Does anyone use Royal Mail Click and Drop in a busy warehouse?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by DanH, Dec 1, 2020.

1. AlanJ1

AlanJ1 UKBF Regular Free Member

178 26
    I believe but you would need to get this checked that you would be able to batch print a few orders to test on C&D and as long as you don't manifest them you will be fine (so print the batch after it is done).

Do you not have an account manager at all?

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 By: AlanJ1 Member since: Jul 25, 2018
  2. DanH

DanH UKBF Contributor Free Member

80 4
    Thanks Alan, yes we do but the person in that role keeps changing, the ones I've dealt with seemingly know less than me and pass me onto to someone else who never responds. It's easier and quicker to get a response here with people who actually use it...unfortunately!

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 By: DanH Member since: Jan 5, 2010
  3. owas

owas UKBF Ace Free Member

1,416 256
    Just to add this I can't see that anyone has, you don't need to add the exact weight for all parcels.

So UK RM 24/48 parcels anything up to 1kg is going to be the same price so you may as well select those that come under this weight range and input the weight at 1kg. If a bulk of your orders are UK parcels it saves a bit of time.

International parcels and UK large letters have weight/price variation so you'd need to have the correct weight in these instances.

Something else I have seen a few times is not to just weigh the product by itself but with all packaging and invoices as this could push it over to the next weight brackets.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 By: owas Member since: Jan 3, 2010
  4. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

27,406 3,367
    Average weight is used for pricing.
    Under estimate weight and fiddle them out of money? They are likely to do checks from time to time.

UK parcels have weight variation too above 1kg. Those sending anything other than light parcels make sure you are not under paying.

Posted: Dec 6, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017