Couriers sending to EU - delivery delays?

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Businessowner233, Feb 17, 2021.

1. 2JP

2JP UKBF Contributor Free Member

92 7
    Depends on destination. Some destinations still have economy option (e.g. USA). I assumed the priority only option for other destinations was a business move to increase price thus potentially decreasing the number of packages processed and relieve some stress from COVID impact, while maintaining turnover.

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 By: 2JP Member since: Dec 10, 2017
  2. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

5,565 1,992
    Plus all the carriers piggy back freight on passenger flights .
    The ones that are parked on the runway with covers over the engines now :):)

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  3. JEREMY HAWKE

5,565 1,992
    So we can conclude from the info supplied by the membership that leaving the EU has made no difference to shipments to and from the EU what so ever
    It is just that the couriers have got more useless :):):):):eek::eek::eek::eek:

Expect the unexpected and this issue has been no exception

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  4. japancool

japancool UKBF Big Shot Full Member

3,749 716
    I'm told BA at least are reconfiguring their passenger planes for freight. Not sure about anyone else.

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 By: japancool Member since: Jul 11, 2013
  5. JEREMY HAWKE

5,565 1,992
    Its a strange one to get your head around and there is never any rhyme or reason

example
    I assumed that DHL flew a cargo plane every night between East Midlands and Amsterdam .
    I only discovered a few weeks ago when a customer queried something that this flight is just once a week and the rest of the time it goes on passenger flights

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  6. 2JP

92 7
    This is why there are delays across the board. I expect FedEx does the same. Plus, couriers are probably having to deal with a lot of customer confusion and interaction, temporary staff, fewer staff, and the higher service level providers such as DHL and FedEx are probably getting a lot more customers as the cheaper carriers cope even worse.

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 By: 2JP Member since: Dec 10, 2017
  7. 2JP

92 7
    edit - deleted

8. 2JP

92 7
    I expect that there has been a heck of a lot more time taken up with customer service regarding the collection of VAT and duties re Brexit. Lots of packages will have been queried, refused, returned, etc. I cannot comment on EU deliveries simply because we haven't made any yet this year. One must remember that very few people post anything useful on this forum. Information is money to many businesses and they don't want to give that away. I have noticed that a lot of people come to this forum with questions, but very few stick around to provide useful information.