Dynamic Email Marketing...

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by ScotComp, May 29, 2013.

1. ScotComp

ScotComp UKBF Newcomer Free Member

345 56
    Hi all,

I'm looking to see if any of the email marketing guys can shed some light on what they're using or what people are using when it comes to dynamic email marketing?

I'm working with a client at the moment who is interested in utilising this type of email marketing however I'm not sure her CRM system will support it properly.

Can you alter your CRM to do it or is there a special system required for dynamic emails?

Posted: May 29, 2013 By: ScotComp Member since: Mar 11, 2011
  2. noo81

noo81 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

239 44
    From what i gather, isn't dynamic email marketing just being able to use personal details such as the persons name? You should be able to don this with a good CRM.

Posted: May 30, 2013 By: noo81 Member since: Apr 8, 2013
  3. Mike W

Mike W UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,563 358
    It's called 'blinding with science'. It's simply adapting/personalising the email for the individual.

It could be as simple as 'Dear {NAME}' or including their name/company in the body of the email. Or it could be sending specific emails only to specific people - ie. I have a client who has 3 different categories within his database - eg. personal, corporate, party. Sometimes he wants to send to all, sometimes just to 'corporate'.

That's it, in a nutshell. It's something we do for many clients. If I can offer any help with yours, just let me know.

Regards

Mike

Posted: May 30, 2013 By: Mike W Member since: Aug 19, 2010
  4. Esk247

Esk247 UKBF Legend Free Member

7,758 1,514
    We just use MailChimp to do all the personalisation for us. We can add individual names or unique customer IDs or dates etc to each and every email in a block.

We can also divide people in to groups or schedule when emails are sent out, all automated and fairly simple to use.

Posted: May 30, 2013 By: Esk247 Member since: Oct 6, 2008
  5. Shelly Watson

Shelly Watson UKBF Contributor Free Member

78 2
    You can give Comm100 a try. It can send personalized email to your recipients with high inbox rate.:)

Posted: Jun 3, 2013 By: Shelly Watson Member since: Apr 24, 2013
  6. garyk

garyk UKBF Legend Full Member

5,978 1,014
    I use mailchimp.com, it uses 'mergetags' which work as Mike above describes.

Posted: Jun 3, 2013 By: garyk Member since: Jun 14, 2006
  7. AlexandraS

AlexandraS UKBF Newcomer Free Member

153 52
    Mailchimp is integrated with capsule off the top of my head but I've encountered other crm systems with their own APIs.

Posted: Jun 3, 2013 By: AlexandraS Member since: Apr 26, 2013
  8. sirbrandy

sirbrandy UKBF Regular Free Member

127 30
    Posted: Jun 27, 2013 By: sirbrandy Member since: Jun 16, 2012
  9. allbag

allbag UKBF Newcomer Free Member

23 3
    There are two things - personalisation (i.e. Dear NAME) and also dynamic content - (i.e. women will get info about a bag and man will get info about a car).

Dynamic email marketing is now days really when you are able to segment your whole audience based on their preference and probability of sale/transaction and when you're able to send closest-to-individual, tailored message with your offer. Example:
    Jane gets an email about the purse she was looking at online 3 days ago and John about welding equipment as he put that in his basket but never bought it 4 days ago.

Bob gets an email about mobile car charger 10% off because he bought a new phone 2 weeks ago while Steve will get an email about mobile car charger without any discount.

And so on.

This needs to be powered by your CRM, online shop, website data and a sales system, ideally. With smaller databases and budget you can do it semi-manually I guess. If your client is larger and wants to embrace email marketing professionally, I would suggest big players - exact target, experian cheetahmail or neolane.

Personalisation in email is not deemed "dynamic" anymore but as a "standard" functionality since about 5-8 years now.

I hope it helps a bit!

Posted: Jul 3, 2013 By: allbag Member since: Jun 13, 2013
  10. GeoMarketingSolutions

GeoMarketingSolutions UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 1
    Hi all, what ive done before is manipulated data via locations or other attributes. Ive found this increases opening of emails via 12%. Recently I worked with an events firm and targeted the people who live within 50 miles of the event. This allowed for direct, personalised emails! Geomarketing it the future!!

Cheers James

Posted: Jul 16, 2013 By: GeoMarketingSolutions Member since: Jul 16, 2013
  11. amac

amac UKBF Regular Full Member

426 32
    Seconded. Unless you can afford marketing automation suite's like Marketo, Hubspot etc, Mailchimp is as good as it gets.

Posted: Jul 17, 2013 By: amac Member since: Dec 31, 2011
  12. EmilyBrighton

EmilyBrighton UKBF Newcomer Free Member

22 1
    I have personally been on the end of some of these types of emails that have not worked well; emails with "[name]" where my name was meant to be. And clearly I was not the only one to receive this email. As long as you have a great company behind you then it can be do good things for your company. However if it goes wrong your reputation can be damaged

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 By: EmilyBrighton Member since: Jul 5, 2013
  13. Mike W

Mike W UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,563 358
    That's simply dealt with ...if it hasn't been dealt with by a simpleton ;)

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 By: Mike W Member since: Aug 19, 2010
  14. PoundPig

PoundPig UKBF Contributor Full Member

43 10
    MailChimp or Aweber is my advice to your original question.

Although Aweber is more expensive from the outset once your list gets to a reasonable level you have more scope and the price break is better.

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 By: PoundPig Member since: May 21, 2013
  15. CinchTechnologies.

CinchTechnologies. UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 4
    Alot of people use MailChimp for their email marketing, but my company have our own software: CRM and Email marketing; we also use software called interspire which you may have heard of.

Email marketing software should allow you to send personalised (names and other elements) mails in large numbers simultaneously can get to your audience more quickly, so technically it should be more efficient then direct email marketing

Posted: Jul 19, 2013 By: CinchTechnologies. Member since: Jul 17, 2013