Eden pleasure

Discussion in 'North West' started by D.G Holdings and Procurement, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.G Holdings and Procurement

D.G Holdings and Procurement UKBF Newcomer Free Member

56 3
    Hi all,

Just letting everyone know that we are up and running and based in the north west.

We specialize in adult fancy dress, adult entertainment and also organize adult themed parties to cater to almost any request.

Regards

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
  2. SparkMediaIndustries

SparkMediaIndustries UKBF Newcomer Free Member

424 47
    Welcome to UKBF :) I run a small entertainment company hen and stag nights etc, just some pointers, get a professional looking website please. with me running a small entertainment company for hen and stag nights I buy alot of things per clients request... I wouldn't even attempt on yours.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
    Posted: Jul 7, 2011 By: SparkMediaIndustries Member since: May 11, 2011
  3. D.G Holdings and Procurement

56 3
    Hi,

We have just redesigned the website to make it look tidied and more professional. Pleas have a look and let me know what you think.

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
  4. SparkMediaIndustries

424 47

I should have been more open on that... What I mean is for people that are in the one of the same industries would purchase X amount of goods from something similar but the design of the website looks like its been done in frontpage, the background is rubbish, also as far as I no you are suppose to have an age verification system on something like websites like these.

With your company being a e-commerce have you thought about using a free open source shopping cart such as Ohttp://www.prestashop.com/ or http://www.opencart.com/ would make your website alot more professional

but the prices and products are great and priced good.

5. MASSEY

MASSEY UKBF Legend Full Member

10,328 1,783
    1996 has called asking for their website back :D

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  6. SparkMediaIndustries

424 47
    Behave please MASSEY :D

7. D.G Holdings and Procurement

56 3
    The front page now contains a disclaimer of "strictly over 18's and by entering you confirm your age"

I appreciate the background may not be to everyone's taste but it's a simple layout and @ massey - i like retro looks lol.

The program i have used is pagebreeze as this is the easiest system i have used for me to design and build.

I appreciate all the input

8. SparkMediaIndustries

424 47
    No worries if you hit any brick walls then I am on stand by as I might purchase some toys purely for quality and that haha (sorry if i get a warning for that comment)

9. D.G Holdings and Procurement

56 3
    Well if you do decide then I will be able to sort out some sort of deal I'm sure:D

10. essex_wiganer

essex_wiganer UKBF Newcomer Free Member

21 4
    Why not consider a wordpress design. Host the page yourself to give you freedom to choose any template that you want and create a wordpress page. This way you have the ability to blog about products whilst having a professional looking (content managed) website.

To easily install wordpress host it on 123reg

Posted: Jul 11, 2011 By: essex_wiganer Member since: Jun 21, 2011
  11. socialmediaworks

socialmediaworks UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 0
    Hi Eden Pleasure...

We, too are a new Start-up based in Rochdale, North West !!!

Hope all goes well for you !

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 By: socialmediaworks Member since: Jul 12, 2011
  12. papverpoppies

papverpoppies UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6,713 2,214
    To me, the website looks cheap and not very engaging - I think you need to re-think the design and layout - again - sorry:(

If, I was looking to buy what you sell, I probably would move onto another site/seller.

It does not look professional, especially when you compare it to the really sleek and glitzy sites that are out there.

Pops ~xx~

Posted: Jul 13, 2011 By: papverpoppies Member since: Apr 8, 2009
  13. D.G Holdings and Procurement

56 3
    I totally appreciate your sentiment, if i were to look into a new design i would want to do it myself to try and reduce costs. Would an opencart design be more customer friendly?

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
  14. Esk247

Esk247 UKBF Legend Free Member

7,758 1,514
    Open cart, prestashop, magento etc are all ecommerce websites with downloadable 'themes' so you can have a unique looking website that has a great back office and stock control system.

Have a look at those packages as they will be far better on the design front and on the technical side too (online payments etc).

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 By: Esk247 Member since: Oct 6, 2008
  15. Montaigne

Montaigne UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,061 312
    Dead link for your website, Eden?

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 By: Montaigne Member since: Jul 9, 2011
  16. D.G Holdings and Procurement

56 3
    I have just checked and it is working for me

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
  17. Esk247

Esk247 UKBF Legend Free Member

7,758 1,514
    Doesn't seem to be working for me either :eek:

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 By: Esk247 Member since: Oct 6, 2008
  18. Montaigne

1,061 312
    Nope, still a dead link.

Is it still the same address as in your signature?

Posted: Jul 15, 2011 By: Montaigne Member since: Jul 9, 2011
  19. D.G Holdings and Procurement

56 3
    It will now be dead as i am having the website redone by SparkMediaIndustries.

After all the feedback we have made the decision to try and make it more modern and more consumer friendly.

Thanks

Posted: Jul 16, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
  20. Montaigne

1,061 312
    Even though the site is dead you should still have some form of information on the holding page for prospective customers. At present if a prospective customer goes to that page it's just a dead link. Have at the very least an email or a telephone number on it and your company name otherwise you could just needlessly lose custom.

Posted: Jul 16, 2011 By: Montaigne Member since: Jul 9, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.