Ecommerce Awards

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by SillyJokes, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzy

Ozzy Quite simply, me. Full Member - Verified Business

3,401 157
    :( She wont tell me!

Posted: Sep 9, 2004 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  2. SillyJokes

SillyJokes UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4,505 598
    Won't tell you?

Have you asked recently? - she sent me a list yesterday.

Trouble was the web addresses weren't present. I only recognised you and one other site.

Posted: Sep 9, 2004 By: SillyJokes Member since: Jul 26, 2004
  3. Ozzy

3,401 157
    She sent the list for the whole lot but not broken down by category.
    Some more breaking news, another business I am involved, www.createyourplate.com, is also in the finals for the Ecommerce Awards London region!

Posted: Sep 12, 2004 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

0 0
    Posted: Sep 12, 2004 By: Anonymous Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  5. gary

gary UKBF Newcomer Free Member

807 3
    Congratulations Simon! :)

Gary

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 By: gary Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  6. Ozzy

3,401 157
    Excellent news Simon! Congratulations

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  7. SillyJokes

4,505 598
    Well done Simon. You must be pretty chuffed. I think they had a lot of entries.

Our (ozzy and me in East Midlands Region) do is on Thursday so expect some results Friday.

I'm trying not to think about it too much. I don't want to be competitive but I can't help it. I was completely thrilled to be shortlisted but now I really do want to win. Otherwise, why enter?

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 By: SillyJokes Member since: Jul 26, 2004
  8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

0 0
    It's really unbelievable how much my attitude to winning changed throughout the process. When I applied I had no expectations but thought ‘go on give it a go’. When I found out I’d been shortlisted I was totally over the moon but thought well if that’s as far as I go then it’s a massive achievement.

As the awards night got closer I started to think maybe I have a chance of winning and on the night I was absolutely gutted when my name was called out as ‘Highly Commended’. I really wanted to win it badly.

On reflection it’s a tremendous achievement and recognition, after all I could have come away from the awards with nothing, which I couldn’t begin to think about now. So close though…Damn!

The business that won is pretty sizeable accepta.co.uk (I’m a one man band) and they were runners up last year. Flowersdirect.co.uk were on our table, last year they won E-Start up and this year they won E-business.

The Business link chap on the night was fantastic, he kept saying how we were all winners and all had exceptional web sites. When he explained the number of entries and the process of whittling down to the shortlist and then the winners - it’s only then that you understand that you are pretty damn good.

When you look at your web site day in day you get sick and tired of it, and sometimes even begin to dislike it. This has reaffirmed how good my web site really is and I’ll be there next year with an improved web site and business.

Win or lose none of us are mugs – we all deserve a big round of applause.

Best of luck, I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Regards,
    Simon

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 By: Anonymous Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  9. SillyJokes

4,505 598
    There were some other National Awards which I haven't heard about yet - Innovation Awards in mobile/remote working, Advanced Supply Chain and something else.

Anyone heard anything about these?

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 By: SillyJokes Member since: Jul 26, 2004
  10. Ozzy

3,401 157
    Hi Simon,
    Your are so very right with what you say, and your attitude reflects how mine was with the National Business Awards. I was gutted on the night that I only reached the Finalist stage, but looking back now I feel so proud looking at the the certificate on my wall ;)
    This probably explains my more down to earth approach with the Ecommerce Awards, but yet again I'd love to win on the night.

I also agree with what you say about looking at your own website. I'm bored with the Quick Formations website as its been the same now for over a year. I do have a new website design, but have not finished implementing the templates into the system. I'll put a link in here when the new site is live as I'd welcome the feedback.

SillyJokes - there are a lot of different business awrads that anyone can apply for, some are worthy and others are nothing more than another form of the "charity scam". I had a meeting with someone last week who had won an award only to receive an invoice a month later for an advertorial. It turns out the price was being approved for the advertorial!
    That is why each time I receive a letter recommending entry to an award I carefully research it before entering.

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  11. Ozzy

3,401 157
    WE WON!!!!
    Quick Formations won the Ecommerce Startup award. SIllyJokes also won a few but I'll let her make her own announcement.

The video's were fun to watch, and they even showed me on my motorbike :D

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

0 0
    That's absolutely brilliant Ozzy, well done! Still bored with your site?

Good luck in the nationals.

Regards,
    Simon

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 By: Anonymous Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  13. gary

807 3
    Nice one Richard! :)

Gary

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 By: gary Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  14. Ozzy

3,401 157
    My new site will be going live this weekend. Its all finished and the content is done, it just needs proof reading and double checking ... where is Stuart when you need him ;)

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  15. SillyJokes

4,505 598
    Congratulations to Ozzy - well done matey.

We did amazingly well.

We got Highly Commended in both E-Trading and E-Business (beaten by the same company in each case I think - a company selling built in kitchen appliances which had grown amazingly fast).

We won Best Use of Broadband and so will be joining Ozzy at the National Finals at the Grosvner House Hotel in London next month.

It was just the best feeling winning - I was completely gobsmacked and to get Highly Commended in such exulted company was really fab.

Let the good times roll.

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 By: SillyJokes Member since: Jul 26, 2004
  16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

0 0
    Wow three awards - I'm sure you feel great!

Enjoy your success you deserve it.

Regards,
    Simon

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 By: Anonymous Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  17. gary

807 3
    Congratulations Caroline! :)

Gary

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 By: gary Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  18. MikeH

MikeH UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

594 58
    I would just like to add my congratulations to you both. Good luck and hope to hear of your success stories on this forum.

Mike.

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 By: MikeH Member since: Aug 12, 2004
  19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

0 0
    Excelent proud of you both!

now tell us how its done so we can join in next year.

absolutely fabulous supercalafregelisticexpealidocious!

Posted: Sep 18, 2004 By: Anonymous Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  20. kyber

kyber UKBF Newcomer Free Member

836 28
    I have fed back to you by mail as you prompted me by IM. In the middle of a huge bid but managed to explore your new site using several browsers.

I have to say that overall the new design, which builds on the existing design of course, is exceptional and I had only minor points to make (which I know does not usually stop me).

Congratulations from me as well on you recent win and good luck in the Nationals.

Stuart

Posted: Sep 19, 2004 By: kyber Member since: Mar 3, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.