Eagle lands Royal Mail Logo rebrand!

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by Eagle, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Eagle

Eagle UKBF Legend Free Member

5,382 598
    Today I had the unprecedented opportunity of working on a re-branding exercise for the Royal Mail logo. Following approximately six seconds of painstaking research and the drafting of no less than one concept, I decided that their existing design would be left largely intact but for three small changes.

The changes incorporated into the new design would not only resonate with their existing customer base (some 70 million or so satisfied UK citizens) but which would also encapsulate their working ethos and carry them forward into the 22nd century.

So, without further ado - the final design....

[​IMG]

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 By: Eagle Member since: Oct 3, 2004
  2. Rachael

Rachael UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

523 12
    HA HA HA I love it!!!!

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 By: Rachael Member since: Jun 6, 2004
  3. Carl-CSNM

Carl-CSNM UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5,209 208
    Very good! :D

I hope the Royal Mail legal people don't see this post. :p

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 By: Carl-CSNM Member since: Apr 9, 2006
  4. Games4Business

Games4Business UKBF Newcomer Free Member

800 18
    Maybe all businesses should collectively sue the royal mail for bad service? Maybe then will something be done about it. Businesses suffer as a result of the strikes.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 By: Games4Business Member since: Jul 19, 2007
  5. Eagle

5,382 598
    Couldn't give a rat's ass - it's parody... therefore legal. :) ;) It's not as if it brings them into disrepute - they're already masters at that...

6. Eagle

5,382 598
    Class action? Let's do it. :)

7. Games4Business

800 18
    We need the backing of a few larger corporations :)

No, on a serious note, I'm sure all of these strikes could be settled in a better way. If you did a chart comparison to the service we used to get many years ago, you would see a decline. The increase of postage, and size/weight bands should have rectified any rate of inflation even for staff salaries.

I agree this country is expensive, rates and bills go up but wages stay the same in many cases. So long as its justified and prevent any further strikes from cropping up in the future.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 By: Games4Business Member since: Jul 19, 2007
  8. simonswords

simonswords UKBF Ace Full Member

1,162 38
    Good work Mark :)

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 By: simonswords Member since: Jan 7, 2007
  9. Hayles

Hayles UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,671 11
    Very good :)

(Though I was a bit disappointed that you hadn't really won a contract with them, was expecting champagne all round!)

H

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 By: Hayles Member since: Nov 5, 2005
  10. Peter Bowen

Peter Bowen UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

853 230
    Nice work. Can you work on some political parties?

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 By: Peter Bowen Member since: Jul 2, 2007
  11. lajlaj

lajlaj UKBF Newcomer Free Member

180 16
    I was wondering actually whether we could collectively put in a claim for loss of business?

Surely if we all work together we may, just may, be able to have our voice heard?

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 By: lajlaj Member since: Feb 20, 2004
  12. lajlaj

lajlaj UKBF Newcomer Free Member

180 16
    Love the logo Mark, that is brilliant!

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 By: lajlaj Member since: Feb 20, 2004
  13. Games4Business

800 18
    Maybe we could claim loss of business, but i'm sure they have some sort of legal clause to prevent anything like this happenning. We're waiting for something to arrive that was sent just before the strike started but it did not arrive, so it will either be delayed or will get lost because of it. This item has delayed one of my projects from launching by at least a week. How has the strike impacted your business?

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 By: Games4Business Member since: Jul 19, 2007
  14. Comspec

Comspec UKBF Newcomer Full Member - Verified Business

7,136 1,483
    Excellent work Eagle - and you have captured the essence of it just perfect :D

I often wonder, with the way everyone's looking to work their mail differently, how much ongoing revenue these strikes actually cost RM ???

For an example, Zii said some time ago (last time they were striking) that he looked at his business and saved £350 per month by using email rather than snailmail. What would the larger organisations not save then - could be frightening cash.

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 By: Comspec Member since: May 8, 2006
  15. APRogers

APRogers UKBF Newcomer Free Member

121 0
    In Victorian times, before the advent of the stamp, you could apparently send a letter for about a penny and receive a response in the same day. There were apparently four proper postal rounds per day. Compare that to now!

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 By: APRogers Member since: Aug 23, 2005
  16. Games4Business

800 18
    About two years ago, we actually had post delivered on a Sunday which was Bizarr! Obviously the postal worker picked and chose the day he/she wanted to work, either that or they were getting double time (unlikely!?).

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 By: Games4Business Member since: Jul 19, 2007
  17. Blush

Blush UKBF Newcomer Full Member

1,135 78
    :D I love it! Now whats this about compensation? I am just waiting for a courier to have the common sense to open their doors to smaller businesses sending lightweight parcels and I am off! I contacted parcelnet, they wanted to know if I posted out at least 500 hundred parcels /day to meet their criteria:eek:

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 By: Blush Member since: Mar 22, 2007
  18. SillyJokes

SillyJokes UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4,501 598
    I'm sorry Eagle but I'm afraid you can't publish that logo - it is under to copyright already and I would have though you of all people would understand this...

[​IMG]

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 By: SillyJokes Member since: Jul 26, 2004
  19. SillyJokes

4,501 598

In Victorian times child labour was common and misery was everywhere, but hey, it looked good on Christmas Cards. ;)

20. SillyJokes

4,501 598
    From postwatch

Bulk Mail (Introduced January 2004 and will include payments during the year 2003/2004):

Customers using any of the bulk mail products covered by licence service standards could be entitled to a partial refund of their posting costs at the end of the year. Customers should automatically receive a 0.1% refund for every 0.1% by which the licence target is failed. However this is only triggered after Royal Mail fails by more than 1% and is capped at a maximum of 5%.

However I am sure I have read somewhere that this is being suspended this year due to the strikes so we won't get any comp. when we really need it.