Fantastic new way to raise money for good causes

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Jill Poet, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3Atech

3Atech UKBF Newcomer Free Member

22 0
    It is hard to beleive I think...

Fantastic gift of custom your own Bag Tag or your corporate Bag Tag..The travler would much like and we beleive most people like travel even short distance travel. Also you can send them as gift to your family or friends as well as better promotion way for your corporation.

Should you look at our web now as below signature for more information.

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 By: 3Atech Member since: Jul 12, 2011
  2. PhatChef

PhatChef UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Ok, I concede a poor choice of word, sadly the geezer who was trying to get me to sign up didn't choose to reveal by how much the "charity" might benefit, so it all felt much more like I was being scammed. I hate feeling that someone is trying to pull the wool over my eyes. I feel the same about cold calling salesmen and telephone marketers, you never feel you're getting the whole story.:(

Posted: Sep 1, 2011 By: PhatChef Member since: Aug 23, 2011
  3. DotNetWebs

DotNetWebs UKBF Legend Full Member

5,014 1,001
    I would still be interested to here more about how you achieved this.

I have been monitoring Twitter and the various forums and have not seen anyone else even remotely come close the success you have had.

Regards

Dotty

Posted: Sep 1, 2011 By: DotNetWebs Member since: Feb 16, 2005
  4. Why All The Fuss?

Why All The Fuss? UKBF Newcomer Free Member

24 21
    Marketing wise, not a lot really. We just picked the two biggest charities locally who firstly we have a great relationship with and secondly had several of their biggest events during August (plus several shops each in the local area).

We provided pop-up banners etc. for each event plus window stickers for the shops and some adverts in our own publications.

Sure we have better connections than most of the other "peelers", but what is holding most of them back is they appear to be far too reliant on listening to how N5 say they should do it, or listening to some of the self proclaimed marketing gurus who bought in.

I have always found that people don't buy bull$h1t normally, so when you are dealing with raising money for good causes it's best to be open and honest up front and for us it's working.

I do think the majority of you are right however, that the majority are going to crash and burn in this venture.

Possibly our biggest secret however is staying away from the N5 Facebook support group where anyone with a good idea publicises it and other people then go screw it up nationally.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
    Posted: Sep 1, 2011 By: Why All The Fuss? Member since: Jul 5, 2011
  5. DotNetWebs

5,014 1,001
    Many thanks for the feedback - very interesting.

Regards

Dotty

Posted: Sep 1, 2011 By: DotNetWebs Member since: Feb 16, 2005
  6. ThePublisher

ThePublisher UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

945 210
    You obviously have the priceless prior knowledge of N5 and the way it operates and are able to sift out the good ideas from the bad. For many of the 'peelers' presumably this will be their first experience of Nige and his ways.

Have you started to research how you are going to continue to make this work when it all goes t!ts with N5?

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 By: ThePublisher Member since: Mar 4, 2007
  7. NotAnotherMug

NotAnotherMug UKBF Newcomer Free Member

47 26
    After a couple of months, do you have any extra experiences or information you'd like to share?

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 By: NotAnotherMug Member since: May 16, 2011
  8. mr magoo

mr magoo UKBF Newcomer Free Member

81 4

Can we have restrictions for posters like this idiot and anyone who agrees its disgusting and shameful terrible!!!!

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 By: mr magoo Member since: Aug 29, 2009
  9. DotNetWebs

5,014 1,001
    Posted: Oct 21, 2011 By: DotNetWebs Member since: Feb 16, 2005
  10. ThePublisher

945 210
    All the funds from them 10 cards to your organisation! It's an absolute no brainer...what are you waiting for?!

Aside from the shocking grammar, the No Brainer is SOOOOOO Nigel Botterill. It can't be a coincidence No Brainer and Nigel Botterill have the same initials!

