File for download

Discussion in 'Opencart Support' started by wayzgoose, Jan 19, 2017.

1. wayzgoose

wayzgoose UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

740 107
    I'm struggling to get a product download to work. So I can pin down the problem, could someone tell me where a file is located after it's uploaded from Opencart?
    Thanks.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 By: wayzgoose Member since: Oct 9, 2007
  2. WebDesires

WebDesires UKBF Regular Full Member

202 25
    It's uploaded into /download/ folder. However the file is renamed to a load of funny characters to obfuscate it. the true filename and the path where it was uploaded is stored in the database.

If you need any further help please feel free to give us a call and we can help explain better and talk about the issue you are having.

Thanks

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 By: WebDesires Member since: Feb 23, 2016
  3. wayzgoose

740 107
    Thanks for that. I assumed there should be a download folder but there isn't. So it's the ftp settings in the site admin I need to look at. Thanks again.

4. WebDesires

WebDesires UKBF Regular Full Member

202 25
    Definitely, it may have failed to upload the file if the folder is missing and permissions are not set correctly.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 By: WebDesires Member since: Feb 23, 2016
  5. wayzgoose

740 107
    While I was checking the files I noticed I'd made a real schoolboy error and installed site outside the public-html folder, doh! Now moved and configure file adjusted so just waiting for it to appear again and I'll get back onto the download problem. The download folder was where it should have been. Strangely, the uploaded test files were in it which is weird because I hadn't filled the ftp details in correctly.

6. wayzgoose

740 107
    Downloads all working ok now.
    Is there a way of: knowing when a purchase has been downloaded, setting the number of times a product can be downloaded, setting a time limit that the download is available?

Posted: Jan 31, 2017 By: wayzgoose Member since: Oct 9, 2007
  7. antropy

antropy OpenCart Experts Full Member - Verified Business

3,137 533
    Answer is here:
    https://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=146609

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010