Delivery Duty Paid (DDP) - Couriers recommendations

Discussion in 'International Business' started by LCB, Mar 30, 2021.

1. LCB

LCB UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi,
    My UK-based small business exports to the EU (average order value: £90).

We are looking for a courier that offers Delivery Duty Paid (DDP) service.
    Does anyone have recommendations?

I read in a previous thread that Royal Mail planned on offering it (I cannot post the link).

Are there any other options? Ideally with a courier that actually delivers the parcels (we had massive issues with UPS lately).

Thank you.

Posted: Mar 30, 2021 By: LCB Member since: Oct 13, 2017
  2. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

5,809 2,116
    The problems you had with UPS will probably be no different than the problems that you would have with other companies shipping to the EU at the moment .

I would stick with UPS Fedex

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  3. MBE2017

MBE2017 UKBF Ace Free Member

2,276 880
    Have you spoken to UPS regarding your recent problems? They are certainly one of the better quality big boys out there, IMO. Rates tend to be competitive as well, doubt you will do much better.

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 By: MBE2017 Member since: Feb 16, 2017
  4. Mike Godwin

Mike Godwin UKBF Regular Free Member

162 42
    Just to repeat a previous post regarding the current state of the courier industry. There are global problems and challenges facing all couriers, airlines and shipping lines just now and I would suggest all couriers are experiencing the same.

A combination of the global pandemic and Brexit (for Europe) has disrupted global supply chains, the likes of which we've never seen before. Many freight companies are not answering phone calls, emails with an almost 'head in the sand' approach to the crisis amid reports of staff walking out of their jobs due to the stress of all this. Fewer planes are flying and fewer ships are sailing meaning schedules are constantly changing and prices are soaring, with space limited.

As an example of the problems facing the courier industry, it's been reported that UPS Germany has on average,10,000 parcels arriving daily but only has the capacity to handle 400 customs clearances per day. On top of this they are working through a 140,000 kg backlog of parcels in their depots, dating back to Jan 1st. Its also been reported that management and senior staff are out in vans delivering parcels trying to help solve the problem.

I could go on and on but you get the picture.......it really is chaotic at the moment everywhere, so be very cautious when thinking about switching couriers.

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 By: Mike Godwin Member since: Mar 27, 2018
  5. The Soup Dragon

The Soup Dragon UKBF Regular Free Member

201 7
    We have stopped using UPS at present even for domestic due to too many issues. We have had no issues with DHL when sending either DAP or DDP

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 By: The Soup Dragon Member since: May 13, 2013
  6. Trisha&ChrisPlant

Trisha&ChrisPlant UKBF Regular Full Member

314 114
    I have been using Norsk Global for the past three years and have found them pretty reliable and competitively priced.
    https://norsk.global/

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 By: Trisha&ChrisPlant Member since: Feb 6, 2012