Do they want to boost my health and make me pretty to boost my workflow?

Discussion in 'Time Out' started by OhhEnnEmm, Mar 31, 2020.

1. OhhEnnEmm

OhhEnnEmm UKBF Contributor Free Member

57 5
    Hi all,

Hope everyone's doing well!

I've never really bothered to go through my employee benefits scheme, since it's pretty much always luxuries that I don't feel worthy of:D

However, having a flick through, I'm pretty sure it's all aimed at making me essentially a more desirable employee... Near enough every discount is for pampering products like creams and "beauty products" and then there's the discount to a medical spa in Birmingham, where I live, which is offering the same products, as well as treatments that claim to boost workflow with vitamins, as well as others that are more aesthetically centred...

I'm not trying to be ungrateful, since I know the benefits are all just bonuses on top of my wage, which is all I really signed up for... But it does make me wonder if their motives are purely workflow based! Moulding us into ideal employees by making us healthy, less time off work with illness, and more energy whilst at work! And making us look nice, for obvious reasons...

Any thoughts? & any examples of your own workplace benefits? Do they follow the same pattern?

Cheers all, should be an interesting one!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2020
    Posted: Mar 31, 2020 By: OhhEnnEmm Member since: Nov 6, 2018
  2. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

5,182 1,776
    You get a free mars bar here and if you dont like it you can sling yer hook cause they sold out of snickers
    Hope this helps

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Posted: Mar 31, 2020 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  3. simon field

simon field UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,816 1,766
    Luxury!

We get a thick ear round these parts & we’re grateful for it.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 By: simon field Member since: Feb 4, 2011
  4. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

5,182 1,776
    That's why we will weather this storm better than others
    We have always had it tough :):)

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  5. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,864 1,866
    My main employee benefit is getting out of bed when I like and wandering next door to the office.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015
  6. Alison Moore

Alison Moore UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

572 108
    wow! I've never had any decent benefits anywhere I've worked. Nothing wrong with your employers trying to keep you fit and healthy though - it's a win, win for everyone.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 By: Alison Moore Member since: Aug 4, 2016
  7. OhhEnnEmm

57 5
    I absolutely agree! I do find it very funny in some ways, but it's definitely a win-win! When I'm back to work after all this Covid stuff is over I'm gonna use the discount to get the immuno booster which if you have a read looks pretty interesting, should supposedly give me more energy and in times like this I can see how useful that would be...

I don't think I'm going for any of the aesthetic treatments since it's not the kinda thing I've ever been massively into.. I will keep everyone posted on the immune booster one and see if it does help with my workflow! It will at least give me a little more hope regarding the virus...

Anyone on here ever had it done?

Ta!

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 By: OhhEnnEmm Member since: Nov 6, 2018
  8. OhhEnnEmm

57 5
    I too want this benefit one day:D do you ever find it hard to actually get work done? I've heard people can struggle with the lack of separation between home and work...

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 By: OhhEnnEmm Member since: Nov 6, 2018
  9. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

24,530 2,981
    Some people when they feel good about themselves are better at work.
    Well, better than when they are moaning at work.

Don't think I've had such perks from an employer. Probably wouldn't be interested anyway.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  10. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,864 1,866
    It’s a change of mindset. If n the beginning I actually felt guilty about finishing work when I’d previously have been stuck in traffic

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015