Degrafik Credit Crunch Special UKBF Offers!

Discussion in 'Yorkshire & Humberside' started by dame, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Network Yorkshire

Network Yorkshire UKBF Newcomer Free Member

650 49
    So in effect you gave a brief for two designs...

Two designs were delivered...

It's only cost you £70!

Most designers would have charged you a lot more in my experience....

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 By: Network Yorkshire Member since: Jan 28, 2009
  2. bizideas

bizideas UKBF Regular Full Member

299 17
    Incorrect, lets just say I have not recieved what was agreed.

I am not hear to name and shame against someone just for the sake of it, I was unable to get in contact with Damion and unfortunately this was the only method to get my message across.

I made payment upfront for his services in which he rightfully knows he did not fulfill.

Go back to my first post on this thread, he did have an opportunity to get in touch with me prior to me adding following posts?

Mark

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
    Posted: Mar 7, 2009 By: bizideas Member since: May 24, 2006
  3. bizideas

299 17
    Agree 100% good designers would have charged alot more..

4. Network Yorkshire

650 49
    Ok, what was agreed?

5. bizideas

299 17
    Mike,

I will leave it here and don't wish to discuss any further, especially with yourself.

If Damion wants to discuss? He has my mobile number, e-mail, UKBF PM and my MSN and I will be more than happy to chat to him, infact I would really appreciate him contacting me.

Cheers

Mark

6. Network Yorkshire

650 49
    In all fairness you started this conversation with regard to Damion, hijacking his special offer thread, I was simply trying to get to the bottom of what happened in order that you guys could find a mutually benificial resolution....

Would of been nice to end it in that manner after you came onto a forum, assassinate his professionalism, and then decide you don't want to talk about it!?

7. SLF

SLF UKBF Newcomer Free Member

706 151
    "That said, I would never pay for something like this up front as with all the good will in the world your work runs the risk of becoming less of a priority..."

Mike, you are seriously not suggesting that when one pays up front, your custom takes a priority dive? That's a terrible viewpoint and very wrong.

There was a problem on both sides here and both with communication. Damion failed to insist upon a brief before proceeding. If he failed to get one he should have simply returned the £50 (not £70, as i'm reading there were £20 bank charges??).

The customer would then have either got his money back or given a brief to him. Both failed to make their side clear, its just a lesson for both to learn.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 By: SLF Member since: May 21, 2008
  8. Network Yorkshire

650 49
    I am suggesting that in this type of situation it's prudent to pay when you've reeived the service you've commissioned...

With regard to your other points i'm inclined to agree and was hoping we could come to a resolution that ended without the bad feeling that had been generated, as it was in danger of being a thread that was hijacked and had become a character assasination....

9. bizideas

299 17
    After noticing this was an active post from Damion, my initial aim was to ensure he was aware I was wanting to discuss an outstanding issue with him and not as you describe above.
    When you feel as though you have lost £70, do you just sit back and hope it will magically appear?

Check my first post I made on this thread, please.

Mark

10. SLF

706 151
    what do you mean 'in this type of situation'?

I mean, what is so unique and different about ordering a £50 logo via a forum? People pay up front for bespoke work that's nothing new, and a heck of a lot more than £50 let me tell you.

11. SLF

706 151
    The down side to advertising on a public discussion forum is that you need to ensure nothin comes back to bite you on the bum.

I dont blame you for coming here if 'dame' was avoiding your calls and emails. You only asked him to contatc you regarding work o/s. That was pretty tame IMO - i'd have been quite hacked off if it was me not getting replies for something I paid for. If dame thought he had done the work, he should have replied to that effect.

12. Network Yorkshire

650 49
    Of course not...

But let me ask you this. What happens if Damion gets in touch, you sort the problem out, you end up as a satifsfied customer?

Are you able to then go back and undo the public slating his business has had on his own thread?

'In this situation' means that I personally would ask for the work to be done and invoiced for it....

13. SLF

706 151
    oh come on Mike..... that's a weak response if ever I heard one, it sounds desperate.

This customer didn't say anything, he asked Damion to contact him...and he didnt, what do you expect. Check the dates of the posts.

...and don't ruin your own credibility defending someone who at least played a failing part in this. He knew he had no brief but went ahead anyway. He must have known it wasnt a good idea and not normal to proceed without a brief....and not professional.

14. bizideas

299 17
    Okay, so do I just cut my losses now and walk away from it.

He had the perfect opportunity to get in touch with me on a number of occasions, I am most definately sure I would have if it was my business!

I went to Damion because I liked his work on the site plus I have spoken to him for a long time on MSN. Don't get me wrong the 2 designs which he has provided me with are decent and I am happy with them as he knows, its the rest of the agreement which he is fully aware which I wanted to discuss. I have not once slated his poor design work on here but I have discussed that I am awaiting paid for work.

Mark

15. SLF

706 151
    If he asked you for a brief and you didnt supply one, maybe he felt it was dificult to continue working with you on more designs, but he could have emailed you to say so and given a part refund, maybe half even? If he agreed 4 different designs for £50 then thats what you should have got but im presumin he would and could only do them properly with a design brief in hand.

you get what you pay for. a proper designer would have charged you well beyond £200 and demanded a brief or not proceeded. Long chats on msn mean nothing. They do not result in long lasting fruitful relationships. Its just words, its not the way to build a relationships.

16. Network Yorkshire

650 49
    lol once again i'm defending common sense and just trying to see a resolution found that means both parties can walk away with THEIR, not my, credibility intact....

Why is it a weak response!? It's simply a fact, and what if anything am I desperate for might i ask??....

I have checked the dates and there's a 24hr gap between please get in touch and why haven't you got in touch etc etc

I absolutely agree that Damion played a part in this but if someone who had done work for you to a high standard, on time, and on budget you would choose to defend their record from your perspective....

My point is simply that a publice forum isnt the right place to persue this type of issue until all other routes have been exhausted as you are in danger of in advertently damaging someones credibility over something that could be sorted out quite easily.....

17. SLF

706 151
    And Damion had exactly that. Hes not new to forums, he knows the game of how they work, come on mike.

he said he would respond and it's not like he hasn't been available to make contact ;)

but if a customer has to use a forum to get him to respond because mike, he has been avoiding telephone calls and emails and msn contact, and then damion replies and says he will contatcb him, and then STILLL doesnt, im just more surprised now at you than damion himself for thinking that it's ok!

18. bizideas

299 17
    Yep agree but I have even rang his mobile to get in touch, trying MSN never worked, e-mail reply never worked so I tried asking him to contact me via an active thread, which never worked.

C'mon Mike, I ain't done this for the sake of doing it!

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 By: bizideas Member since: May 24, 2006
  19. Network Yorkshire

650 49
    You started out trying to sound like a neutral but have chosen to take a pot shot at me instead of simply dealing with the issue being discussed.....

I'll leave you guys to argue it out in public.............

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
    Posted: Mar 8, 2009 By: Network Yorkshire Member since: Jan 28, 2009
  20. bizideas

299 17
    I don't want to aruge this out in public, I want him to contact me.

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 By: bizideas Member since: May 24, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.