Employing in Philippines - I'll never hire in UK again.

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by JohnnyCash, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adventurelife

adventurelife UKBF Ace Full Member

2,040 620
    Sorry but that sound like BS what was the business called? I strongly suspect I have traveled to more countries and lived in more than most people .

I do agree it is not easy due UK business red tape but to suggest the quality of life is poor is just daft. Where are you living now? Work shy population? Yes some but far from all.

You seem to have an attitude of take take take. No feelings of give , contribute , help?

I am in business and I will make money but I also understand that it is not all about me do you?

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 By: adventurelife Member since: Dec 2, 2007
  2. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Guest

1,427 480
    Completely irrelevant.

See above. Does that fact you've maybe lived in more countries than me make my opinion of scotland (or anywhere else) less valid?

Right now I live in Czech Rep, I'm moving to Trieste, Italy later in the year. Its all down to personal opinion of course but for me, both are significantly better places to live than UK.

As long as the people directly working for me, my friends and my family have whatever they need - I couldn't care less about anyone else.

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 By: JohnnyCash Member since: Dec 8, 2010
  3. adventurelife

2,040 620
    Great attitude that:eek: You should learn to spend some time helping those much less able than you. You will find that it is very rewarding.

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 By: adventurelife Member since: Dec 2, 2007
  4. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend Free Member

29,807 6,643
    I take it you do not intend to be part of the big society.?;)

"As you sow so shall you reap":)

Earl

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  5. MASSEY

MASSEY UKBF Legend Full Member

10,328 1,783
    I think Johnny's attitude is a bit extreme towards this topic. But i do feel for those that get taxed to the hilt. Yes they can afford it but it's still unfair. I have spoken to quite a few who are well off and feel they owe the state nothing. They literally say to me "give them **** all". And i can see their point.

The Uk has always been expensive in comparison to others as far as taxation is concerned. And the government freely piss state money away on wars and waste.

It's a case of like it or lump it really. You dont like it your free to leave the country. But as johnny pointed out most small medium businesses won't leave so the government have everyone by the balls.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
    Posted: Apr 30, 2011 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  6. bdw

bdw Banned

6,568 1,269
    Yes I did, is that you giving it your best shot?

When I started out in self employment ten years ago I did not know s**t from shinola about business and I had to learn quickly as I had no income. I was misled into thinking that 1and1 was a British company because they billed themselves as the "UK's number one" and their advertising was designed to suggest that they were UK based. Perhaps it was negligent of me but I did not run company house checks on all services I bought. I assumed that they were a UK company and I would not have used them had I known.

Is that OK for you?

Posted: May 1, 2011 By: bdw Member since: Aug 13, 2008
  7. bdw

bdw Banned

6,568 1,269
    I am actually surprised that this comment was permitted because "racial or ethnically offensive" material is not allowed but there you go.

Actually I am glad that it was allowed because it lets everyone see how unsavoury a person "JohnnyCash" really is. Well perhaps not quite - like many people who are fond of shouting forum abuse he or she prefers to remain anonymous.

He or she is not missed.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  8. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy UKBF Legend Staff Member

20,430 7,048

The comment is an indication of the way he feels about the country he was born in, lived in and left. In fairness, I don't think it is possible to be racist to a country, or even a race, if you are part of that race :)

Posted: May 1, 2011 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
  9. bdw

bdw Banned

6,568 1,269
    I think you will find that are very wrong and you need to check your definitions.

A coloured person who refuses to employ blacks is no less racist than a white person.

10. Podge

Podge UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,154 367
    Posted: May 1, 2011 By: Podge Member since: Jan 13, 2011
  11. sirearl

29,807 6,643
    Posted: May 1, 2011 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  12. adventurelife

2,040 620
    Agree but they are going through what we did over a period of a hundred years except they and other countries like them are moving at a much faster pace and having to learn much faster than we did when we went through our industrial development period.

They will learn as we did, I suspect they will learn much faster. A huge booming middle class in being created and there is nothing we can do about it. I depart for China in 2 weeks time, agree with globalization or disagree with it change is coming and coming fast. Only way I know how to deal with it is first to understand it and then get involved in it.

Posted: May 1, 2011 By: adventurelife Member since: Dec 2, 2007
  13. bdw

bdw Banned

6,568 1,269
    Precisely and that is only about those that are depressed with their working conditions and long hours. We also have situations like what happened in the Union Carbide plant in India (more than 10,000 people dead) and many other instances that suggest that those who are doing the outsourcing really "care" for their employees.

Much faster? The Union Carbide disaster happened more than 25 years ago. Do you think there is any evidence to suggest that employers are any more caring nowadays?

14. MASSEY

10,328 1,783
    It still inspires racial tension though...

Posted: May 1, 2011 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  15. sirearl

29,807 6,643
    Yep you gotta give it to corporate human nature left to its own devices.:)

"Union Carbide has, on its own admission, spent well over $50 million on legal fees so far, a sum that is larger than the money expended by the company on compensating the victims."

Earl

16. MASSEY

10,328 1,783
    You old timers love a moan.

Posted: May 1, 2011 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  17. Dawg

Dawg UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10,900 3,466
    Where is that from?
    Wiki has:
    Eventually, in an out-of-court settlement reached in 1989, Union Carbide agreed to pay US$ 470 million for damages caused in the Bhopal disaster,

Posted: May 1, 2011 By: Dawg Member since: Feb 12, 2006
  18. sirearl

29,807 6,643
    If it were not for the moaners.

You would probably be living in a mud hut in Sherwood forest.:rolleyes:

Earl

19. adventurelife

2,040 620
    Yes I do

In the developed countries such as ours I would say all employers are doing a much better job than 50 years ago and a hugely better job than 100 years ago.

In the developing nations employers are doing a much better job that 25 years ago but yes many of them do have a long way to go but development does not work instantly it is a process.

Example in Morocco where I have interests employees now get a form of national health. When I first went there in 1984 that did not happen. Huge amounts now go to university again twenty odd years ago very few did.

Things change for the better on the whole when countries develop.

Posted: May 1, 2011 By: adventurelife Member since: Dec 2, 2007
  20. Podge

Podge UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,154 367
    And of course this has nothing to do with the heavy hand of government stopping employers from exploiting their workforce. Also to do away with the nmw as a lot of businesses on here would like would clearly improve the lot of most workers.
    Businesses getting more caring about it's employee's, don't make me laugh.

Posted: May 1, 2011 By: Podge Member since: Jan 13, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.