Dragons Den

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by lightload, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightload

lightload UKBF Newcomer

40 0
    We recently interview some people who have been on Dragons Den for our publication The Business World magazine (www.lightloadlifestyle.com) and we were amazed with their stories about theit appearance on the show.

It started me thinking about what ways people have used to promote their company besides the normal route of advertising. I know of someone who phones up the radio stations at any opportunity for competitions and talk shows just so they can get their company name mentioned on the show and it seems to work.

So what ways have you tried to promote your company, have you been on a TV show or on the radio or maybe you have ran a marathon to gain publicity for your company.

I would love to hear the different ways you have promoted your company.

Posted: Jul 22, 2007 By: lightload Member since: Mar 8, 2006
  2. scorpio

scorpio UKBF Newcomer

13 0
    Gosh not on telly no lol, but i have had my products in a homes magazine before, and in local paper.

Posted: Jul 22, 2007 By: scorpio Member since: Jul 21, 2007
  3. Morgan

Morgan Contributor

1,221 19
    Our local BBC radio was having a phone in about who had the best job and I texted in saying I had and why and gave my business name etc and they read that out. I was pretty chuffed I have to say!

Posted: Jul 22, 2007 By: Morgan Member since: Nov 11, 2006
  4. The Printed Bag Shop

The Printed Bag Shop Contributor

1,175 64
    ive done the same as morgan.

Posted: Jul 22, 2007 By: The Printed Bag Shop Member since: Mar 13, 2007
  5. The Printed Bag Shop

The Printed Bag Shop Contributor

1,175 64
    I forgot to mention im trying to get some PR as we are now stocking the Be-Eco bag as seen on Tycoon. i dont suppose you fancy doing a write up for me do you.

Posted: Jul 22, 2007 By: The Printed Bag Shop Member since: Mar 13, 2007
  6. Roark

Roark Contributor

117 3
    We wanted to try a basejump in Xen gear, from the Spinnaker Tower before it opened, yet someone beat us to it- and they made a getaway using a rib. Had the jumper and photographer lined up and all. Probably best we didn't do it.

The DD show is a good bit of TV. It is TV though. Yet some people have achieved support and success as a result of appearing and finding the right partners and investment. I did the show last year- what an eye opener. I feel lucky- I might even give the merry-go-round another go this year with a new product. There is always hope.

Success is never ending, and failure is never final.

Posted: Jul 22, 2007 By: Roark Member since: Jul 6, 2007
  7. toystoyou

toystoyou Contributor

216 6
    Hi
    We got our Books for Life almost indestructible books featured on the Richard Hammond Show earlier this year. ITV researchers approached us! Cos the show tested lots of products claiming to be indestructible they found our site and the books, asked if we would supply them for the show. And the lovely Richard Hammond and his 2 daughters declared them to be "absolutely indestructible" after submerging them in water, trying to tear them and even stamping on them!
    We got a whole load of sales out of that and an excellent backlink from ITV.
    Unfortunately the company who makes the books have stopped making them as they're not financially viable!
    We also run competitions regularly in parenting and green magazines cos often they do a bit of a write up on the site with the competition. We've given away things like a whole set of Books for Life, Space Ship Playsets, free santa gifts for childcare providers, etc.
    We also contacted a load of parenting and green magazines offering our toys for photo shoots and reviews. That's worked out quite well for us as well cos people see the toys in photo shoots, search for them on Google, find us and then buy from us.
    We don't pay for advertising and we've still managed to get ourselves out there in the parenting and green eye.
    Julie

Posted: Jul 22, 2007 By: toystoyou Member since: Apr 5, 2006
  8. DanMartin

DanMartin Editor Contributor

2,412 155
    We recently published an article on this subject over on BusinessZone. To read it, click here.

Posted: Jul 23, 2007 By: DanMartin Member since: May 14, 2007
  9. Trikke Uk

Trikke Uk Contributor

115 2
    we have appeared in Daily express, Sunday Mirror, Best Magazine. The metro, Adult sport. Pr company are promoting our product

Posted: Jul 23, 2007 By: Trikke Uk Member since: May 10, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.