Ecommerce Awards

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by SillyJokes, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha

Alpha UKBF Newcomer Full Member

4,130 518
    I would also like to add my congratulations to the two of you and good luck in the finals!!!

Richard

Just can't wait to see your next (ad)venture.

Posted: Sep 20, 2004 By: Alpha Member since: Feb 16, 2004
  2. Ozzy

Ozzy Quite simply, me. Full Member - Verified Business

3,401 157
    Thanks Stuart for the feedback.
    For everyone else, its just a face lift to the current Quick Formations website but I have to wait till no-one is using the site to make it live ... which is difficult because the double edged sward is that the website is never quiet :-\ (looks like a 3am on Sunday night job).

Well my press release is currently being fired off to all and sundry that I can think off, how about yours Caroline? :)

Posted: Sep 20, 2004 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  3. SillyJokes

SillyJokes UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4,504 598
    Press release? I'm so rubbish at doing the PR thing. I just can't help thinking it would have been a bigger story if the tent had blown down and squashed a few people.

Posted: Sep 20, 2004 By: SillyJokes Member since: Jul 26, 2004
  4. Ozzy

3,401 157
    ROFL! I thought it was going to a few times...

However, PR, its the whole point of entering these awards. If you dont maximise the publicity potential as soon as possible after you win the award the moment is gone. Local press are always on the lookout for local success stories, and trade press also. I strongly recommend you write a brief A4 sheet press release and fire it off with a photo to every newspaper, magazine and trade website you can think of!

Email me privately if you want to know what I put together to help you get started. I'm no expert at it by any stretch of the imagination, but it will give you a start.

5. gary

gary UKBF Newcomer Free Member

807 3
    Caroline, I agree - you need to get some exposure from this, and local papers are a great way of getting it. Get copies of your local papers and find the relevant contact people, then give them a call and just have a chat. Tell them where your business is located (so they know it's relevant and local) and say you've just won this award and could you send them a bit more about it. You may only get local exposure now, but it could turn out to be more, you just never know!

Gary

Posted: Sep 20, 2004 By: gary Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  6. SillyJokes

4,504 598
    I'll do my best but I have to say that the journo I just spoke to seemed to think watching paint dry might be more interesting.

7. Ozzy

3,401 157
    90% of them will ignore you, but those 10% will give you free publicity. Thats why its worth the scattergun approach ...

Nice bow tie your colleague was wearing on the night btw ;)

8. SillyJokes

4,504 598
    That's no colleague, that's my husband!

He told me flashing bow ties never go out of style.

Have you got your room booked for next month?

9. Ozzy

3,401 157
    Sorry, I didn't want to assume.
    Urgh - not yet but best get a move on.

10. SillyJokes

4,504 598
    So Ozzy, have you ensured the site is working for Friday Oct 1st for national judging and brushed down your suit for a week on Thursday?

I was talking to Diane trying to get some more info out of her about the National Innovation awards - the mobile phone, rural and supply chain ones not mentioned at the regional awards.

She kept schtumm but said that if you were shortlisted for any of these and were already invited to the National Awards you wouldn't hear any more about it until the night.

I put in for Rural and Supply Chain and so fingers crossed we get more nominations.

Did you put in for any?

Posted: Sep 29, 2004 By: SillyJokes Member since: Jul 26, 2004
  11. Ozzy

3,401 157
    I didnt realise the National judging was tomorrow - just pure luck then that my new website was put live yesterday !!! he he, and yes the suit is brushed down and the room is booked. I had to go for the more expensive room because all the "reserved for awards" rooms were gone (ummm).
    We're getting the train down as I would only travel to the centre of London on tube or motorbike - never car!

As for Innovation Award, err, means nowt to me so I don't think I'm in for anything like that. I know one of the companies I am up against in the Business Startup category though - http://www.autoebid.com/ as another company I am involved in lost to them on Tuesday in that category ;)

Posted: Sep 30, 2004 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  12. SillyJokes

4,504 598
    The innovation awards were other categories to enter as part of the ecommerce awards.

Funnily enough after I posted yesterday I got a call telling me we are shortlisted for the Best Rural E-Business (we are located on pigsheds on a farm in rural South Northants).

Yippeee! Don't think we will win however as it is more likely to some sort of local cheese selling consortium.

"Applicants will be judged on how their organisation has used Information and Communication Technologies to react to the challenges and benefits of being a rural business

Examples of innovation in this category include:

Overcoming online communications issues in a novel manner
    Creation of a trading or support community to benefit local businesses
    Transformation of existing assets or traditional rural activities through online trading "

We will also be going down by train, probably early afternoon so not to rush and to get the benefit of our cheap room - haa ha.

Have you seen a rush of business after your start up award?

Posted: Sep 30, 2004 By: SillyJokes Member since: Jul 26, 2004
  13. Ozzy

3,401 157
    Err, nope :)
    But then my business is not consumer or spintaniously based, you can't buy someone a gimmick Limited company as a joke ;)

Posted: Sep 30, 2004 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  14. kyber

kyber UKBF Newcomer Free Member

836 28
    Are you sure, I often conclude that must have been the case with some of the businesses I come into contact with... joking aside to focus on joking, is there any way this could be achieved such that your grandson or whatever just needs to sign on the bottom line? You could start a whole new line.

Stuart

Posted: Oct 2, 2004 By: kyber Member since: Mar 3, 2004
  15. SillyJokes

4,504 598
    Just in conclusion to this E commerce Award thing I should say that although Sillyjokes didn't win National Best Use of Broadband we did win Best Rural Website, and are very pleased.

The overall winner was trade-appliances.co.uk who beat us in the regional finals so it was a good night for the East Midlands region.

Posted: Oct 11, 2004 By: SillyJokes Member since: Jul 26, 2004
  16. gary

gary UKBF Newcomer Free Member

807 3
    Once again, congrats Caroline! It's always nice to have your achievements recognised.

Gary

Posted: Oct 12, 2004 By: gary Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  17. Ozzy

3,401 157
    Yes very well done Caroline and a pleasure to meet you again :)

To Stuart - no a Limited company is not the sort of thing you can buy as a present because you are possibly dumping a load of legal agro onto the receiver.

Posted: Oct 15, 2004 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  18. kyber

kyber UKBF Newcomer Free Member

836 28
    Damn, just have give them a puppy instead!

Posted: Oct 18, 2004 By: kyber Member since: Mar 3, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.