Customer says invoices aren't theirs

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Rothiequine, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rothiequine

Rothiequine UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi all

I run a construction company in Aberdeenshire, we recently branched out into property maintenance and have been doing a lot of work for a company in Glasgow. They are not the best of payers but recently they have said that invoices from October should have been sent directly to the household not to them, it has taken them 10 months to let us know this!! Anyway I thought that as they contracted us to do the work, we should invoice them and if it is the householder that should pay then they claim the money back. Do we have a legal leg to stand on?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as they now owe us in excess of £11K which is a huge amount of money by anyones standards.

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 By: Rothiequine Member since: Aug 20, 2013
  2. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Legend Full Member

9,985 4,062
    10 months!!!?? Are you nuts? Are you saying that you are waiting 10 months for your money?

I bet, if you approached those households, they would tell you that they settled with the Glasgow company ages ago! It's just a feeling I get!

They are just giving you the run-around!

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  3. Rothiequine

Rothiequine UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Unfortunately yes, despite threats of legal action. They have basically ignored the October invoices and paid the more recent ones, because they do pay some invoices the debt collection agency I use have told us we shouldn't proceed with legal action!

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 By: Rothiequine Member since: Aug 20, 2013
  4. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

14,300 3,783
    Perhaps you need a new debt collection agency!

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.