Does anyone here have experience of the French government's Chorus Pro payment portal?

Discussion in 'International Business' started by charcinders, Oct 25, 2019.

1. charcinders

charcinders UKBF Contributor Free Member

81 11
    I just need to submit some invoices to a customer but I have literally spent 3 hours swearing at this thing. So far I've successfully created an account, added my company as a "structure" and connected myself to my structure. Now my "Issued invoices" area has been validated, but I'm not seeing any option to submit an invoice.
    Help, someone!

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 By: charcinders Member since: Sep 19, 2007
  2. Ben Young

Ben Young UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 4
    Hey charcinders. Thanks to your post above I've managed to get to the same stage you did in October -- so thanks. The ChorusPro website is the worst thing I've come across in 10 years' working online. If you ever got any further, I suggest you hire yourself as a consultant at an exorbitant rate. I'm now wondering whether I can survive without my French clients.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 By: Ben Young Member since: Jan 22, 2020
  3. Ben Young

5 4
    Oh my god. You have to log out and then log back in again. Then the headings all appear.

WHY?

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 By: Ben Young Member since: Jan 22, 2020
  4. charcinders

81 11
    Hi Ben, I feel your pain. I did eventually manage to get through it, but I don't remember what the key piece of information was. I'll check my old emails to see if I can find it...

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 By: charcinders Member since: Sep 19, 2007
  5. Ben Young

5 4
    Thanks! I guess we're not the only two people in the UK trying to sell to French public institutions, so if I ever do manage to get paid I'll probably write a blog post on it (crediting you -- because without your first note above I would have got nowhere at all).

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 By: Ben Young Member since: Jan 22, 2020
  6. charcinders

81 11
    Couldn't find anything specific in emails. From memory, once you've set yourself up as a 'structure' you then have to make a connection to your customer. The key thing I remember is that every entity on there has some sort of code number which you can search for. It was only when I got that number from the customer that I was able to make a connection to them so I could send the invoices.

7. Ben Young

5 4
    Thanks -- I think I have that number so maybe I am on home stretch. And I'll never complain about UK bureaucracy again.

--Thanks a million for your help!

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 By: Ben Young Member since: Jan 22, 2020
  8. charcinders

81 11
    I think it's basically logical, what makes it so difficult is the total lack of help available. A blog about it is a great idea!
    I found the part of an email from my customer that helped me:
    "you probably need to input "UMR 7260" for the lab (we are the LNSC, but this is the definitive identifier) and use the service code "0839"."
    So there were two important codes!

9. MLN

MLN UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Oh dear... Just read this and realised what the French red-tape must look like to the uninitiated. I'm a French Translator, if anyone needs a hand with the local lingo do feel free to PM me, I'll see if I can help.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 By: MLN Member since: Feb 5, 2020
  10. Ben Young

5 4
    Thanks! I might be in touch, though it's not the language so much as the system itself that is killing me. Surely this bloody website must have knocked 50% off France's economy. Or maybe this seems normal in France...

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 By: Ben Young Member since: Jan 22, 2020
  11. Bob Morgan

Bob Morgan UKBF Ace Free Member

1,026 284
    Just as an aside, I once had to work with French Fire Codes - Not even the French use them!

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 By: Bob Morgan Member since: Apr 15, 2018
  12. elbit

elbit UKBF Newcomer Free Member

18 0
    Has anyone got any further with this? I would really love some help.

I've got to the stage of requesting a connection with the university that i'm trying to invoice but it just keeps getting rejected.

Thanks, David

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 9:36 AM By: elbit Member since: Jan 5, 2011