Employment Law Or Health & Safety Questions

Discussion in 'Yorkshire & Humberside' started by Anon2734, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon2734

Anon2734 UKBF Contributor Free Member

31 0
    Are you linked to this tribunal Karl?

Posted: May 6, 2017 By: Anon2734 Member since: May 5, 2017
  2. Employment Law Clinic

Employment Law Clinic UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

3,158 1,488
    I would make a further concession: I’m perhaps not as good at numbers as Diane Abbott (she’s the shadow Countdown presenter, and I think she might also hold some title related to shadowing the Home Secretary). But…

<edited by moderator>

allowing for my maths not being strong, don’t these figures come close to £30,000?

And £30.000 times three…

… 3 times your contractual costs for fact would mean a solicitor would charge £90,000. To draw up legal documents for a small employer.

Really? You’re entering the surreal now.

Karl Limpert

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2017
    Posted: May 6, 2017 By: Employment Law Clinic Member since: Aug 10, 2009
  3. Anon2734

31 0
    Karl I would ask the client what services they are getting for that?
    I will still guarantee that at prices such as £300 for a legal letter our services are a minimum three times cheaper.
    And again you appear to wish to discredit my company and promote the employment law clinic.
    Its not sound business operating that way karl?
    Can I also ask have you consulted people you are posting statements from in legal terms.
    Disclosure is an offence.
    I sign a non disclosure agreement for advice myself karl as does every other company.
    I feel you need to grow up and stop posting its my thread designed to aid businesses with problems.
    Not people with ulterior motives.

Posted: May 7, 2017 By: Anon2734 Member since: May 5, 2017
  4. Employment Law Clinic

3,158 1,488
    If you look here. that would be me appearing for the respondent. I took on the case after a "top employment law" company's sales team suggested they could defend the case, and then, once the ink was dry, changing their view, and instead suggesting settling for £14k, assessing that the chance of even defending the dismissal was less than 20%.

(And the fees I charged were not five figures, including all costs - or disbursements for those that care to conceal these extra charges.)

Karl Limpert

Posted: May 7, 2017 By: Employment Law Clinic Member since: Aug 10, 2009
  5. Anon2734

31 0
    Yes but karl you take on a individual case ,one which you represent a client.
    The client loses pays your fees legal costs of the other party and the award.
    They then have nothing moving forward.
    We cover over a 3 or 5 year term no legal costs for tribunal insured against losses full representation at every stage.
    We also go into the company overhaul and update all contracts and handbooks aiding in putting compliant policies in place.
    They then have ongoing updates with changes in legislation and case law.
    Access to hr management systems and 24 hour advice.
    If you had huge experience in tribunal by the way and knew a case was not going to win.
    It would be ethical to advise a client to settle.
    It would also be cost effective for the client.
    For you to take on a clients Case is in your interests as you earn a living that way lets not be fluffy about it.

6. Employment Law Clinic

3,158 1,488

That’s not what you’ve stated above.

I have no wish to discredit Peninsula, and I don’t believe I suggested otherwise. In fairness, I joined this thread by seeking advice from what was then an anonymous source. And if you had been able to assist me, as Cyndy did, I would have been grateful to you on behalf of Peninsula. Instead, you suggested it couldn’t be done. And then denied saying what your earlier posts contradict you on.

I thank you for the business operating advice, but as I never sought to discredit Peninsula, or to promote my company, but you seek to discredit me, I will leave others to form their own opinion.

I’m so sorry, I’ll grow up. It’s your thread, and I apologise for taking you up on the invitation to ask a genuine question on “your” thread.

Hope you excuse me if I don’t get back to you soon, I might be occupied getting my ball back.

Karl Limpert

7. Employment Law Clinic

3,158 1,488

I won't be fluffy about those statements & inferences!

Karl Limpert

8. Anon2734

31 0
    Karl repeating myself for the ninetieth time.
    I made no claim re annual salary being divided across a year its a basic contractual agreement.
    I advised addressing payroll in a alternative manner.
    This is owing to it looking from the outside in it could be deemed a way to exploit low pay legislation.
    Which I clearly explained giving an example of live cases where sleepovers were 10 hours and paid £30.
    The employees challenged it as below minimum wage.
    At no point did I make false or incorrect statements.
    You made reference to my company charging unnecessarily for services not needed.
    You also said we hold people in contracts even though they dont have businesses.
    You made reference to self employed people we dont work with them they dont have employees.
    You then made reference to not knowing the industry and now claim you represent somebody with a tribunal.
    You ask me a question posed as if you had an issue and then went on a endless rant.
    I feel if not trying to discredit you need to read this back,it would clearly say otherwise.
    You will also see you do not make sense in what you say.
    At several points you look to promote the employment law clinic including with cindy.
    And in actual fact her answer to you does not match your original question.
    Which was not made clear ,neither was the reason you asked.
    I also clearly asked for any businesses who may have problems.
    Not a very small consultancy trying to damage what will be a valuable resource.
    I wish you and cindy and your company well in your endeavours however I would advise you remain ethical.
    It will count for a lot.
    I also had to correct you on mentioning my company's reputation,
    Yet you werent looking to discredit?.
    It was the passage you chose not to highlight and make a derogatory remark about.
    98% of 35000 clients cant be wrong.
    For those reading if you have a genuine problem and are a business I will start a new thread.
    I am saddened by the idiocy of some people and have reffered this to the site moderators.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  9. Anon2734

31 0
    Karl you are a small business in tottenham london and its interesting your colleague cindy who also posted here.
    Helped resolve your issue.
    Im interested karl and cindy ..
    Why do you both work for a tottenham based small consultancy the employment law clinic.
    I like you will leave people to decide.

