EU IOSS Signup

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Graham Wharton, Apr 20, 2021.

1. whatsoccurring

whatsoccurring UKBF Newcomer

22 4
    Apologies for the delayed reply. What they've told me on email (the website is woefully short on info), is that it's 1 Euro an item, 20 Euros a month, 3 months minimum term.

Yes, I think that process you mention is spot on. You have to upload daily in order to take care of the customs clearance side of things.

So far (because I switched off our Shopify site for EU sales) we're just handling Amazon sales right now. Seems to be working fine through click and drop, but NO IDEA what to do in the instance of a resend or a return. This is the kind of roll-out where if it was a business requiring it, you'd expect it to have been postponed by now. Of course, this won't be postponed, so we have so much fun to look forward to between now and the end of the holiday period.

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 By: whatsoccurring Member since: Jan 4, 2010
  2. Morning

Morning UKBF Regular

80 38
    Crossborderit is an intermediary service, so each of their clients gets their own unique IOSS number. It's just a very cheap intermediary, with a shonky website that gives very bad advice, though that's corrected in their terms and conditions pdf.

RM DPPD is not an IOSS service - items sent by DPPD do not use an IOSS number.

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 By: Morning Member since: May 14, 2021
  3. whatsoccurring

22 4
    I'd love to use RM DPPD, it just seems like we'll be waiting forever for it to be rolled out, and in the meantime, I'm hemorrhaging sales. My thinking is it's better to use Crossborderit now [totally agree their website is not fit for purpose for prospective customers] and then jump to RM DPPD (or HMRC IOSS, if they've pulled their finger out) later this year once there's a reliable alternative that supports most/all EU countries.

RM DPPD also won't provide me a solution for DHL deliveries, so perhaps I would hold onto CrossborderIt for the few EU deliveries I send via DHL, as the DHL fees are meant to be high.

Edit: just remembered Shopify might now allow me to do such an elaborate arrangement. With Shopify (if any of you here are using it), it seems once you change your settings to providing an IOSS number, you can never revert back.

It's this mess of a situation that is the reason I haven't proceeded with anything yet. Just waiting for the dust to clear. 12 days into the new rules and the sand storm hasn't left yet..

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    Posted: Jul 12, 2021 By: whatsoccurring Member since: Jan 4, 2010
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. whatsoccurring

22 4
    Quick update:

Our RM account manager has advised that my fears were correct, I didn't misinterpret their website: all PDDP items are being charged package rates. Large Letter isn't supported yet.

If anyone can get out of them when they might be supporting Large Letter, do share.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 By: whatsoccurring Member since: Jan 4, 2010
  5. NWH

NWH UKBF Newcomer

17 4
    The RM approved, Taxamo Assure service still only talks about parcels. Does anyone know if they or similar services are handling Large Letters? I only send Large Letters 60 to 300 grms.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 By: NWH Member since: Jun 29, 2021
  6. Morning

Morning UKBF Regular

80 38
    Royal Mail Click and Drop support assured me that IOSS packages can be sent as Large Letters.

Edit: Though that's pay as you go C&D. No idea what OBA C&D is doing.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Posted: Jul 13, 2021 By: Morning Member since: May 14, 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Kate881

Kate881 UKBF Newcomer

10 0
    100g Large Letter via RM site, not logged in, just as a consumer allows me to enter my own IOSS & £3 for Economy non-tracked hope that helps!

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 By: Kate881 Member since: Nov 27, 2018
  8. whatsoccurring

22 4
    Thanks Kate, yeah I think IOSS seems to be the only answer at this time for businesses with any relevant proportion of Large Letter deliveries.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 By: whatsoccurring Member since: Jan 4, 2010
  9. LHow

LHow UKBF Newcomer

17 6
    Newcomer here, thanks for everyone's input on the issues of IOSS, Royal Mail DDP, etc, it's good to have found some straightforward information.
    Regarding Shopwired's issue with Taxamo integration, it's outside my understanding & I don't know if it will help but I came across the following Taxamo test code - I can't post the full link but its at https github dot com/mdodesign/taxamo perhaps you can pass it onto Shopwired?
    Also, for anyone using Open Cart, Google "opencartx taxamo integration".
    At least Shopwired have the VAT set up, my ecommerce platform isn't even ready yet!

