Dragons Den lastnight.....

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by eddieriby, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fit To Defend

Fit To Defend UKBF Newcomer Free Member

267 0
    Ling pure genius...utmost respect..how do i get a link on your site lol..:)

Seriously, anyone that can get that much exposure on a BBC tv show...is amazing...anyone who says other wise..is talking out of their backside..or just jealous...well done and keep it going..

Posted: Feb 25, 2007 By: Fit To Defend Member since: Feb 24, 2007
  2. LINGsCARS

LINGsCARS Banned

1,774 413
    There are specific people who I can work very well with. I generalise when I say they hate me. But Mazda UK chopped me off, and so have others. But there are too many desperate dealers out there who cannot resist my orders. Some other dealers are just very good, but they are few and far between. Even the biggest dealer group (Pendragon) only has 10% of the market, so there is plenty of choice.

- Ling

Posted: Feb 25, 2007 By: LINGsCARS Member since: Feb 16, 2007
  3. LINGsCARS

LINGsCARS Banned

1,774 413
    I don't want to turn this forum into "The Ling Show" (really!! I am just a normal person who has found a niche), but I have just grabbed this output from the BBC. It's in Mandarin Chinese, which may be my first language but I'm very rusty at it as I don't speak it much.

BBC World Service mp3 here, (3.6Mb), if anyone is interested.

I have suggested to that Automotive Management forum that I can now claim I am "World Famous" :) That should kick the sour and miserable car sales managers off, hehehe.

- Ling

Posted: Feb 26, 2007 By: LINGsCARS Member since: Feb 16, 2007
  4. fr00tloops

fr00tloops UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi ling! Im VERY SURPRISED to see you here. I just googled UK Dragons Den, just to find some streams of the show or something, and I just saw you here. this is really cool. :)

If you have MSN messenger, or hotmail, and you would like to share it with me, PM me sometime, and we can have some chats. its REALLY cool to talk to someone whos been on the Dragons Den, and this is probably the closest il ever get.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 By: fr00tloops Member since: Mar 14, 2008
  5. LINGsCARS

LINGsCARS Banned

1,774 413
    Frootloops, this is a very old thread. Happy to chat, but suggest a current thread.

Thanks for comments.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 By: LINGsCARS Member since: Feb 16, 2007
  6. Matthew.Carr

Matthew.Carr UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a ''step lock''?

I've seen it twice now (repeats ftw) and am highly interested. The dragons comparing it to a Mortis lock (freaking deadlock... who calls them mortis locks?) is totaly wrong and did throw the guy for six. If you have a bolt/chain on your door and leave the house... you can't put that on!

Just how many bolts do you have in your house/place of work? I know theres one in the bathroom, one in the carport, one on the fence for the dog/pig/horse, one in the bedroom.

Okay maybe not all that... but alot of the time you do need to shut a door from one side and not have people coming in. The design looked rather robust and if it works how i belive it works then it's as strong as a mortis (deadlock...) lock but twice as easy to install.

The stoplock can easily be installed to provide a 'safe room' incase your house is invaded... I know Americans would buy them by the shed load... People do invest in security and a lock that can be installed in 5 min by drilling 2 holes and putting in 2 screws is almost too good to be true...

If anyone can give me any direction to the creators of DD (BBC just sends me round in circles and has done for a while) or the inventor of the Stoplock I'd be rather happy... and someone might want to take a second look and see that it is the diamond in the rough that the dragons have indeed overlooked.

One main use of the lock would be Student accomidation... in Nottingham alone there are 70,000 students. 40,000+ are living in privatly owned houses. Those 40,000+ houses have from 4-8 bedrooms in them. thats maybe 160,000 locks sold in Nottingham to students alone (could maybe double that number selling them to locals on the crime-ridden estates). Sell them for 8-10 quid each and your laughing. They seem rather easy to mass produce, just a box with a plate on and the A-frame. (however I'd like to have a look at one myself to make sure)

Please someone. If you can help please mssg or reply!

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 By: Matthew.Carr Member since: Jul 18, 2008
  7. AdvantageMedia

AdvantageMedia UKBF Newcomer Full Member

144 8
    Ling has a very different approach to most of us...if she is turning over as much as she claims perhaps we are doing something wrong!? lol

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 By: AdvantageMedia Member since: Feb 19, 2008
  8. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend Free Member

29,807 6,643
    or are they not including VAT in there prices (illegal) or dumping last years models or a few hidden charges.?:|

Earl

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.