Expanding, need furniture!

Discussion in 'North East' started by Stu33, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stu33

Stu33 UKBF Contributor Free Member

34 5
    Hi all,

I was recently referred to this forum by a colleague. Our business has just won a new contract, which sees us recruit an additional team, and we require additional desks to house this team. This contract is short term however, so rather than purchase a new set of desks, I was wondering if anyone knew of any sources of free, or even second hand / reclaimed desks. No idea where to start, anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

Posted: May 1, 2014 By: Stu33 Member since: May 1, 2014
  2. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Legend Full Member

9,967 4,054
    We have just got rid of a whole pile of perfectly serviceable furniture and office stuff on Gumtree at about £10 each and a perfectly functioning deep freeze at £20. I suggest you look there!

Posted: May 1, 2014 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  3. Berry220

Berry220 UKBF Contributor Free Member

38 3
    Check out freecycle uk , its normal homeowners with stuff they just want rid of. It may not be matching, but there is always computer desks etc that appear on it, and you can search by town, so you can pick who ever lives closest to your business presmises. The idea behind it is to stop unwanted larger items going to landfill. There's quite a few similar sites like this out there too.

Posted: May 1, 2014 By: Berry220 Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  4. cartridgesave.co.uk

cartridgesave.co.uk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 0
    Same as above, we have found eBay and Freecycle to be extremely useful in the past. What's more, office furniture tends to be sold in bulk when upgrading etc

Posted: May 15, 2014 By: cartridgesave.co.uk Member since: May 14, 2014
  5. northeast

northeast UKBF Contributor Free Member

47 2
    How about trying warp-it (waste and recycling project) it is national but there are local members who donate such as universities and councils.

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 By: northeast Member since: Sep 3, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.