Fantastic new way to raise money for good causes

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Jill Poet, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DotNetWebs

DotNetWebs UKBF Legend Full Member

5,014 1,000
    Just came across this school newsletter when I was searching for some local information:

bit.ly/K28zEw

Interesting comment about the (lack off) success of their P2S campaign on page 2.

Regards

Dotty

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 By: DotNetWebs Member since: Feb 16, 2005
  2. bdw

bdw Banned

6,568 1,269
    No, Peel2Save is taking the UK by storm (according to their website - still!). :rolleyes:

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 By: bdw Member since: Aug 13, 2008
  3. ThePublisher

ThePublisher UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

945 210
    Posted: Jun 8, 2012 By: ThePublisher Member since: Mar 4, 2007
  4. DotNetWebs

5,014 1,000
    Just did a bit of searching to see how the scheme is going and found this allegation:

http://www.canyoutrustthem.com/inde...es&company_name=6559&city=&list=yes&offsetf=0

Incredible if it's true. As I said all along in this thread the schools etc. would have been better off organising a scheme themselves.

Regards

Dotty

Posted: Jun 8, 2012 By: DotNetWebs Member since: Feb 16, 2005
  5. ThePublisher

945 210
    Posted: Jun 8, 2012 By: ThePublisher Member since: Mar 4, 2007
  6. surprisesurprise

surprisesurprise UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 3
    Hi
    I've just spent a long time reading the 37 pages of this thread - well most of it anyway.

Peel to Save has been an unmitigated disaster. There are literally hundreds of "franchisees" around the country who have lost money because the cards have not sold. The cynicism of many on this forum has proven to be correctly placed.

There have been a lot of truths, mis-truths, naive comments and downright rubbish told throughout this thread by well meaning people, not to mention lots of guesswork.

The current state of affairs is that franchisees are walking away in their droves...the "rescue package" put together by N5 was/is laughable and as usual as soon as things get difficult the man himself is conspicuous by his absence. And of course, its the franchisees fault its gone wrong...they haven't tried or done it right or whatever.

Whilst none of this will be a surprise to any of you, least of all those who have been burnt by NB before, I thought you might appreciate the update as the positive contributors from before seem to have disappeared of late.

One other person commenting here clearly knows a lot about NB's businesses. His current play is to build his name, brand Nigel - he wants to be a business guru, loving being on stage with Branson, Sugar et al. His PR firm have been working for ages on getting him on TV - he reviewed the morning papers one Sunday I'm told. Kind of a screening to see if he "works" on TV. Let's hope he doesn't.

With brand Nigel being the main push through his entrepreneurs circle and his other masterclass claptrap, his previous enterprises have been left to fester. Yet still people flock to his products. If you've seen him on stage you may not be surprised at this - he is good on stage and all the words are right to your face. It's the delivery and follow up that are non-existant.

Anyway, enough for now. Like I said - can't imagine any of you are surprised.

Rgds

Posted: Jun 12, 2012 By: surprisesurprise Member since: Jun 12, 2012
  7. DotNetWebs

5,014 1,000
    Thanks for the update surprisesurprise.

Steve gave quite a few of us stick in this thread when all we (in my case at least) were trying to do is use our experience to point out the potential pitfalls in this scheme and giving a bit of balance to the "no brainer" hype that surrounded it's launch.

I wonder if you still stand by that Steve?

As far as I can see (as predicted) there is only one real "winner" who does not appear on your list.

Regards

Dotty

Posted: Jun 13, 2012 By: DotNetWebs Member since: Feb 16, 2005
  8. VictorVector

VictorVector UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 5
    I've ploughed my way through the thread too. If people are having such issues, why not get together and get a media figure such as Matt Allwright to investigate and expose the guy?

I can't do the link yet but it is mattallwright dot com;)

Posted: Jun 13, 2012 By: VictorVector Member since: Apr 25, 2012
  9. NotAnotherMug

NotAnotherMug UKBF Newcomer Free Member

47 26
    I recently had a long chat with someone I met at a network meeting. He joined Nigel Botterill's Entrepreneurs Circle when it started. He left when it started repeating itself.

Perhaps Nigel has run out of people to plagiarize?

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 By: NotAnotherMug Member since: May 16, 2011
  10. captaincloser

captaincloser Banned

2,770 1,130
    Err..would that be MAtt Allwright from the telly...who's BBC motorcycle partner in chasing down bad guys is currently being prosecuted for alleged housing benefit fraud ?

Posted: Jun 17, 2012 By: captaincloser Member since: Mar 20, 2010
  11. wdog5555

wdog5555 UKBF Regular Free Member

173 45
    Oh the irony!!!!!!!:D

Sorry but that made me larf!!!

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 By: wdog5555 Member since: Nov 24, 2008
  12. NotAnotherMug

47 26
    I've just looked at the getthebestof.com.au and on the Proposition page was the following classic comment (spelling mistakes included).

"There arealready over 15 franchises around Australia and the concept launched less than 12 months ago."

My opinion of the common sense of Australians has just gone up sharply!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
    Posted: Jul 6, 2012 By: NotAnotherMug Member since: May 16, 2011
  13. ThePublisher

945 210
    Ah, don't you just love Nige. Those testimonials on the Australian website on the effectiveness of TBO are from the UK..............

Posted: Jul 6, 2012 By: ThePublisher Member since: Mar 4, 2007
  14. businessfunding

businessfunding Guest

0 0
    If we are lucky he will get recognised by Government as a Guru - then a fraud conviction will inevitably follow...

Posted: Jul 6, 2012 By: businessfunding Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  15. VictorVector

VictorVector UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 5
    Yeah. Maybe Esther Rantzen would have been a better choice:p

Posted: Jul 7, 2012 By: VictorVector Member since: Apr 25, 2012
  16. ThePublisher

945 210
    Posted: Jul 16, 2012 By: ThePublisher Member since: Mar 4, 2007
  17. PeopleWatcher

PeopleWatcher UKBF Newcomer Free Member

153 32
    Is there any such thing as a good cause?

There's winners and losers and that's about the top and bottom of it.

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 By: PeopleWatcher Member since: Jul 14, 2012
  18. DotNetWebs

5,014 1,000
    'Anyone' in N5 they mean.

Plenty of others realised, and pointed out, this wouldn't be quite the 'no brainer' it was being made out to be.

Regards

Dotty

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 By: DotNetWebs Member since: Feb 16, 2005
  19. ThePublisher

945 210
    Oh lord, he's pushing something else 'Getting Customers' worth £500

http://nigelbotterill.com/challenge/

'helping another 2012 business owners with there marketing'

Good to see nothing's changed.

Posted: Jul 19, 2012 By: ThePublisher Member since: Mar 4, 2007
  20. NotAnotherMug

47 26
    Classic Nigel Botterill! He takes a lot of people's money, sells them what sound like a good idea that has been 'tried and tested', then proceeds to firstly lose those people their money, then tries relaunching the product and then goes into a 'consultation period' when that doesn't work.

You gotta love the bit "we are drawing on the experience from the pockets of successful Peelers across the UK".

At least it's only taken a year this time. A lot of people (me included), spent a great deal longer than that trying to make one of his other ideas, thebestof work.

I'll repeat it till I'm blue in the face :eek:, the only person who makes real money out of one of Nigel Botterill's mostly deliberately poorly implemented ideas is Nigel Botterill.

Posted: Aug 1, 2012 By: NotAnotherMug Member since: May 16, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.