Dragons Den lastnight.....

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by eddieriby, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddieriby

eddieriby UKBF Newcomer Free Member

185 0
    Did anyone catch this and see Ling Valentine........i didnt think much at first but she grew on me....just been looking at her website and she certainly has a different approach to business but it seems to work!!.....Def worth a look....www.lingscars.com

...This is just a clip I've copied from her site...

[​IMG]"Dear Ling,

I write to say a big thank you for all the effort you put into getting my Nissan X-Trail delivered to me.

For all prospective new customers out there, let me tell you that when I ordered my car from Ling Valentine, my mother was taken into hospital in the UK and I was taken ill in Spain! Against these odds, Ling was marvellous, she contacted me on my mobile and fax in Spain, keeping me informed of every detail, arranging my finance, delivery etc.

Because of my predicament of having to have an operation on my return to the UK, my car delivery had to be cancelled for one month. Thanks to Ling, she sorted everything out and my car duly arrived.

So, if you are thinking of leasing a car, I have no hesitation in recommending LINGsCARS.com and Ling Valentine.

As for the three Nissan dealers that I contacted for competitive quotes (to check against LINGsCARS), it took anything from one to six weeks just to get a quote - and guess what - Ling's price was a lot cheaper. Once again, Ling, many thanks!"

Mike Milton
    34 Tivoli Crescent
    Brighton
    BN1 5ND

[​IMG]Editor Note: Mike, of course I look after you when you go into hospital, I am so glad you did not die! I woud have lost car sale!!! :) You are right about the Nissan dealers, most are very slow (I think they are the ones who are dying) - and for some reason, car dealers in general are terrible with emails. It takes them AGES to reply. Salesmen too busy stuffing cocaine up their noses. You are so kind to send me a lovely gift voucher which I will use to treat myself! Thanks - Ling

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 By: eddieriby Member since: Jun 30, 2006
  2. poppycat

poppycat UKBF Newcomer Free Member

22 0
    wow I've certainly never seen a website like that before... less is obviously not more for dear Ling! I missed most of her pitch, just came in at the end, to see her get rejected. What did she want the cash for?

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 By: poppycat Member since: Sep 6, 2006
  3. ChrisMono

ChrisMono UKBF Newcomer Free Member

128 5
    havent watched dragons den in ages.. the 'dragons' are all just wannabe simon cowells

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 By: ChrisMono Member since: Feb 15, 2007
  4. eddieriby

185 0
    ...I think it was for some form of marketing to take the business to the next level but to be fair she turned over £10.8 million last year and is on track to do £25million this year so i'd say she went on for her 15 mins of fame and some excellent national TV coverage for her business.....she certainly got that!!

................I could spend hours on her site....its fantastic!!!!

5. estwig

estwig UKBF Legend Free Member

12,265 4,296
    Cool website, saw her last night, she didn't waste any time getting the clip on her website. prob didn't want any money, just publicity, or is that the cynic in me.

She has loads of white vans, might get another one!!!

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 By: estwig Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  6. Kidz Fashion Zone

Kidz Fashion Zone UKBF Newcomer Free Member

213 8
    damn I missed it last night, managed to catch 5 minutes of the iteddy bloke and that was it

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 By: Kidz Fashion Zone Member since: Dec 30, 2006
  7. Kidz Fashion Zone

213 8
    wow that's some website!

8. Scott-Copywriter

Scott-Copywriter UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

9,731 2,674
    That website is absolutely awful.

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 By: Scott-Copywriter Member since: May 10, 2006
  9. JamieM

JamieM UKBF Ace Free Member

2,285 344
    That was my initial thought but I am happy to say that I have changed my mind. The content is fantastic!

I wonder if submitting a testimonial letter comes with a warning. I am sure there will be a few that may take offence at some of Ling's comments. :D

I sincerely hope that Ling is checking her web stats and finds this thread. Pop in and say hello. You have inspired me to sharpen up on my customer communications.

Good luck with the cars!

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 By: JamieM Member since: Mar 22, 2006
  10. An Oasis

An Oasis UKBF Newcomer Full Member

9,901 1,684
  11. ChrisMono

128 5
    to summarize: the website is like the milliondollarhomepage

12. Carl-CSNM

Carl-CSNM UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5,209 208
    Duncan was awful to the Teddy Bear guy last night, saying he hoped his business doesn't work out just because he didn't like the product. :eek:

Ling was very funny.

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 By: Carl-CSNM Member since: Apr 9, 2006
  13. JamieM

JamieM UKBF Ace Free Member

2,285 344
    What do you mean? Because it's a bit cluttered? I agree it could be a bit more user friendly but it is good fun and she has plenty of happy customers.

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 By: JamieM Member since: Mar 22, 2006
  14. Hayles

Hayles UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,672 11
    I think her site is great. She gets her personality over just a little doesn't she!?! Good for her, as she says on there most people stay an hour and there's lots to keep you amused.

Very different, honest and fun (even for someone who doesn't like cars!)

H

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 By: Hayles Member since: Nov 5, 2005
  15. Stephen Berry

Stephen Berry UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,754 283
    Terrible web site - noisier than Twickenham when England are beating Scotland.
    However 10/10 for getting the exposure on national TV.
    Of course she didn't want or need the investment - but the airtime was priceless.
    Richard Branson allegedly devotes 20% of his time to 'media based' activity - i.e. getting on TV with his latest stunt. After the 2006 Steve Fossett ballon flight around the world (take off in US, landing in UK, both to co-incide with good news coverage times) I asked a New York based media customer how much that publicity was worth - the reply ...
    "Stephen, I don't think I have enough zeros to calculate the figue" (i.e. a lot!).
    and ..... I drive a Merc - but pay a lot more than she is offering for better cars ..... must bookmark that site for my 2008 car renewal!

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 By: Stephen Berry Member since: Jan 3, 2007
  16. Antonia @limeone.com

Antonia @limeone.com UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,764 141
    She turns over a huge amount of money but the profit figures were tiny by comparison, she came over as a real laugh and did not take any of their comments on board at all. Well done Ling.

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 By: Antonia @limeone.com Member since: Jan 28, 2006
  17. ChrisMono

128 5
    yeh its pretty fun.. I say its like themilliondollarhomepage cos its full of crazy randomness! Everything you click is a link.. and it hasnt really got much order.

I hate to say it.. buts its actually pretty well designed if you look closely!

18. Kidz Fashion Zone

213 8
    I didn't like the website when I first looked at it, I was completely confused and didn't know where to start but I did have a good look around and have to see I quite enjoyed it, I bookmarked it too!

19. Carl-CSNM

Carl-CSNM UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5,209 208
    Free Lunch page:

:D:D

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 By: Carl-CSNM Member since: Apr 9, 2006
  20. eddieriby

185 0
    ...I think i started a nice little thread here....ive been on the site most of the night!!....I've taken a load of tips from her site for one of my new ventures...and like a few of you have said already i'll be giving her a call when my car's up for renewal!!!

Oh and if youve got a spare 2 mins watch this.....http://www.lingscars.com/movie/bus_hq.wmv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.