Feedback please on website

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by -, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

0 0
    I have recently set up a website for my new small business from home - working as a home based administrative support co. for small businesses.

It seems that despite my very limited budget I'm getting plenty of hits but not enough enquiries.

Could anyone that has five minutes please have a look at the site and give me some feedback. www.bos-solutions.co.uk

Many thanks

Liz

Posted: Oct 6, 2004 By: Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  2. adrianjohnson

adrianjohnson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

11 0
    First impressions are that it's a very clear site - very clear navigation and text area. Nice look and feel too! Very impressed.

There are some improvements to make - well, 2 actually. The first is - which one of the two graphics are your logo? The one in the top left (red house), or the white square with the circles? Usually, the logo is the one in the top left. The text at the top is under the white square instead of next to it, so there's some wasted space there.

Last point, and this is a minor coding issue, is that the text on your costs page is one large hyperlink.

Sorry about the waffle, and I'm very impressed with how it looks so far. It looks like a very professional site.

Posted: Oct 6, 2004 By: adrianjohnson Member since: Aug 14, 2004
  3. gj

gj UKBF Newcomer Free Member

308 2
    Raja has some great points in his post.

I think there is perhaps too much in the initial sections of your site that reads like anybody else's website/brochure. Raja's point about getting their attention is key - anything about friendly service, understanding the needs of the busy professional etc reads as rhetoric.

Something that really gets to them in terms of a real life issue they have is great - and examples/testimonials/stories are great for that.

Also, there are a number of typos on your site (am sending you a pm about them) and this wont boost confidence in your accuracy etc.

Hope that helps

Graham

Posted: Oct 11, 2004 By: gj Member since: Apr 25, 2004
  4. MikeH

MikeH UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

594 58
    In addition to the points above, I like to know what things cost. I appreciate that this may vary between clients needs but is it possible to give people an indication?

There are competitors out there that will openly show the cost per letter, call, proof read etc.

On another note, why would customers use your service? Who are you? What is your experience? What are your skills? Sell yourself and your colleagues, make people believe that you have the ability to assist them.

I hope that this helps, it's just my 2 pence worth.

Mike.

Posted: Oct 12, 2004 By: MikeH Member since: Aug 12, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.