Exporting to the EU in future

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Solly, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Solly

Solly UKBF Regular Free Member

106 13
    My wife's company has around 70% of sales in the EU, fairly even split between B2C and B2B.

I assume after Dec 31st all retail sales will require a CN22 and wholesale will need a CN23?

Will a commercial invoice be required?

Posted: Jun 23, 2020 By: Solly Member since: Jan 13, 2020
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

24,357 2,959
    Presume some details will still be announced before end of the year but it's a reasonable assumption. Plus of course customs delays you are not experiencing yet.

Posted: Jun 23, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Paul Norman

Paul Norman UKBF Ace Free Member

2,780 866
    We export a fair percentage of our retail sales to Europe.

We have actually had information from HMRC in some detail as to what we will be required to do in the event of a no deal situation at the end of December - which is the assumption I am working on.

If you register for an EORI number (if you have have not already done so), you will get the information

You will have to report the transactions, and there is software available that will assist with that.

Those sales will be VAT free, and customers may be liable for local sales taxes/import duties as levied from time to time by the receiving nation.

Posted: Jun 24, 2020 By: Paul Norman Member since: Apr 8, 2010
  4. DontAsk

DontAsk UKBF Ace Free Member

1,531 228
    Retail/wholesale is irrelevant. The required form is based on value.

CN22 will soon be replaced by CN22A and CN22B. My local postie had some but there don't seem to be any details on the RM website yet.

Posted: Jun 24, 2020 By: DontAsk Member since: Jan 7, 2015
  5. Import Expert

Import Expert UKBF Regular Free Member

335 134
    Depends on the value and the mode of shipment. From above I'm assuming you are using Royal Mail so as per reply above.

Posted: Aug 24, 2020 By: Import Expert Member since: Feb 1, 2012