Effect on Google ranking of free and paid for Google search

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by Justin Smith, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Justin Smith

Justin Smith UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

575 59
    I have Google Custom Search on my site (info on / selling aerials, poles, brackets, and clamps), it`s always been the free version, i.e. the one where sponsored adverts come up at the top of the listing. It`s been like that for years but just recently it has begun to concern me how many sales we could be losing with all these adverts for competitors products coming up on the search window. At first I wondered how much it`d cost to get the paid for version without the adverts, though finding that out isn`t actually easy, more and more companies don`t have phone numbers these days.....

But, possibly more importantly, it also occurred to me that the fact Google can put their adverts on their search results off your site might improve your site`s ranking, is there any evidence for this theory ?

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 By: Justin Smith Member since: Jun 6, 2012
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,926 9,061
    No. It doesn't work like that. Google makes money from adverts. All your search box does is make more money for Google. There are zero benefits for your site. In fact using the Google Custom Search box makes you look like a DIY homemade site rather than the professional business you want to be.

But as has been advised numerous times, the sooner you bite the bullet and switch to a modern CMS all your problems will be overcome.

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. Gholbigas

Gholbigas UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Better switch to something like WordPress or OpenCart even or something SEO friendly close to that. How do you really want people use that custom search ? Stop using google custom search, better try to invest in the Google Adwords as well;)

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 By: Gholbigas Member since: Mar 21, 2019
  4. nexuser

nexuser UKBF Contributor Free Member

37 5
    See the Custom Search JSON API. 100 req/day are free.

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 By: nexuser Member since: Aug 11, 2019
  5. upwritelyrob

upwritelyrob UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 2
    Which content management system do you use at the moment? If it's not Wordpress, that's the one I recommend. It offers a non-Google search feature out of the box, regardless of the theme you use, and it's infinitely customisable too.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 By: upwritelyrob Member since: Jul 22, 2019
  6. StevePoster

StevePoster UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

991 141
    Is there anyone noticed from June 2019 for the search clicks in paid and organic? My data clicks was down by 0% from June 1 to 15, 2019. The paid clicks has a massive decreased in organic listings.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 By: StevePoster Member since: Nov 29, 2013
  7. onebasemedia

onebasemedia UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 3
    If your website ranked on the top result in SERP it will help you to drill more traffic on your website.
    More traffic means more leads and conversion.

If we using a Google Adwords and paid search ads it will be showing on the top of the SERP page but there is also competition, how much you bid for that particular keyword but user or visitors 1st click on the organic keywords.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 By: onebasemedia Member since: Sep 12, 2018