Ebay/Ecommerce advice/help

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by ianhaney30, Feb 5, 2018.

1. ianhaney30

ianhaney30 UKBF Contributor Free Member

81 5
    Hi

I sell computer and laptop hardware and IT related products on Ebay and have my own ecommerce website and am using Ebay as a sort of launchpad to get the sales on there whilst my ecommerce website is generating traffic.

I know Ebay is competitive on pricing etc. so am currently around 1-2 sales per day on Ebay which admit I know is not the best so was seeing if anyone has any tips to generate more sales on Ebay

Regarding my ecommerce site, I must admit I am not the best at SEO but been reading on Google what to do in terms of on and off page SEO and think I have done the on page SEO correctly as using h1 tags, building internal links and got a blog, made SEO friendly urls, got categories urls and h1 tags based on keyword research even though Google is not using keywords as much but think Bing etc. are still if am correct on that and tried to make my ecommerce site as fast as possible and loads quite quick I think, around 3 seconds mark and even have it hosted on premium hosting to make it load quicker, originally it was on shared hosting.

I have started to do off page SEO and managed to secure a backlink from a manufacturer of some of the products to my ecommerce site which is good and had a couple of visitors already from their site to mine. Again was just seeing if anyone has any tips to generate more traffic to my site. I have not got any sales yet on the site and trying to improve it daily to make it better and think is looking nice and got nice features on it, I am not sure if allowed to paste the link to it here as I am not a paid member to ask for reviews of websites but any tips would be great and really appreciated.

The site is using opencart 2

Thank you in advance

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 By: ianhaney30 Member since: Jan 6, 2015
  2. antropy

antropy OpenCart Experts Full Member - Verified Business

2,999 507
    Posted: Feb 6, 2018 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  3. ianhaney30

81 5
    Hi @antropy

I have that extension already installed and activated in my opencart store and works really well, I'll look at maybe using a simpler theme in the future but the one I am using seems to be ok at the moment speed wise, as I say it's roughly around 3 seconds in loading, sometimes it's 2 seconds

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 By: ianhaney30 Member since: Jan 6, 2015
  4. Russ Michaels

Russ Michaels UKBF Contributor Free Member

65 14
    Have you considered facebook advertising?

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 By: Russ Michaels Member since: Jan 19, 2018
  5. ianhaney30

81 5
    I have tried it in the past for computer repairs but not for the ebay/ecommerce site but is def worth a look at that but think will need quite a big budget to reach quite far

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 By: ianhaney30 Member since: Jan 6, 2015
  6. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,566 255
    Posted: Feb 12, 2018 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011
  7. Anders Jorgensen

Anders Jorgensen UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 1
    In order to test your web shop try Google Shopping. For FB get the pixel installed and try to look for marketing strategies that work. You need daily link and regular content campaigns to rank in Google.

The FB pixel does the job of finding similar people to the traffic you get. This means if you have ad to cart the pixel finds more of those people. If you have check out pixel then FB finds similar people.

You will need the data first so get the pixel in FB ad manager back office and get it installed so it can get to work analyzing your traffic

For a shop you have the following options for advertising:

Google Shopping
    Bing Shopping
    Google Adwords
    Bing Adwords
    Media traffic
    Facebook

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 By: Anders Jorgensen Member since: Feb 5, 2018