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 By: LHow Member since: Jul 13, 2021
  10. JPMiddleton

JPMiddleton Contributor

323 64
    Posted: Jul 14, 2021 By: JPMiddleton Member since: Aug 18, 2011
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Melody Lewis

Melody Lewis UKBF Newcomer

2 0
    Hi
    I am researching this for the company I work for.
    I have read the 19 pages of the thread, but am not sure this has been clarified?
    The PDDP service from RM - this is the most attractive option at the moment, although the list of countries is low.
    As it is not IOSS based - do we charge the customer selling price and separate VAT charge (later paid to RM). Or do we have to increase the retail price and sell zero VAT?
    Then how is it all shown on the commercial invoice we now have to attach?
    Thanks

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 By: Melody Lewis Member since: Jul 14, 2021
  12. JPMiddleton

JPMiddleton Contributor

323 64
    Duty Pre Paid (no idea why RM are calling it PDDP instead of DDP) of any sort, with any courier should be handled the same. Similar to what you'd do for a UK sale.

Product Total £100
    Delivery £10
    VAT 20% (France, for example) £22

If you do not split it properly and show it like this your total will be £132 and you will actually pay £26.40 and lose £4.40 in the process.

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 By: JPMiddleton Member since: Aug 18, 2011
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  13. Melody Lewis

Melody Lewis UKBF Newcomer

2 0
    Many thanks for confirming :)

Posted: Jul 14, 2021 By: Melody Lewis Member since: Jul 14, 2021
  14. schmexit

schmexit UKBF Contributor

96 15
    So what do we know now? Is there a way to sign up for IOSS without a fiscal representative?

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 By: schmexit Member since: May 7, 2021
  15. Morning

Morning UKBF Regular

80 38
    No. HMRC still mention a UK portal for IOSS registration, but what form that will take and when it will appear is unknown.

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 By: Morning Member since: May 14, 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. schmexit

schmexit UKBF Contributor

96 15
    Thanks! Oh, HMRC. What a mess.

Posted: Jul 16, 2021 By: schmexit Member since: May 7, 2021
  17. LHow

LHow UKBF Newcomer

17 6
    If anyone has signed up for IOSS , you have to tell the HMRC :
    "If you sell low value goods in consignments not exceeding £135 in value into Northern Ireland and are registered for the VAT Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) in the EU, you must tell HMRC your IOSS registration number."

Sorry, I can't post the link, but search "GOV UK Guidance Tell HMRC you're registered for VAT Import One Stop Shop"

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 By: LHow Member since: Jul 13, 2021
  18. RBH

RBH UKBF Newcomer

18 0
    Customer support is utter %^£$, getting a straight answer from them is like getting a straight answer from HMRC, but it seems that the Royal Mail PDDP option is only available to businesses with a "postal account". This account type is only viable for companies that send 20+ pieces a week, so once again, small and hobby interest businesses either go to the wall or have to channel their sales through large corporations which cream off the profits for doing nothing. You couldn't make it up.

If it's any consolation, though, I sell through Discogs as well as my own site, and they are based in Netherlands. They are deducting tax for UK-EU sales but cannot provide an IOSS number because they have not yet received it from the Dutch tax authority. I have no printable words.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 By: RBH Member since: Jul 4, 2021
  19. Graham Wharton

Graham Wharton UKBF Contributor

50 25
    Just to let people know, I import orders into my store from Magento. If I put an IOSS number in the trading names section in C&D, it is not included with the customs electronic information (or the CN22) as I have started to receive refused parcels back from the EU where they have been billed for VAT.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 By: Graham Wharton Member since: Apr 20, 2021
  20. RBH

RBH UKBF Newcomer

18 0
    I set up a trading name with the Amazon IOSS ID on C&D and made very sure the IOSS number was printed on the CN22. Check your set up, it definitely did work for mine.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 By: RBH Member since: Jul 4, 2021