General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Craft Beer Marketplace

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by WorkingGuy, Oct 13, 2020.

1. WorkingGuy

WorkingGuy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi there everyone!

I have recently been thinking about creating a website on which local and national craft breweries can list their beers and ciders for sale. It would essentially be one big marketplace on which different breweries and suppliers can list their beers. The business plan would work by charging the brewery a small yearly fee to post their products on the site as well as a small commission for each sale made.

I have completed some initial market research and as far as I can tell, no such site exists within the UK at the moment. I have managed to find sites for many individual sellers but none for one whole marketplace with many on. I was just posting to enquire whether or not anyone else has had any ideas similar to this or knows of any other sites that are offering a similar service who currently control the market.

Any advice or additional comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Sam

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 By: WorkingGuy Member since: Aug 7, 2020
  2. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,965 1,945
    Who would you anticipate your end user/ buyer to be?

This would fundamentally affect things like discounts & delivery expectations

Have you spoken to any small craft brewers? Many are onstrained in supply by both overheads and tax issues - hence excess capacity may not be an issue to them.

In order to get paying brewers, you would need to demonstate market awareness.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015
  3. ethical PR

ethical PR UKBF Legend Free Member

7,360 1,602
    Posted: Oct 15, 2020 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009
  4. Naheed Mir

Naheed Mir UKBF Contributor Free Member

95 8
    That will be great to have a website on which local and national craft breweries can list their beers and ciders for sale. It's a good idea to charge an annual fee from them but keep in mind about taxes and other costs. You will also have a tough time and will require an effort to promote your website to attract buyers and sellers.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 By: Naheed Mir Member since: Aug 10, 2020