Director Takes £11m From Football Club

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by TheBlackpoolCopywriter, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captaincloser

captaincloser Banned

2,770 1,130
    Well spotted Earl.I am old enough to remember this rumbling on for years...the toll of this saga is hard to fathom- a real salutory tale of greed,fraud, blackmail,envy, malice..it has everything except a murder.

All those on here who just 'wannamakeloadsamoney' and praise those who do no matter how they do it blah blah blah..should spend more than their cursory two second gnat overview and actually read this from beginning to end...
    http://www.lobster-magazine.co.uk/articles/lob34-03.htm

You are an old goat Earl, but once in a while come up trumps as in this case.

My hat is off to you:):)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
    Posted: Mar 8, 2012 By: captaincloser Member since: Mar 20, 2010
  2. matt seymour

matt seymour UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,073 368
    It doesn't suprise me that this thread has prompted the responses it generally has. This is a business forum and to many money is the be all and end all.

I do have some sympathy with Blackpool fans, but as I understand it, the £11m taken out of the club hasn't left the club on the brink of extinction.

Some people just don't get what football is all about and how important a part a club plays in its community - hence some of the rather unsympathetic responses this thread has prompted. A football club is about so much more than a 90 minute game of football on a Saturday, but only those who follow their LOCAL team will understand that.

As a Portsmouth born Pompey fan, I know only too well how the total mismanagement of a club impacts on the fans and the city itself. Our club plays a big part in the local community with all manner of different projects and events that are held throughout the year.

Try telling the Pompey fans who have been staying behind in the ground singing their hearts out for more than 2 hours after the final whistle that their football club isn't important.

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 By: matt seymour Member since: Jan 5, 2011
  3. internetspaceships

internetspaceships Banned Full Member

6,981 2,328
    4 hours ago you pulled me up, and I replied and asked you the question above.

Still no response. So, where are we on this? Was there something you wanted me to address?

*smiles sweetly and bats eyelashes*

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 By: internetspaceships Member since: Sep 7, 2009
  4. captaincloser

captaincloser Banned

2,770 1,130
    Suggest a read of Earls posted article from Lobster.

Remember Saxondale and his never-ending posts requesting evidence ?...that's what this is turning into.

I know when I am beaten Mr Spaceship.

(and it's not this time):)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  5. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend Free Member

29,807 6,643
    Oh after a longish life I have found that if you scratch the surface of very wealthy business people ,you are as likely as not to find a funny smell in most cases.;)

Earl

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  6. internetspaceships

6,981 2,328
    You called me out. I stepped up and asked you to bring me what you wanted clarifying. You then ran off and when questioned started quoting semantics.

That's somehow my fault? Get real....

7. captaincloser

captaincloser Banned

2,770 1,130
    This is an internet forum...how could you know if I have run off or remained glued to my screen awaiting the next installment ? Or just maybe I was working...

I don't think it is possible to quote semantics...one 'uses' semantics..we all do it seems.

Now I am going out for a meal and if anyone says 'take it or leave it' whilst I am out i'll know its you.:)

8. internetspaceships

6,981 2,328
    Haha. Whatever........

9. andygambles

andygambles UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,628 688
    Can we define excessive?

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 By: andygambles Member since: Jun 17, 2009
  10. sirearl

29,807 6,643
    More than one needs or deserves see Wayne Rooney::)

Earl

11. bdw

bdw Banned

6,568 1,269
    Excessive hair? ;)

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 By: bdw Member since: Aug 13, 2008
  12. internetspaceships

6,981 2,328
    "He's got more than me.

Mwahahaha I'm gonna cry. Must be a con or undeserving. Must sl*g him off because it's not fair"

Get a grip guys....

13. sirearl

29,807 6,643
    Is it not strange that people seem to be quick to criticize the poorer members of society.

But seem to hold the wealthy in some esteem even to the point of hero whorship.

Now whats that about?:|

Earl

14. bdw

bdw Banned

6,568 1,269
    Association! ;)

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 By: bdw Member since: Aug 13, 2008
  15. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy UKBF Legend Staff Member

20,433 7,050
    Football association :p

OK I'll get my coat.

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
  16. internetspaceships

6,981 2,328
    The bit I don't get is this. We're on a forum for business owners and managers. I actually do believe that people who don't do what we do are equally as important in the scheme of things, and if you read between the lines a lot of us have grown up from having absolutely nothing.

You can include me in that group.

If I wanted to bemoan the lot of the unemployed and the underprivileged and the evil nastiness of how people were unable to crawl up from the gutter then I'd go and do it on a forum designed for something completely different to the goals of this one.

There are plenty of consumer based help group forums designed for that. This forum is designed for something completely different. It's designed to help and motivate people who want to go beyond the norm.

17. matt seymour

matt seymour UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,073 368
    To be honest, I have very little respect for those who have made obscene amounts of money. In many cases, they are so far up their own backsides as a result it's difficult have any kind of respect for them.

I guess it depends on how you look at life, but I don't look up to people who have dedicated their entire lives to making money.

Posted: Mar 8, 2012 By: matt seymour Member since: Jan 5, 2011
  18. sirearl

29,807 6,643
    Laddie you can put most of your good fortune down to the fact that you inherited certain genes.

Some people are not so lucky.

Life is a game of chance and should we penalise those that draw the short straw.?

Earl

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  19. bdw

bdw Banned

6,568 1,269
    :|:|:|

Is it really? First I heard that one. ;)

:|:|:|

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 By: bdw Member since: Aug 13, 2008
  20. Banned

Banned Banned

1,899 768
    Well, I'll bet there are a number of forums for the unemployed, or at least frequented by them (apparently they are dead zones during Jeremy Kyle). I'll also bet that on there they will be constantly criticising employers, and to a far greater degree that what has been said on here about the great unwashed.

I don't have time to find one now (far to busy :p), but next week lets find one and a couple of us pop along there as employers/self-employed and see how it goes.

Horses for courses, and this isn't the forum for supporting the unemployed, because those on here that employ people are already doing their bit. And those that don't employ are, probably, working long hard hours to keep the money coming in rather than taking benefits. Makes it difficult to be sympathetic.

Earl - Can you explain how we penalize those that "draw the short straw", by making sure they have a roof over their head, and are fed and watered. By giving their children an education? Trouble is today the word "poverty" has been redefined beyond all recognition.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
    Posted: Mar 9, 2012 By: Banned Member since: Nov 22, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.