General Business Forum Brought to you by Total Gas & Power

EZEEPEEZE.co, time to spill the beans.

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by m4ttch4tt, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LicensedToTrade

LicensedToTrade UKBF Legend Free Member

6,330 2,143

Don't you think thats exactly how most consumer electronics retailers already operate? It is a competitive market and margins are tight. Buying 15 xboxes won't enable you to see a profit from a sales price of £100.00. In fact if you are talking about an order of 15 your best bet would be to buy it from tesco, it would still be cheaper than microsoft would charge.

You need to be buying xboxes in the tens of thousands to make a profit from a selling price of £100.00

*EDIT*: In fact you still wouldn't make a profit fromm 100.00 even in those quantities!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
    Posted: Feb 4, 2011 By: LicensedToTrade Member since: Nov 7, 2009
  2. kulture

kulture UKBF Legend Staff Member

7,969 2,176
    I suspect that the OP has NO IDEA how the retail market actually works, and no idea how low the xbox margins already are.

It is interesting that the OP is conspicuous by his absence. Either he has got a life out side this forum (I have heard it is possible) or he does not know the answers to my questions (scary if as he says he has been working on this for 2 years), or there is a fundamental point/idea he has not told us.

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 By: kulture Member since: Aug 11, 2007
  3. LicensedToTrade

6,330 2,143

Well according to my rather basic checks he is a partially qualified locksmith from essex, so perhaps he is working on that?

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 By: LicensedToTrade Member since: Nov 7, 2009
  4. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Guest

1,427 480
    Yes but this is where his plan completely collapses - the costs of refunding these transactions (and insuring against them being fraudulent) significantly outweigh any interest he is going to get in those 30 days... this has been explained to him multiple times by people well qualified to do so and he just chooses to repeatedly ignore it.

I would think the fact that Groupon etc don't actually charge you any cash till a transaction has enough people and is definitely going ahead should be indication enough to the OP.... why aren't Groupon taking advantage of all this free interest?

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 By: JohnnyCash Member since: Dec 8, 2010
  5. m4ttch4tt

m4ttch4tt UKBF Regular Free Member

230 15
    You're some type of weirdo, can you please stop looking me up it's a bit strange!

I will answer your posts Kulture but as you put it I do have a life outside of this forum. You have made some good points and I shall answer them as clearly as possible when I get a bit more time on my hands.

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 By: m4ttch4tt Member since: Nov 14, 2010
  6. sellickbhoy

sellickbhoy UKBF Ace Free Member

1,063 258
    whoa tiger!!!!:D

i think its a rubbish idea, too complicated, but what i was trying to say (probably badly) was that if he WANTED to go down this route, then a simpler option would be to have a wee indicator that showed the number of "buyers" and the target number to be reached before the deal could be bought

i've just plucked numbers out of the sky - based on the OP's original imaginations (sorry, his market research and discussions with suppliers! he said he could get a margin on an xbox selling it at £100)

the only slight difference to this is that comet (for example) sell them in a qty of 1, they buy in 10,000 and sell them off individually. this way, the guy could agree a price point and hold no stock but then only buy/sell them once the required volume of orders had been achieved

so he could have 3 deals on the go

deal 1

xbox 360 - £180 -number of buyers needed to get this price -10

deal 2

xbox 360 - £150 -number of buyers needed to get this price -100

deal 3

xbox 360 - £120 -number of buyers needed to get this price -1000

obviosuly deal 3 would take longer to reach, but the money would be in his account a lot longer too.

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 By: sellickbhoy Member since: Jun 5, 2009
  7. popunder

popunder UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

667 171
    I think this has been done to death, if you're still convinced it's a winner then just let us know when the site goes live.

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 By: popunder Member since: Mar 5, 2008
  8. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612

think yourself lucky it`s just that amateur LTT ........ I might have a moosey round later.

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 By: saxondale Member since: Jul 23, 2008
  9. kulture

7,969 2,176
    Oh Well, no reply.

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 By: kulture Member since: Aug 11, 2007
  10. m4ttch4tt

230 15
    Nope too busy actually getting some vitamins from the sun lol. What's the sun you say?

