Facebook ad or Google ad

momon121

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Hi

I’ve started offering our £10 sweet box to the UK for £3.99. We also have a website and at the moment we only serve BB postcode only.

All our post and competition are on Facebook but as we want as much people to find out about our service I’m thinking of using Facebook ad since all our customers on this platform.

I have heard others mention google adword but I don’t know which platform will prove to be more beneficial.

Any thoughts ?

Shaun Gambit

Free Member
May 17, 2021
It's quite a complicated question without a bit of background. I take it that you've only been using organic social posts on Facebook thus far? Without any background, if you say your customers are all on Facebook it seems like this channel must be working for you. If that is the case I would say try Facebook ads, because organic Facebook posts only reach a limited amount of your followers, using ads will help you reach more of your own followers. Try this but in small amounts to see if it works. I'd also recommend contacting a professional to help you set things up, or run a test for a couple of months.

Upvote 0

momon121

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
It's quite a complicated question without a bit of background. I take it that you've only been using organic social posts on Facebook thus far? Without any background, if you say your customers are all on Facebook it seems like this channel must be working for you. If that is the case I would say try Facebook ads, because organic Facebook posts only reach a limited amount of your followers, using ads will help you reach more of your own followers. Try this but in small amounts to see if it works. I'd also recommend contacting a professional to help you set things up, or run a test for a couple of months.
Thank you, for some reason Facebook’s algorithms has stopped by post reaching a wider audience organically. In the past a simple post could easily reach 5k now post with images or something exciting hardly gets it moving. Could you recommend any company who have good track record in Facebook advertising

Upvote 0

Shaun Gambit

Free Member
May 17, 2021
Thank you, for some reason Facebook’s algorithms has stopped by post reaching a wider audience organically. In the past a simple post could easily reach 5k now post with images or something exciting hardly gets it moving. Could you recommend any company who have good track record in Facebook advertising

Yeah, they do this so that more people spend on their advertising. In terms of a company that can help, I can help set things up for you so that you can get started in the short term if you are keen?

Upvote 0

AllUpHere

Free Member
Jun 30, 2014
Facebook ads can be very expensive as it takes a lot of money for the algorithm to figure out who's going to convert. Be prepared to spend up £1000 in ad spend to allow the Facebook algorithm to work properly
How is it expensive if you can get it running nicely for a grand?

Upvote 0

AlanJ1

Free Member
Jul 25, 2018
Its depends on how much it costs per conversion. How much is a new customer worth to you?
Depends on which site, I have multiple with FB ads. One site has an LTV incredibly high so know I can spend further whereas another site can have an LTV pretty much at the value of the first order.

What is pixel ?

I would suggest momon you read a little online around the Facebook ad platform and how it works and how it would benefit you before you spend any money. I would also briefly suggest low value items it is very hard to make a profit on when you have an ad spend to factor in and even more so if you went to an agency and they have a retainer or commission (I would guess no agency would touch products at £3.99 though).

Upvote 0

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu