Config Product Error

Discussion in 'Magento Support' started by owas, Jul 20, 2017.

1. owas

owas UKBF Ace Free Member

1,393 252
    Hi,
    Any suggestions much appreciated as I cant seem to get to the bottom of this one. All our configurable products are showing all sizes and colours in the front end even though we haven't even created some of these options.

So for example we have created the simple products

red shirt small
    red shirt lagre
    green shirt small

Now the config product will show these but and also green shirt large. Then when a customer selects this options the message appears Please specify the product's option(s). I've done all the the usual checks, and checked again just cant seem to figure this one out. I am using version 1.9

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 By: owas Member since: Jan 3, 2010
  2. Mark_Taylor_

Mark_Taylor_ UKBF Regular Free Member

207 54
    Have you re-indexed all?

So its adding the large green to the dropdown even though you've not added it to the options for that product?

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 By: Mark_Taylor_ Member since: Jul 10, 2017
  3. Mark_Taylor_

207 54
    Have you checked the relevant database tables?.. i think its these
    • catalog_product_relation
    • catalog_product_super_attribute

4. owas

1,393 252
    "Have you re-indexed all?
    So its adding the large green to the dropdown even though you've not added it to the options for that product?"

It is, but I have not even created this product?

5. Mark_Taylor_

207 54
    If you have Database access, have you looked through those tables i mentioned above? If so did you notice any unusual product relationships?

Have you tried creating a new product and see it it happens to that also?

6. owas

1,393 252
    Just checked those tables and compared them to another store which is working fine and they seem fine. Still applies to new products and have re indexed all.

7. Mark_Taylor_

207 54
    Do you have a dev site? if so have you tried disabling all 3rd party modules (if you have any running) and seeing if that fixes anything.
    Are you using an object cache such as APC or Varnish, also do you use memcache or similar?

I can't work out how these products are even linked if those tables are normal, i'd expect to see the parent with links to the incorrect children products somewhere.

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 By: Mark_Taylor_ Member since: Jul 10, 2017
  8. pablodiablo74

pablodiablo74 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Like Mark, I would be interested in see the dev site to see what was going on.

Posted: Aug 7, 2017 By: pablodiablo74 Member since: Aug 7, 2017
  9. Countrymun

Countrymun UKBF Contributor Free Member

82 14
    We had a problem similar to this - although not quite the same. Some of our products have a length and a girth - previously magento showed only the girths available for a certain length
    But after upgrading to 1.9 and installing a new theme, it then showed every girth we offer with every length. We tried a few things but eventually paid a developer to sort it - he said the original site had been customised to deal with the issue.

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 By: Countrymun Member since: Sep 13, 2014