Director of limited company need help with Maternity.

Discussion in 'Websites & Ecommerce' started by Era, Jul 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Era

Era UKBF Newcomer

19 2
    Hello,

I am the director of small e-commerce, it is a limited company that deals with selling clothing.
    I happen to have launched my company a year ago but started trading concretely just a few weeks ago.
    I have done my Self-Assessment and Filed my company Tax Returns in March- did not need to use an accountant, as there was no Positive profit, only negative, as we invested in the creation of our clothing line-took ages, and manufacturer tried to fool us around.
    I am now pregnant, and during the Lockdown, I tried to figure out my Taxes, Duties, Pension and Sick pay/Maternity pay.
    Needless to say, I have contacted HMRC and National Insurance Number Contribution Helpline over hundreds of time, but they would transfer my call to someone else-endlessly.
    Is there anyone who can help me with my this:

1- am I entitled to receive any Maternity pay if I am a director of a limited company?
    2- If my company has just started trading, and I have not paid any NIN contributions in my last Self-Assessment, what can I do?
    3- I tried calling National Insurance Number Contribution Helpline, because I wanted to voluntarily pay my contributions, and I have been told by whoever answered the call that I did not result as registered for self-employment (which is absurd, as I have filled my self-assessment, and HMRC confirmed me the official date they hold in their records where I started being Self-employed). What do I do?

I am trying in every way I can to get hold of these problems, but now almost close to my due date, have been unable to get a solution to these problems.

Is there anyone who has had a similar problem?
    Can anyone direct me in any way?

Many thanks

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 By: Era Member since: Sep 21, 2018
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend

28,599 3,559
    You are employed by your company.
    SMP is paid if you qualify - you have checked about the dates you were employed and the qualifying week?

Maternity allowance is paid if you don't qualify for SMP - has to be claimed from government. MA1 form as I recall.

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.