10. Anon2734

31 0
    Since you also have extensive knowledge of working time regulations please explain the relevance to what is a contractual and payroll question?
    It also centred around low payments currently under scrutiny heavily by the government.
    Along with the self employment regulations..reference to case law such as uber taxis.

11. Employment Law Clinic

3,158 1,488
    What? I asked about NMW regulations, specific regulations that I couldn’t think of.

Anything can be under scrutiny by the government (although I understood the scrutiny to be from parliament, but that doesn’t exist anymore, so there is no scrutiny).

I’m equally interested in these issues. When did Cyndy start working for the company, and what terms is she employed on? Most importantly, does Cyndy have an employment contract that cost £90,000 to issue?

I pleaded my ignorance to the question I raised before xxxxx even joined UKBF, but that post was all part of a conspiracy with someone I didn’t even know was employed by the company!

I’ve tried rational & reasonable debate, but I don’t think that’s possible with someone like xxxxx. I think a pen is protruding from the cranium, and rational discussion is probably not within their ability.

Karl Limpert

12. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

9,330 2,373
    Karl, I never knew you employed someone called cindy. Lucky she doesn't spell it Cyndy, as I do, or people might be confused. Although as I live and work in Gateshead, it's not very likely. I assume tottenham london is a place?

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Posted: May 7, 2017 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  13. Jeff FV

Jeff FV UKBF Big Shot Staff Member

3,471 1,626
    I think this thread has now run its course, and that there is little to be gained from it continuing.

@Employment Law Clinic and @Newchodge have built a solid reputation on the forums by regularly offering sound legal and HR advice.

I would encourage you to do the same - members often often post threads seeking advice in these areas and if you hang around and get involved I am sure that you too will soon be able to establish yourself as a credible and valuable source of advice. (Welcome to the forum, by the way!)

Posted: May 7, 2017 By: Jeff FV Member since: Jan 10, 2009
  14. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

9,330 2,373
    That's interesting. I never knew that self employed people don't have employees. I wonder why we have so many people lamenting the fact that they can't get out of 5 year contracts for employment law assistance, when their business has failed and they no longer employ staff?

I cannot imagine what I was thinking of last year when, as a self employed person, I employed a member of staff. Was I acting illegally? HMRC didn't seem to mind.

Posted: May 7, 2017 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  15. Anon2734

31 0
    Self employed people are sole traders karl
    Again a slant at my company over contract terms.
    Karl I have advised correctly throughout my conversation we are the largest el company in the uk.
    We dwarf your operations we have a world leading graduate program meaning many employment law experts train under us.
    We are the goto company by every leading news channel for el advice.
    You hilariously pitch up against us on contract terms.
    Your cheaper karl but work from a house.
    You offer nothing in comparison.
    You feel an agreed service should be given away by a company which is commercial suicide.
    As I said we are excellent at credit control and support companies in difficulty.
    You do not know a self employed person is a sole trader or worker.
    That is the correct legal term.
    You say you took a case on which somebody ethically advised to settle.
    I say ethically because they could have made money and cost the company more.
    On a case that they know from experience would more than likely fail.
    I call that a trustworthy organization whoever that was.
    Self employed is a worker or sole trader karl very basic legal terminology.
    A company or business would depict a commercial entity that employs.
    You also hilariously pitch a quote by us which is also illegal with a view to posotioning your own services.
    I am in sales karl as such I am first person a enquiry will come to ,I am also highly trained.
    I do not want to converse with you as a protracted argument would be unprofessional.
    You were advised correctly by me.
    In which case my reputation is fine ..i will not have my company slandered and will converse with them and take further action if necessary.
    That is the last you will hear from me.

16. paulears

paulears UKBF Big Shot Full Member

3,446 821
    Forgive me for jumping into an argument but self-employed sole traders are perfectly able to have employees? Load do - I've lost the plot here with everyone taking potshots at each other and waving willys around. No idea who are right, who are wrong, who is disadvantaged or who is disadvantaging others. what a mess.

Posted: May 7, 2017 By: paulears Member since: Jan 7, 2015
  17. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

28,902 8,540
    I dont know where you get you info but self employed can have employees.

Just one question, are you a legal representative? By that I mean do you have any legal qualifications?

Posted: May 7, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  18. billmccallum1957

billmccallum1957 UKBF Ace Full Member

1,827 391
    That's the best statement we've heard from you to date.

Posted: May 7, 2017 By: billmccallum1957 Member since: Feb 11, 2016
  19. AllUpHere

AllUpHere UKBF Ace Free Member

2,404 840
    Have you ever heard the expression 'when you have dug yourself into a hole, stop digging'?

With the best will in the world, you have shown yourself to lack basic understanding of employment law (with regards to sole traders), and clearly struggle with the basic skills required to promote a business on a forum.

I'm no employment law expert, but I am a marketing expert. My advice to Peninsula would be to have someone else posting on their behalf, because you clearly don't have the skills required and are doing more harm than good.

Having cheap digs (which are usually ill informed and inaccurate) at established members is clearly not going to end well.

Posted: May 7, 2017 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  20. UKSBD

UKSBD Not a real duck Staff Member

8,705 1,632
    I'm locking this thread temporarily until @Kat Haylock sees it and decides if it should continue.

Other moderators, feel fee to unlock if you think I am wrong to lock it.

Posted: May 7, 2017 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.