Employing in Philippines - I'll never hire in UK again.

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by JohnnyCash, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawg

Dawg UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10,900 3,466
    But Earl, don't you bang on about how we are so rich compared to the Third World, and how we should help the very poor peoiple there?
    What better way than to help them on the way to prosperity by employing them?

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 By: Dawg Member since: Feb 12, 2006
  2. DeanCo

DeanCo UKBF Newcomer Free Member

460 105
    I could not agree more with everything said. What an outstanding post.

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 By: DeanCo Member since: Feb 19, 2011
  3. bdw

bdw Banned

6,568 1,269
    You may see an outstanding post. Sorry, all I see is just a list of bitter generalisations - a cliched rant that makes me shake my head in despair. :(

Posted: Apr 28, 2011 By: bdw Member since: Aug 13, 2008
  4. workingnomad

workingnomad UKBF Newcomer Free Member

59 5
    I agree, an outstanding post, not bitter or cliched, just telling it how it is.

Posted: Apr 28, 2011 By: workingnomad Member since: Feb 28, 2009
  5. bdw

bdw Banned

6,568 1,269
    I cannot understand why anyone who thinks they owe the taxman nothing and who has such a low opinion of their fellow countrymen does not move to one of these promised lands themselves. I am sure you would love it. :rolleyes:

Why would you want to continue to live in a country with a population of lazy, uneducated good for nothings when you could be over there on your philanthropic missions to help the inhabitants? :p

Posted: Apr 28, 2011 By: bdw Member since: Aug 13, 2008
  6. gmoto

gmoto UKBF Newcomer Free Member

150 20
    Given the choice, would quite like too actually.
    Unfortunately I'll have to make my new business in the UK a fair bit more successful before I could manage that.

My parents did VSO before I was born. They were assigned to be teachers and this gave them a love for the vocation which they seen lost when they came back to the UK.
    The kids they were teaching really WANTED to learn and WANTED to work the hardest they could, because they were in a privileged position which would allow they to make real progress for themselves and their family.
    While in the UK you find kids who PLAN to be on the dole, because it's doing just fine for their parents.

Posted: Apr 29, 2011 By: gmoto Member since: Jan 14, 2011
  7. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy UKBF Legend Staff Member

20,433 7,050

because until 14 months ago I had a mother in law dying of dementia, and oddly enough my wife kinda wanted to be close to her.

We also have an 11 year old daughter who again oddly enough, we believe we owe some stability to and that she should have her formative years and education not shattered becauuse of selfish acts by her parents.

It is easy to engage mouth before operating brain, and I agree that in theoery what you say is good, but taken to extreme, I bet you have a load of foreign made goods in your house, why not dump them and get Blighty built? Or alternatively go and live with the people who made them :p

I am pulling your tail here but the solution is somewhere between your position and the position of the OP.

HOW can it be right for benefit claimants to get £600 a week cash? and no council tax, no rent etc.

Posted: Apr 29, 2011 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
  8. bdw

bdw Banned

6,568 1,269
    No actually what you want for your eleven year old is a decent British education in a British school. But then when you think about maybe that is where all of these Brits learn to be lazy, good for nothing benefit claimants? Maybe if she was educated in the Philippines she would learn to be one of these better people?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
    Posted: Apr 29, 2011 By: bdw Member since: Aug 13, 2008
  9. gmoto

gmoto UKBF Newcomer Free Member

150 20
    If I had kids I'd worry about them being taught in British schools. I wouldn't consider you really get a 'decent education' from them - more due to the attitudes of much of the other students, than the teaching it's self.
    I think I'd prefer to live in a country with lower cost of living where I could afford to (no doubt would have to) send them to a decent 'ex-pay' private school.
    Also gives them a good perspective on the world to my mind.

Posted: Apr 29, 2011 By: gmoto Member since: Jan 14, 2011
  10. Dawg

10,900 3,466
    Consider yourself corrected Old Welsh Guy. What you actually want and what you say you want seem not to be the same.
    Thank goodness help is at hand.....

Posted: Apr 29, 2011 By: Dawg Member since: Feb 12, 2006
  11. bdw

bdw Banned

6,568 1,269
    Yaaaaaawwwwwn!

12. Dawg

10,900 3,466
    Childish response. Will I get a 'wha'eva' next?

It is a valid point: what makes you think that you know what someone else actually wants for their child, especially as they have just said something different? It's just you know better, is it?

Just asking..

Posted: Apr 29, 2011 By: Dawg Member since: Feb 12, 2006
  13. bdw

bdw Banned

6,568 1,269
    Whatever!

Buy BDWs chewy websites - with added catnip!

14. MASSEY

MASSEY UKBF Legend Full Member

10,328 1,783
    Sorry BDW but i recall you had quite a few websites hosted with a "GERMAN" company.

So you feel as though giving your money to a country that has the best economy in Europe is a good idea?

Whats wrong with British hosts, they all do the same thing?

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  15. adventurelife

adventurelife UKBF Ace Full Member

2,040 620
    BDW

I am local to you less than 1 hours drive I come from very similar backgrounds. Wake up it is a global world and economy. If you agree with it or not it is irrelevant because it is fact and no matter if we agree or disagree that is not going change anything.

The only way Scotland or the UK is going to have a chance is by adapting to the global situations and making sure we are up there with the best.

The past is the past and it is not coming back. You may be able to survive as a 1 man show but some of us are trying to build something bigger and employee people , something you are keen on.

Opinions are just opinions but reality is much much harder.

Happy to go for a beer and talk crap.

Regards

Peter

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 By: adventurelife Member since: Dec 2, 2007
  16. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Guest

1,427 480
    Don't see that happening any time soon... Scotland has zero to offer potential employers working on a global scale. Its a toilet of a country.

Posted: Apr 30, 2011 By: JohnnyCash Member since: Dec 8, 2010
  17. adventurelife

2,040 620
    Totally stupid comment that adds zero to the conversation and does you no credit.

Have you ran a business in Scotland? I would guess not but I will not make assumptions but your comment could make me make a few :eek:

18. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Guest

1,427 480
    Yes I have, until I seen sense and took it elsewhere. Nothing like getting 200 applicants from the job center, and about 190 of them blatantly just trying to tick a box of "looking for employment".

19. adventurelife

2,040 620
    Speak more

What business, give us a name , how did it go? Obviously not to well as you hoped, have you got out?

I have been in over 100 countries and never found one to be what i would class as a toilet so it is an interesting phrase from someone running a business.

20. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Guest

1,427 480

I was born in Scotland, grew up there and lived there for 20 years.

The business itself was going fine, but the quality of life in scotland is relatively poor in comparison to hundreds of alternatives... the business was web based so there was n real reason to stay.

Bad weather, poor lifestyle quality, high tax, constant red tape in business, and a work shy population. Combine all of those and I'll go elsewhere, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.