Degrafik Credit Crunch Special UKBF Offers!

Discussion in 'Yorkshire & Humberside' started by dame, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLF

SLF UKBF Newcomer Free Member

706 151
    I am pointing out that both sides failed however you keep defending damion AND at the same time making out the customer here shouldn't be using the forum to make contact, so if you will make out the customer is wrong I will when necessary also leap to his defence because of what YOU are saying.

I was neutral for the seller and the buyer's issue - im not neutral on your views though!

Had damion just called up his customer the same day (a working one, and no excuses - he was free to talk I know that much) these posts would not exist.

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 By: SLF Member since: May 21, 2008
  2. bizideas

bizideas UKBF Regular Full Member

299 17
    100% and that was my aim until Mike started asking lots of questions and me feeling as though I had to answer them.

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 By: bizideas Member since: May 24, 2006
  3. SLF

SLF UKBF Newcomer Free Member

706 151
    well do let us know how it pans out; there's no reason damion cant contact you by monday and agree a way to close on this episode.

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 By: SLF Member since: May 21, 2008
  4. Calibre Designs

Calibre Designs UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,868 352
    Is it me or am I the only one that is uncomfortable with this thread?

BizIdeas did simply ask Dame to make contact with regard to a project. Nothing strange with that. He may have missed the post or chose to ignore it. Either way - it spiraled out of control. A situation that could have been fixed with a phone call but now it has gone sour.

There is nothing that a simple phone call would not fix.

Other points :

- Being paid up front does not mean that you are given less priority! What nonsense...
    - Starting a project without a satisfactory brief or understanding should never happen...That is like saying "thanks for the money - what do you want me to do?"
    - Its a designer's job to draw out the thoughts from the client's mind if they are finding it difficult to compile a brief which is not uncommon.

I can only hope that you can resolve this amicably.

Thats a good offer Dame. You have a nice portfolio behind you.

Kay

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 By: Calibre Designs Member since: Sep 12, 2007
  5. Network Yorkshire

Network Yorkshire UKBF Newcomer Free Member

650 49
    I didnt say that being paid up front meant that you are given less priority! i was suggesting that you run the potential risk of this in this situation i.e. you've chatted to someone on the internet and agreed to pay them up front for something, a risk that it is suggested has been realised i.e. the client not feeling like they got what they paid up front for.........

Mistakes have been made on both sides and i guess the point I was trying to make is that a public forum isnt always the best place to bring the issue up until all avanues have been explored toward a resolution as there is always the danger of reputations being damaged intentionally or otherwise....

I also hope that the situation is resolved amicably and agree that Damion has a nice portfolio of work behind him. As I mentioned earlier the stuff he's done for us (that we paid for after the work was complete) was of a high standard on time and on budget.........

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
    Posted: Mar 8, 2009 By: Network Yorkshire Member since: Jan 28, 2009
  6. bizideas

299 17
    I hope this situation is fully resolved and what I will say is lets hope this is a one off. Damion does have some nice set of work in his portfolio pages, so don't let this thread put you off as you will find that a number of Damions customers are very happy with work he has produced.

Mark

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 By: bizideas Member since: May 24, 2006
  7. dame

dame UKBF Newcomer Free Member

299 6
    I have sent you second email Mark with regards to the design work, I hope you receive it this time?

Damion.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 By: dame Member since: Jun 22, 2005
  8. bizideas

299 17
    E-mail recieved Damion, many thanks. I have also replied with briefs.

Regards

Mark

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 By: bizideas Member since: May 24, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.