Anyway. I've decided that I'll give the forums a rest for now as I have been thinking and come to the decision, that although there are some creditable names on here that know their stuff and from what I've heard know it well. I'm still in the mindset that none of you (including myself) knows EVERYTHING about business online/offline/legal/whatever, we have all got an infinite amount of knowledge to learn, for that reason I'm figuring that time spent arguing over wether or not it'll work and slating eachother is just getting in the wayof learning that knowledge.
    I'm not saying that I think your all WRONG and I'm just going to ignore you all and TRY to make this work, I'm just not going to discuss anymore and I'm going to make it happen.
    There are many points that we have covered to which the majority still don't understand, that's probably my fault , there are a million different things going on here with this 'system' and making it work does mean that everything has to be factored in. I'm not all that good at describing what's in my head as I can already see it all working and forget that none of you can so I skip bits out which confuses every new comer.

Rightyo sees ya later. If it doesn't work you won't see me on TV or on the front cover of every newspaper and if it does, I'll throw a huge friggin party and you're all invited LAMO :p

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 By: m4ttch4tt Member since: Nov 14, 2010
  11. kulture

7,969 2,176
    If it works you will be making money out of what is probably a scam, so no I will not come to any party.

To be honest, as you have so many advisers, I do not understand why you post here anyway.

I would strongly suggest you throw this plan away, and put your undoubted enthusiasm into a more likely venture. I know it is hard to give up on a idea, but this one does not have legs.

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 By: kulture Member since: Aug 11, 2007
  12. saxondale

saxondale Banned

3,742 612
    if it works we`ll probably see you on the news too, for different reasons to the one you think.

Posted: Feb 7, 2011 By: saxondale Member since: Jul 23, 2008
  13. LicensedToTrade

6,330 2,143
    The OP came to the conclusion that nobody knows everything about business including himself, so he has decided to remedy the situation by leaving the forum and thereby reducing his exposure to business knowledge even further. Smart.

Posted: Feb 7, 2011 By: LicensedToTrade Member since: Nov 7, 2009
  14. DancingWithPoodles

DancingWithPoodles Banned

1,357 252
    it might work but only if there is someone smarter than you going for it

Posted: Feb 7, 2011 By: DancingWithPoodles Member since: Nov 16, 2009
  15. m4ttch4tt

230 15
    Precisely!
    There are many other sources I can use to my advantage whilst also avoiding the above 4 comments, there is too much negativity on these forums and that's a shame because they could really help people.
    At a guess I'd say you lot just treat every idea/venture the same, fair enough you have seen many come and go, more go than come I'm betting, but that's your doing.
    Just saying the words NO/FAIL/IMPOSSIBLE/WASTE/WRONG or any other detrimental words to that affect does NOT mean you are good at business or have a business head. I'm not doubting some of you may be quite successful, but I fear that over growing ego may be scarring your personalities.

Posted: Feb 7, 2011 By: m4ttch4tt Member since: Nov 14, 2010
  16. stugster

stugster UKBF Legend Full Member

9,346 2,078
    Matt, I wish you well.

When you get started up, let me know. I want an xBox for £100.

Posted: Feb 7, 2011 By: stugster Member since: Feb 1, 2007
  17. Mustaka

Mustaka UKBF Newcomer Free Member

332 161
    I actually thought of a way to make this work. But seeing as you don't need our knowledge I will keep it to myself now.

In fact if anyone wants to know please PM me and I shall send you details.

Posted: Feb 7, 2011 By: Mustaka Member since: Feb 3, 2009
  18. m4ttch4tt

230 15
    Ahh you poor soul. Is that all you could counjour up from the very depths of you thought processes, I feel ashamed for you.
    It was a good attempt at trying to carry out your so called cleverness though.
    I give you a big star sticker for your effort. Good girl.

Ha Ha.

I'll only return to find out what other humorous replies people put up now.
    Good bye everybody, see you on the other side :).

19. m4ttch4tt

230 15
    Looks like I'll have competition then.
    Maybe you'll be able to get hold of 'millions' to launch it and battle me in court for the rights.
    Now that my friend kinda turns me on ha ha.

20. m4ttch4tt

230 15
    I will PM you as soon as I'm up and running and you have my word that you can have an xbox for £100 (providing you meet the 'Target Price' of course & don't mind losing interest on your £100 lol). That was the original intent.

See I got you interested lol.
    Finally... A possible customer......?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.