Countries to export used car parts to

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Dir, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dir

Dir UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    First of all hello to everybody who is reading this.

To begin with I would like to start a discussion or just read people opinions about exporting used car parts abroad from UK.

As we all know United Kingdom is already exporting huge amounts of car's and used car parts. So I am really interested which countries are the best choice to do it. As far as I have read best countries to export is African, Middle East or few South Asian countries. But it's always interesting to hear where also people tend to export.

So I would really appreciate to get any information or your opinions related to this topic.

Thank you for reading,
    Tom

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 By: Dir Member since: Feb 29, 2016
  2. IanG

IanG UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

965 203
    I am in this sector and mine go all over the world via Ebay so I don't generally choose.

Used to do a bit to Ghana via a contact over there but getting sterling back out was always a challenge, electronic money transfers typically had ridiculous fees or if you wanted to do it cash you'd wait weeks for enough actual banknotes to become available.

Demand certainly there but that's only half the story, you still need to get paid.

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 By: IanG Member since: May 8, 2011
  3. Wavecrest Ltd

Wavecrest Ltd UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

732 135
    From our experience they go all over the world including Eastern Europe but we also regularly ship to New Zealand. Not only car parts but also part for commercial vehicles such as trucks and buses.

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 By: Wavecrest Ltd Member since: Oct 31, 2007
  4. kevin_nguyen

kevin_nguyen UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 0
    In my country (Vietnam), the thieves often choose the luxury cars such as BMW-Mercedes-Range Rover to steal the logo, car mirror then the victims have to pay a lot of money to buy the new ones.

Posted: Mar 5, 2016 By: kevin_nguyen Member since: Aug 18, 2011
  5. RBS

RBS UKBF Ace Free Member

2,644 326
    Once thing I can tell - don`t look into Eastern European countries like Poland, Lithuania, Latvia - they theymselves drive out trailers full of cars out from UK to their countries and break them for parts there.

Posted: Mar 5, 2016 By: RBS Member since: Jul 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.