Customer Satisfaction Questionairre

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by blackandwhite1986, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackandwhite1986

blackandwhite1986 UKBF Regular

589 55
    I need to pose some short and sweet questions to my key accounts based on "how would you rate....? good, average or poor etc".

Has anyone got any decent suggestions?

For a bit of background we are a B2B manufacturing company operating in the electronics industry.

Cheers in advance.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 By: blackandwhite1986 Member since: Jan 3, 2008
  2. NAB

NAB UKBF Newcomer

10 3
    We have tried a number of these. We now send a version out by email after purchase and with our newsletter as a way to keep our name in front of them.

We keep the question set very short and general such as "Please rate the level of service you have received over the duration of your policy" but if they tick poor, it asks them to give more detail as there is no use in just being told you are rubbish without knowing what it is so you can sort it out. Obviously this happens only very, very rarely ;)

We also have a general comments and suggestions box and it surprises me as to how many people fill this in.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 By: NAB Member since: Jul 17, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. RapidBI

RapidBI UKBF Newcomer

203 2
    Hi
    depending on how many customers you are talking about, I would be tempted to invite them to a lunch and discuss matters in details, rather than a faceless questionnaire, however if you are talking about a lot of customers >20 then a questionnaire is the way to go.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 By: RapidBI Member since: Jun 2, 2006
  4. blackandwhite1986

589 55
    cheers mike,

we are looking at a lot of customers across the entire UK so I think a questionnaire is the best option

5. suemaddock

suemaddock UKBF Newcomer

51 8
    I would be a little careful of the good, average and poor for two reasons:

1. You want to know if they are satisfied or not with your services and products. They may know that you are good but you are not satisfying a particular requirement. I know it is a fine line but it is a much more personal question to them if you ask whether THEY are satisfied.

2. A three point scale (good, average, poor) makes it difficult for people to complete if they are just a little dissatisfied, or quite happy but not completely. These people would tend to just hit average and you would think all was OK. On the satisfied scale try "completely satisfied", "somewhat satisfied", "somewhat dissatisfied" and "completely dissatisfied". The four point scale will force them one way or another and indicate to you much clearer if there are improvements that need to be made (anything other than a "completely satisfied" means there is something they are not thoroughly happy with!

As Nab said the box for them to give further information is crucial, along with a general comments box (if they are completely satisfied they can put their positive comments in and it is a great source of testimonials).

With regard to the questions to include make sure you put in one that asks for their overall experience of your company and products - this catches anything you may have missed. Other questions could include:

• Level of satisfaction with the quality of the product
    • Level of satisfaction with the features on the product (great for giving you ideas of how you can develop your product further)
    • Level of satisfaction with the service
    • Level of satisfaction with the value for money
    Four to five questions is enough plus the "catch-all" box.

The thing to remember is that reality does not matter in business - you may be the best, but if your customers do not perceive this to be the case then you will never command that position. So make sure you ask the questions that get down to how they perceive you.

Hope this helps
    Sue

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 By: suemaddock Member since: Jun 27, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. tcg

tcg UKBF Regular

219 46
    It also depends on how you want to use and analyse the answers. If you are looking for trends then ticking boxes are a good what to do it. It is also easier for the person taking the survey. If however you are looking for specifics some open ended questions thrown in are important and will give you a much better indication.

Questions such as (tailored to your business and objectives)

In your opinion, what is our unique selling point?
    If you could pick an area in which we could improve our service what would it be? Why?
    How could we improve our ordering service? etc.

I understand that you said short and sweet, however in my experience multiple choice questions are good for picking up trends and you have to factor in a margin of error due to the often impersonal and often rushed or unconsidered manner in which they are answered.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 By: tcg Member since: May 3, 2007
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. blackandwhite1986

589 55
    thanks Alasdair and Sue, there is some real food for thought there.

I have taken pointers from both of your posts as I was thinking by and large along your lines.

8. vineetthomas

vineetthomas UKBF Newcomer

25 3
    Hi,

We do have few people who call them up to get the feedback and suggestions and it works.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 By: vineetthomas Member since: Nov 13, 2007
  9. blackandwhite1986

589 55
    Our Sales team by and large call once a month and the customer will also receive some literature once a month. Our customers say they are happy with this arrangement and we get a pretty good gauge of how our customers rate us month by month.

The questionnaire is mainly to "round off" the year and either confirm what we have been told so we can decide what we do next or expose something that we have completely missed so we can act accordingly.

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 By: blackandwhite1986 Member since: Jan 3, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.