Fasthosts - email down again? (23.11.09 1pm)

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by *Lexxy*, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natkits

natkits UKBF Newcomer

40 1
    And now their e-mail servers are even rejecting my login details.

I would say "1 step forward, 2 steps back..." but that would be a lie as no forward motion has been detected :-/

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: natkits Member since: Aug 9, 2007
  2. jasonfrancis170

jasonfrancis170 UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    Pop3 / Webmail issues have definitely returned today! They have been saying all day that the issue is intermittent but I have over 200 customers who say otherwise! No one has received email today, except 1 client who has received a very small handful! FH are rubbish and there will certainly be a large chunk of those 200 people moving away. Everyone should follow them on twitter etc and tweet away that they are absolutely sh**. The last issue (only last week), we did this and they called us with a grovelling apology - not that it helped us but at least it showed they are worried about losing customers!

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: jasonfrancis170 Member since: Nov 24, 2009
  3. MyWebEdge

MyWebEdge UKBF Newcomer

6 6
    I've been taking a ear bashing all day from customers, we're currently looking into alternatives as we have problems of similar nature on the 16th Nov, 10th Nov, 9th Nov and 2nd Nov. All of which have cost us and our customers! I think the least they could do is give us a free months hosting.

As I'm writing this their system status has been updated:

Some customers may be experiencing intermittent issues connecting to our mail servers via POP3 and Webmail. Our engineers are investigating as a priority.

Update: Some customers may still be experiencing intermittent issues when connecting to our email platform. Our engineers are working with our 3rd party providers to resolve this issue as a priority. Please note: Due to the quantity of calls to our customer services team, customers may experience longer than usual waiting times to speak to an agent.

Update 15:15 - We have been experiencing performance issues with our email platform today which has resulted in intermittent access to the email service for some of our customers. This issue relates to a bug in the underlying file system of our new storage hardware and this is being worked on as the top priority both by Fasthosts technical team and our third-party storage supplier.

We are now in the process of restoring full email service to our customers. Service has been restored for a significant number of customers, and we are working hard to restore full access to everyone else.

Please rest assured that no emails have been lost due to this service interruption – all emails are currently queued and will be delivered at the earliest opportunity.

We apologise unreservedly for the disruption this has caused to you, and want to reassure you that all that can be done to resolve this issue is being done.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
    Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: MyWebEdge Member since: Nov 24, 2009
  4. Carl-CSNM

Carl-CSNM UKBF Big Shot

5,131 208
    What a nightmare, especially with it occuring this time of the year when lots of on-line retailers are at their busiest.

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: Carl-CSNM Member since: Apr 9, 2006
  5. *Lexxy*

*Lexxy* UKBF Legend

1,154 251
    thanks for the status updates (for what they're worth!), i can't even log in to the support page now...

thankfully i do have our a/c set up so any incoming emails get copied to my hotmail a/c, but i have emails to send & really don't want to use hotmail as it looks a bit unprofessional (& could well end up in their spam folders?).

perhaps the Gremlins might be under lock & key for tomorrow eh?!

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: *Lexxy* Member since: Sep 20, 2008
  6. scotmum

scotmum UKBF Regular

289 30
    This is ridiculous now - Fasthosts claim that a significant number of clients now have their email restored. I must not be in that prestigious group. There is only about an hour and a half left of office hours left today in which time I need to catch up on an entire day's work. I am just going to have to pray that a) I get my email connection back in the next few minutes and b) my 2 year old continues her afternoon snooze while I catch up.

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: scotmum Member since: Feb 14, 2009
  7. 4little1s

4little1s UKBF Enthusiast

1,610 92
    Yep we are still down as well, guess we are not valued by Fasthosts as much as I thought....hmmmm

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: 4little1s Member since: Aug 1, 2008
  8. kellym82

kellym82 UKBF Newcomer

49 8
    I used fasthosts at the last job I had and it was rubbish, used to drive me insane!

One alternative is outitgoes.com, which used to be rubbish, but they seem to be doing something with their system now, making it more user friendly and works quicker. Anyone got any good or bad experiences with the new look outitgoes.com?

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: kellym82 Member since: Nov 23, 2009
  9. AMCPhoto

AMCPhoto UKBF Newcomer

8 1
    We've had no e-mail since 7am this morning apart from a couple at around 11am then nothing since. We can't log into webmail either, and even their blasted support page is down. I rang support, was on hold for 35 minutes, the support person told me to e-mail escalations at fasthosts !! Nice one since the reason I was ringing was not being able to send or receive e-mail!

As an online large format printing business that relies on clients e-mailing their artwork, we're stuffed for today and so are our customers.

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: AMCPhoto Member since: Nov 24, 2009
  10. natkits

natkits UKBF Newcomer

40 1
    8+ hours later, my e-mail is back.

Good job Fa$thosts, a speedy resolution of problems, as ever :rolleyes:

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: natkits Member since: Aug 9, 2007
  11. AMCPhoto

AMCPhoto UKBF Newcomer

8 1
    E-mail back online 30 minutes after the postie had already collected our mail :(

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: AMCPhoto Member since: Nov 24, 2009
  12. scotmum

scotmum UKBF Regular

289 30
    Perfect - I got back on line at 17.28 which left me all of 2 minutes to catch up on an 8 hour day.

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: scotmum Member since: Feb 14, 2009
  13. *Lexxy*

*Lexxy* UKBF Legend

1,154 251
    i think i got mine back just before 5pm...

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: *Lexxy* Member since: Sep 20, 2008
  14. 4little1s

4little1s UKBF Enthusiast

1,610 92
    OK just finished catching up on my emails for the day (they all arrived in one go today!!!!!!!!). None of this steady trickle of emails during the day and then responding to them, OHHH NOO ! ..... thanks FH for the nightmare, time to head home now and knock off early !:cool:

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: 4little1s Member since: Aug 1, 2008
  15. TestAPlug

TestAPlug UKBF Regular

270 35
    I had my first meeting with UK fast hosts at Earls Court recently. They are very professional. Im sure if you contact them they will resolve this. KEV

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 By: TestAPlug Member since: Jun 2, 2008
  16. scotmum

scotmum UKBF Regular

289 30
    Sorry Kev - have you read through these posts? Just do a search for FH on this forum and read about actual customer experiences before telling us how professional and good and resolving problems they are.

Posted: Nov 25, 2009 By: scotmum Member since: Feb 14, 2009
  17. nickpp

nickpp UKBF Contributor

236 11
    They use the Fasthosts network for some servers

Posted: Nov 25, 2009 By: nickpp Member since: Aug 11, 2008
  18. KidsBeeHappy

KidsBeeHappy UKBF Legend

7,335 1,580
    I didn't know that! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: (Would be more but apparently Sift think 8 Eeek's is enough! - obviously never dealt with fasthosts!!)

Posted: Nov 25, 2009 By: KidsBeeHappy Member since: Oct 9, 2007
  19. imaginarynumber

imaginarynumber UKBF Contributor

183 17
    Is that the same type of professionalism employed by Loan Sharks- if you dont understand what I mean ask any sucker that has tried to cancel an account with them!!! (then read the T&Cs)

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 By: imaginarynumber Member since: Nov 22, 2009
  20. webhostuk

webhostuk Verified Business ✔️

1,417 170
    Hmm really feel sorry to hear so..I have heard good things about them in the past.

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 By: webhostuk Member since: Jul 26, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.