Does anyone here play golf?

Discussion in 'Time Out' started by beckygolf, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beckygolf

beckygolf UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 0
    Sorry I know its supposed to be a boring sport but any boring people here?

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 By: beckygolf Member since: Oct 7, 2009
  2. rf-harris

rf-harris UKBF Contributor Free Member

84 11
    I never played it, seems so boring for me.

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 By: rf-harris Member since: Apr 19, 2016
  3. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

11,931 2,486
    Im boring but also dont play golf

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  4. Yellow Square Motor Parts

Yellow Square Motor Parts UKBF Regular Free Member

150 34
    I used to play a lot until a couple of years ago. What's your handicap Becky?

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 By: Yellow Square Motor Parts Member since: Sep 29, 2016
  5. techygirlD

techygirlD UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 0
    I am very new to golf and it isn't the most exciting thing on the planet, but I committed to doing something with my husband that he loves so golf it is. I definitely underestimated how much skill and accuracy it takes to play. But I look forward to learning as much as I can from my husband.

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 By: techygirlD Member since: Feb 15, 2017
  6. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

11,931 2,486
    As a man and a golf player he will be bound to give not offer advice to help you improve, even after your score is better than his

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  7. Scott-Copywriter

Scott-Copywriter UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

9,761 2,681
    I haven't played it myself, although I'd like to one day.

I does seem a bit boring. However, I thought the exact same thing about cricket for many years until I got to know how it works, and now it's one of my favourite sports to watch.

Loads of people seem to like playing golf, and even more like to watch it, so I'm probably mistaken about that as well.

One impression I do have about playing golf is that enjoying the outdoors and the overall pace of the game are two of the most important aspects. The fresh air, the walking, the views - that type of thing. Golf is really quite unique in how it can get you out of the house and into that setting in a game which is more technical than physical.

But I can also imagine it being quite competitive and fuelling a lot of excitement. After all, everything comes down to those intense few seconds where you're lining up ready to swing, and it has a very unforgiving margin of error. A great shot can make you feel on top of the world, whilst a bad shot probably feels very frustrating indeed.

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 By: Scott-Copywriter Member since: May 10, 2006
  8. Clodbuster

Clodbuster UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

899 170
    Yes and a great place to develop contacts. Even after a shocking round there is always one good shot to be happy with. Besides it gets me into the fresh air if expensive air.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 By: Clodbuster Member since: Apr 24, 2008
  9. jamesbaldock

jamesbaldock UKBF Contributor Free Member

89 21
    I play every week during the summer months. It's a great excuse to catch-up with friends and spend some time outdoors.

I love it and playing golf is just part of the experience. I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it.

Don't knock it until you've tried it :0)

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 By: jamesbaldock Member since: Mar 5, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.