Elevator Digital SEO Website

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by DizzyRum, Sep 7, 2017.

1. DizzyRum

DizzyRum UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 1
    Hi Everyone

For over 10 years we have only offered 1-2-1 consultative SEO through our company Total SEO & Marketing Ltd, however, we have found a lot of people want to do SEO themselves, or they don't have the budget for the hands on SEO service we offer.

To meet the demand of these people, we have just launched our low cost DIY Online SEO product elevator-digital.co.uk - it took a long time to develop!

I would welcome any honest feedback on the site and user experience and any comments about what we could do better or differently.

Especially keen to hear what people think about the backend dashboard and tools, if you do want to sign up to have a look at this, please use promo code TOTALSEO and you will get 3 months free use.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Simon

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 By: DizzyRum Member since: Sep 6, 2017
  2. NickGrogan

NickGrogan UKBF Ace Free Member

2,098 483
    Very slow site and misleading. Your terms and conditions don't match your claims regarding cancellation, no contract, etc, etc - perhaps you've copied them from your other website?

Didn't signup as this requires payment info, perhaps post a direct line or dummy account if you want people to look.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012
  3. DizzyRum

DizzyRum UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 1
    Hi Nick, thanks for this, I think you are right about the T&Cs (I will get onto that) we are also working on the load speeds.

I would like to think that the home page and the page with details of the packages is quite clear on what the product offering is, I hope you didn't think that was misleading and were referring to the T&Cs in this regard?

Simon

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 By: DizzyRum Member since: Sep 6, 2017
  4. UKSBD

UKSBD Not a real duck Staff Member

9,308 1,740
    It doesn't say that, or give that impression anywhere on the site, it just looks like a SEO service.

It says no contact but terms imply different.

Is it £29 for a month or £29 monthly?

Having to keep a PayPal account registered cries out scam as people would set it up not realizing the money is being taken out every month (a lot wouldn't know how to cancel this sort of set up)

The impression I get is that it is devised to trick people in to signing up and make cancelling hard

Regarding the site itself

It initially froze my browser, it is slow and jerky, the about page doesn't say what I want an about page to say, what do I actually get from it as the list of things doesn't tell me how I get them - is their an admin panel, do you send reports, do you have the tools or provide links to them it's all very vague.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  5. UKSBD

UKSBD Not a real duck Staff Member

9,308 1,740
    I think the whole packages and services are very misleading almost to the degree of being deliberately so.

It cries out scam at the moment

You need to explain far more clearly just what the services are and what they are signing up to,
    if it is just paying £29 for one month make it clearer.
    If it isn't, don't make people think it is

Which is it out of interest?
    The fact I even have to ask that is worrying

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  6. NickGrogan

NickGrogan UKBF Ace Free Member

2,098 483
    Its looks and reads like a service or a software page. If it's a DIY service why would I pay more for more sites? I'm the one doing the work.

If its a service, then I'd expect to pay more.

DIY doesn't appear on your homepage or products page

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012
  7. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,926 9,061
    No it's not. It looks like I pay you monthly to do some directory submissions and I get some reports.

But to even discover this I had to go hunting. The homepage is, as already mentioned, lacking in useful info. And the cost makes it look like one of those dodgy cheap SEO scams. Especially as the FAQ says it can take 6-9 months and even then not even work.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  8. adzeds

adzeds UKBF Contributor Free Member

40 9
    Agree with the comments so far, you really need to add more content to the homepage to make it 100% clear on what you are offering.

May also be worth getting a good copywriter involved to optimise it for you

Posted: Oct 6, 2017 By: adzeds Member since: Apr 13, 2012