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 By: ThePublisher Member since: Mar 4, 2007
  11. DotNetWebs

5,014 1,001
    Yes and a few months ago it was a "No Brainer" that charities would be queuing up to sell the cards for 50% of the profits so why the need to start giving them away?

Regards

Dotty

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 By: DotNetWebs Member since: Feb 16, 2005
  12. glbo

glbo UKBF Newcomer Free Member

37 6
    Hi Jill - May I ask your opinion of how to sell a new book that ties in with online fund raising for a cause ?

I have co-written a chapter of a book "The Art and Science of Success Volume 3" with Matt Morris - the Author of Unemployed Millionaire . It is scheduled to be published by year end 2011 . The book will be sold on Amazon.com

Your idea is very much appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
    Posted: Oct 21, 2011 By: glbo Member since: Oct 9, 2011
  13. NotAnotherMug

47 26
    I agree, it's got NB's fingerprints and style all over it.

If you follow the link to the Warrington Peel2Save page on thebestof Warrington, you'll see "To find out more and read what the people of Warrington have to say about Peel2Save Warrington click here".

If you do that you'll see the expected space where any comments should be. So the 'Peeler' has no customers who want to help advertise the opportunity, and is giving away potential profit with freebies.

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 By: NotAnotherMug Member since: May 16, 2011
  14. DotNetWebs

5,014 1,001
    We haven't heard any more so I thought I would do a quick Twitter search to see how things are going.

It look like it wasn't quite a "no brainer" that establishments would be queuing up to offer discounts for these cards:

http://twitter.com/#!/timcoxonpga/status/128538504006340608

Regards

Dotty

Posted: Oct 25, 2011 By: DotNetWebs Member since: Feb 16, 2005
  15. ThePublisher

945 210
    But that's the point. It may be free advertising, but businesses have to give discounts to get the custom.

I went to a meeting of my local town traders association. One of the items on the agenda was an approach by something remarkably similar to Peel2Save, a booklet of discount vouchers being sold for a fiver to raise money for charity. Nobody was leaping up and down wanting to join the scheme, it was felt that their margins are tight enough already without discounting. These traders would have been my target customers if I'd have gone down the Peel2Save route (no way would I have done so, but it was interesting to hear their views with P2S in mind).

10% off may not seem much to a purchaser, but 10% gross off is a huge amount to a lot of retailers.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    Posted: Oct 25, 2011 By: ThePublisher Member since: Mar 4, 2007
  16. NotAnotherMug

47 26
    As it's a couple of months further forward, does anyone want to comment on the success or failure of a Peel2Save operation?

I'm still getting invitations to join various Nigel Botterill run operations, most delivered in his usual breathless style.

Posted: Dec 2, 2011 By: NotAnotherMug Member since: May 16, 2011
  17. iArtist

iArtist Guest

0 0
    Nope...........

Posted: Dec 2, 2011 By: iArtist Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  18. DotNetWebs

5,014 1,001
    ^^^^ Very helpful!

I would be interested to hear more.

Interestingly I have just done a Twitter search and found one franchisor who is selling the cards himself directly and ***appears*** to be using them to fund his own [sports] club...

I guess there is nothing technically wrong with that but it is 'stretching' the charity angle a bit IMO.

Regards

Dotty

Posted: Dec 2, 2011 By: DotNetWebs Member since: Feb 16, 2005
  19. furrycoat

furrycoat UKBF Newcomer Free Member

31 7
    If i had a pound for everytime someone came up to me in my networking group and asked me what I thought of "peel2save" or Nigel Botterill's entrepenuer's circle I would have ooooo about £32!

I make no comment positive or negative I just innocently respond "google it and make your own opinion"

The two "Best Of" francisees I know are nice people but I don't think even they know how it all works...!

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 By: furrycoat Member since: Apr 20, 2010
  20. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy UKBF Legend Staff Member

20,433 7,050
    Also I have heard tell that with regard to TBO & NB his gang do a pretty good job of reputation management online, better than Daz :p

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
    Posted: Feb 1, 2012 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.