Diversification, how to do it?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Falkirk300zx, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falkirk300zx

Falkirk300zx UKBF Contributor Free Member

55 2
    I currently own a business that is now fully up and running, the company has employees, VAT registered, all insurances etc and is basically now looking after itself.

I am looking at diversification into a new revenue stream which is completely different to my existing company and was wondering on your thoughts on how to set this up (I'm going to talk to my CA but it is a holiday weekend).

The new venture will not meet the VAT threshold but will benefit from reclaiming VAT. As previously stated, the new venture is completely different and the existing business has a task specific name and will confuse people if used for the new venture. One other point is that I will be the financial backer of the new venture and someone else will be the technical backer. I will not split any onwership of the existing company.

Now the easiest solution is to create a new company but is there another way? Could I create a sub division?

Posted: May 2, 2010 By: Falkirk300zx Member since: Mar 20, 2009
  2. MikeJ

MikeJ UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,645 1,611
    Depending on the profit you're making on the first company, you need to read up on Associate Company rules.

Posted: May 2, 2010 By: MikeJ Member since: Jan 15, 2008
  3. Falkirk300zx

Falkirk300zx UKBF Contributor Free Member

55 2
    Profit is usually below £10,000 on the original company.

Posted: May 2, 2010 By: Falkirk300zx Member since: Mar 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.