Cosmetics distributions

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by JustinaOls, Feb 11, 2019.

1. JustinaOls

JustinaOls UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 1
    Hi. I am starting my buissnes mid March, I will be selling some products in shopping center, in pernament market stall. One of the items that I will be selling/trading under my logo,will be some natural. cosmetic, which I will be importing from EU. My quastion is, as a distributor of the cosmetics, I have to put my details on labels, since I am self employed, and I don't want to put my private Adress what is my alternatives in regards to Adress?!? Just put distributed by ( name) and Web Adress? Please help

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 By: JustinaOls Member since: Feb 11, 2019
  2. pelparc

pelparc UKBF Regular Free Member

265 34
    Currently if your are importing from the EU you shouldn't need to but your details on the packaging as long as it is certified in the EU and has the responsible manufacture/importers details on the packaging. If importing from outside the EU then you are responsible to make sure the product is safe for use and test certification is required for each product. In a few weeks all this could be different with no receptacle agreements in place, who know what the rules will be. It would be impractical to impose a blanket ban on all non certified in the UK products so i would expect at worse a slow phasing in of any new rules.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 By: pelparc Member since: Apr 10, 2017
  3. JustinaOls

6 1
    Thank you. IT is certificated product within EU. By manufacturer / distributer details do you mean both addresses of the manufacturer and distributor? Thanks in advance!

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 By: JustinaOls Member since: Feb 11, 2019
  4. pelparc

pelparc UKBF Regular Free Member

265 34
    The responsible person/organisation that holds the product information pack (testing and ingredient information) is the contact details that need to be on the packaging. The idea is that if there is a medical emergency the product information can be found. If importing from outside the EU, then the person that imports the item becomes responsible for certification. When we leave the EU then as the rules stand you will be responsible for certification although i wouldn't think it would take effect immediately. If you are concerned then perhaps you should try and find a British manufacture.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 By: pelparc Member since: Apr 10, 2017
  5. JustinaOls

6 1
    Thank you. Can I ask you what do you think. I want to use my logo and Web adress on the product (private labeling) along with manufactur info, do I need to fallow any other legislation process apart of setting on arrangement (permission) with manufacter?

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 By: JustinaOls Member since: Feb 11, 2019
  6. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

16,716 1,859
    Insurance?
    May want to know its private label.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017