Facebook Ads or Boost?

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by Kerry Bate, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Kerry Bate

Kerry Bate UKBF Newcomer Full Member - Verified Business

7 1
    Has anyone used Facebook Ads or the boost feature?

if so, what was the ROI, your experience - would you do them again?

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 By: Kerry Bate Member since: Apr 5, 2021
  2. Daniel_5

Daniel_5 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi,

Boosted post is just like a usual Facebook post. Except, you spend a little money to promote it to people who would not see your organic post. It's the simplest form of a Facebook ad, and you can create one in just a few clicks. Don’t Boost! Promote FB Posts properly to reach results!

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 By: Daniel_5 Member since: Apr 12, 2021
  3. Kerry Bate

7 1
    Thank you - When you say Don't Boost! - wold you advise a proper ad built in business suite?

4. Ozzy

Ozzy Founder of UKBF Administrator

3,850 342
    I've used Facebook Ads intensely for about 6 months now promoting my wife's products from here website, and it's been a steep learning curve but once I got the hang of it the returns have been great.

The biggest thing I would strongly advise is making sure you understand your target audience first, know their interests/demographics. Get that right then you have potentially millions to reach.
    The Facebook Ads signup process guides you to setup an advert quickly and easily, but following that process doesn't give you the best results. A few quick steps to consider for this I'd suggest the following;
    • Create a Business Manager account on Facebook, and verify your domain names for your website. This is needed for the new iOS14 update coming as Apple is going to block Facebook Ads recording ad performance unless this is done.
    • Follow their steps to install a Facebook Pixel on your website/signup process to allow them to measure sales. You'll need this to check the adverts are working for you.
    • In the Asset Manager within the Business Manager create a few "audiences" which the types of people you want to target. Don't use the automated signup way to do this as it doesn't save the audiences, makes managing ads a pain in the backside.
    • Use something like Canva or similar to create eye catching adverts.
    Make sure you know what you need to make per sale (CPA/Cost Per Acquisition) and be prepared to cut adverts if they aren't achieving this and try any variant. The most important part of this process is understanding your audience and who you need to target.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  5. Kerry Bate

7 1
    This is great thank you.
    I will take a look how to set all that up, however can it be varied/changed?

reason being, I will be looking to promote events rather than my business, therefore my target audience will change per event.

However, I do have a website and a Facebook page I could advertise, drive traffic to those but I am looking for direct signups to the events rather than likes and comments on my pages?!

So as an alternative boost the event and not boost a post, the ads process seem a little unsuited for an event?

6. Ozzy

3,850 342
    Just going radicle for a moment...seeing as you mention a Facebook page. If you verify your business on Facebook and jump through a few hoops you can start offering charged for events through a Facebook page (for example the UKBF Facebook page can do that). That way people can book onto events and pay for them via your Facebook page.

So you can create an event on your Facebook page and set the price for tickets, and then for each event you can create a bespoke advert/boost for each event targeting different people each time. Added bonus is that would be easy to measure your ROI as it'll all be within Facebooks ecosystem.

7. Kerry Bate

7 1
    Interesting... off i go to look at the UKBF Facebook page

I assume that Eliminates the need for a third party booking system like eventbrite?

8. Ozzy

3,850 342
    Correct, but it does mean you whole audience will be contained within Facebook (which some people may feel is not ideal). However, for something like this and at low cost I think it's worth considering.

9. japancool

japancool UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,413 910
    A Facebook ad can also appear on the other social media that FB own - Whatsapp and Instagram, IIRC.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 By: japancool Member since: Jul 11, 2013
  10. Ozzy

3,850 342
    Indeed, we get about 90% of our sales from the FB ads shown across Instagram compared to Facebook itself - although the products are visual which works better on Instagram compared to Facebook.

11. Kerry Bate

7 1
    Facebook has been asking me all day to link to WhatsApp! Might be worth considering to be able to do a share over all?

12. Kerry Bate

7 1
    Yes, to be fair I think for events and what I do containing the audience within Facebook wouldn’t be a bad thing

13. Marketing Hub

Marketing Hub UKBF Contributor Full Member

35 3
    There's a lot you need to look at. Are you trying to sell something? If so, your offer, sales copy and landing page need to be spot on. If you are just looking eyeballs on your post, then boosting it is the way to go, but its a waste of money

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 By: Marketing Hub Member since: Apr 29, 2021