EU IOSS Signup

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Graham Wharton, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Melody Lewis

Melody Lewis UKBF Newcomer

4 0
    Im woocommerce too so would be no good then

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 By: Melody Lewis Member since: Jul 14, 2021
  2. schmexit

schmexit UKBF Contributor

101 17
    No, I have not tried it yet. They've been helpful via email, so contact them and ask re: Woocommerce.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 By: schmexit Member since: May 7, 2021
  3. TKJ-London

TKJ-London UKBF Newcomer

7 6
    Thanks, I did speak with them a while back and they were helpful but are waiting on Woocommerce to do the plugin development for integration.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 By: TKJ-London Member since: May 20, 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. NWH

NWH UKBF Newcomer

23 9
    My sales to Germany are now going through via eBay without a problem (IOSS paid via eBay and through my own Click & Collect account). All international sales outside of the EU are going direct from my own web site without difficulty. That includes Switzerlasnd, Australia, New Zealand, Napal, USA and Canada.

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 By: NWH Member since: Jun 29, 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. schmexit

101 17
    That's good to know! Anything to think about when setting this up on eBay?

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 By: schmexit Member since: May 7, 2021
  6. NWH

NWH UKBF Newcomer

23 9

There are no special rules apart from, I name the EU countries in the postal set up. Europe, European Union, Ireland, Germany, France, Greece, Italy, Spain, Asia, Japan, Australia, Russian Federation.

My product has a unit cost of £23.99.

I subsidise the postal charge to EU ( I charge £6.95 for Royal Mail Tracked International.) and offer a discount on two or more. Buy 2 get 5% off, Buy 3 get 10% off, Buy 4 get 15% off. As I charge £6.95 regardless of where the order is sent, I take a bigger hit for countries further away. I do this as I am building sales to AUS and NZ.

So, a typical Invoice to Germany for two items would be, 2 X widgets, say £47.90, includes eBay added VAT rate at 7%. Subtotal: £47.98 Plus Postage (subsidised by my company, circa £2.00) £6.95 plus VAT (eBay collected) £3.69. Less Discount -£2.40. Total Charge to Customer £56.22

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. schmexit

101 17
    That seems like a good solution. Thank you so much for letting us know!

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 By: schmexit Member since: May 7, 2021
  8. NWH

NWH UKBF Newcomer

23 9

…the negative is of course the fact that you may not pick up VAT partner costs in the EU to administer IOSS but sales from EU customers are going via eBay and I am feathering their nest and not my own web site. As the product I sell is always the same I am thinking of investigating using ‘agents’ or ‘associates’ in the EU countries where my sales are strongest. Germany and Italy in my case. By ‘agent’ I mean, switched on individuals who want to make an extra Euro or two from home to end user selling. I need to understand how the mechanics of this would work bearing in mind the EU VAT shadow.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Jessica20243

Jessica20243 UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    Has anyone had issues with customs charging the customers additional VAT when the VAT had already been paid?
    We've been using IOSS successfully for weeks but now we are getting lots of problems with EU customs..

We've double checked everything but can't figure it out, you clearly see the VAT paid on invoices so... And it's not custom duties either since the order doesn't exceed 150euros.

Has anyone else been having problems?

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 10:00 AM By: Jessica20243 Member since: Oct 19, 2021
  10. schmexit

101 17
    A further, noncommital response from the Treasury via my MP:

________

The Government fully recognises the impact on businesses of the issue of
    fiscal representatives in relation to the EU Import One Stop Shop (IOSS)
    scheme. It is actively seeking the EU’s agreement that the condition should
    not apply to the UK. This is based on the terms of the ‘Protocol on
    Administrative Cooperation and Combatting Fraud in the Field of Value Added
    Tax and on Mutual Assistance for the Recovery of Claims relating to Taxes in
    Duties’, which is included within the Trade and Cooperation Agreement. The
    UK continues to push the EU Commission to reach such an agreement with the
    UK to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 4:00 PM By: schmexit Member since: May 7, 2021