Facebook username wanted

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by QuickHomeBuyers, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bargainmania

bargainmania UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

653 85
    They understand there customer profile. I will gladly send you a pm and even tell you who i made the offer to so you can see what you think of there page or anything else??

Alistair

Posted: May 1, 2011 By: bargainmania Member since: Apr 9, 2011
  2. MASSEY

MASSEY UKBF Legend Full Member

10,328 1,783
    I had a feeling that these people were forced to sign up from a previous deal where i presume they never looked very closely at the terms and conditions. :D

But at least they are real and not bots. You will probably do well out of this idea.

Posted: May 1, 2011 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  3. bargainmania

653 85
    What????
    Previous deal?
    am sorry massey but i do not have a clue what you are going on about?
    You think i have 50000 people signed up to some offer they know nothing about?
    To be perfectly honest even that theory is beyond idiotic.
    if you take into account that some pages are targeted you are talking hundreds of thousands of people?

Alistair

4. MASSEY

10,328 1,783
    I do yes. It's do-able.

Your breaking facebook guidlines though.

Posted: May 1, 2011 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  5. bargainmania

653 85
    Lmao, ok Massey

Do you care to explain what guidelines we are breaking.
    Bearing in mind btw that if we had hundreds of thousands of people signed up to some invisible offer we know nothing about, We would be very rich.

Alistair

6. MASSEY

10,328 1,783
    Your breaking guidlines all over the shop. This is just a few..

Posted: May 2, 2011 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  7. Esk247

Esk247 UKBF Legend Free Member

7,758 1,514
    i'd forgotten about these rules :rolleyes:

we used to run competitions on facebook but they get banned pretty quickly since they changed the rules.

you also have to be careful of Likes being used in the form of voting for competitions. that is also banned as far as i know.

Posted: May 2, 2011 By: Esk247 Member since: Oct 6, 2008
  8. bargainmania

653 85
    You did not quote any terms we are breaking?

Alistair

Posted: May 2, 2011 By: bargainmania Member since: Apr 9, 2011
  9. MASSEY

10,328 1,783
    Well your spamming i think everyone agrees on that.

Also

Your not a representative of the pages you force to like the people who pay you a fiver. Also does facebook get any of the fiver you charge?

It's a very grey area, and people know this. But don't claim your not breaking guidlines :D:D:)

10. bargainmania

653 85
    How exactly am i spamming?
    By getting people to freely like a business page that the owner of the business wants the likes for???????

Am not a representative of a page am an admin for?
    again???? what

It is only a grey area when people make it grey

Alistair

11. MASSEY

10,328 1,783
    But you guarantee x amount of visitors. So it's not free will it's you signing them up via third party dealings.

If you had originally said "yes i can get you some likes for a fiver not sure how many though" then it would be believable.

You then say they might leave. So how are you a representative of these pages.:|

Im getting a headache, maybe some one else can explain to me lol

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  12. bargainmania

653 85
    So you think i should be doing this work as a free service?
    You would pay £5 for 1 fan of your business page. Remember the 25 is a minimum. If i was to get you to Like someones business page Massey?
    How am i supposed to make sure you dont unlike it at some point?

Alistair

13. Esk247

Esk247 UKBF Legend Free Member

7,758 1,514
    No I think that Facebook have started tightening up the rules around the use of the Like and Friend buttons. Businesses were selling and trading 'Likes' but that is being tightened up now I think.

Review the Ts&Cs on Facebook and Twitter because we got told off for running a competition on Facebook that involved people liking our page in order to vote on the best picture etc.

Posted: May 2, 2011 By: Esk247 Member since: Oct 6, 2008
  14. MASSEY

10,328 1,783
    A minimum of 25 i see. I would not do it for free, but what im saying is if you emailed facebook and said is it ok to do this, you know as well as me they would say "erm no...".

15. WJP

WJP UKBF Ace Free Member

1,369 270
    I think you meant Alistair, it's not my business we're discussing :)

Posted: May 2, 2011 By: WJP Member since: Apr 6, 2010
  16. MASSEY

10,328 1,783
    Haha, i mean "free will" but bargain media is assuring us all that the likes are of free will intent.

17. bargainmania

653 85
    We have already been in contact with facebook mate. Infact to a far greater extent than you would imagine, This is needed for the brand new selling experience that we are working on.

We are not offering anything to anyone for our service as way of any incentives so are not breaking any of the terms or conditions. Infact quite the opposite.

This is where offering it as a freebie enters a different territory which is why we had to check with our Facebook rep that this would be ok.

Alistair

18. Silky

Silky UKBF Ace Full Member

1,170 210
    I don't see why buying Facebook fans is any different in its foundation to direct mail marketing or email marketing to be fair to Bargainmania - both forms are used very widely in business to spread awareness and both can bring returns IF the mailing or promotion is closely targeted (going back to my original and oft repeated point). In fact segmentation and targeting is essential for any advertising and promotion if you don't want to waste your hard earned dosh.

If Bargainmania brings us the targeted leads, as long as these genuinely meet our requirements, then it's down to us to convert these - he's not offering us business, just the audience. On a cost per fan comparison, the price stacks up well against email marketing, but like all these forms of promotion we can't expect every single one of those fans to jump at our offering. Direct mail / email marketing would bring in somewhere around 5-10% respondents if they're from a bought-in database and the communication is handled well, if we can expect a similar return from the Facebook fans then the service has definite merit.

There are scores of businesses out there offering Twitter followers, I haven't come across so many offering Facebook fans although it's a natural progression. If it's genuine (and hopefully we'll see a testimonial from a targeted audience on that today?) then it's an obvious service that has the potential to do well if marketed correctly.

Silky

Posted: May 2, 2011 By: Silky Member since: Oct 29, 2007
  19. MillieMaesworld

MillieMaesworld UKBF Newcomer Free Member

164 38
    Good morning all. Alistair has worked his magic again. Over 1,100 likes. Now I have to try and keep them :)

Posted: May 2, 2011 By: MillieMaesworld Member since: Apr 2, 2011
  20. JohnLocke1

JohnLocke1 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

450 163
    That's great. Looking at your facebook page though there seems to be very little interaction. How much have these "likes" increased your donations and/or enquiries?

I know you'll probably say it's increased awareness, but I'm not convinced that's the case if people are just going to the page, clicking "like" and then probably leaving without even reading it, as Alistair said this is how the "system" works.

Posted: May 2, 2011 By: JohnLocke1 Member since: Apr 12, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.