Company dissolved bank frozen heeeeelp.

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Sima0710, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Sima0710

Sima0710 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi all, looking for some advice please. Received a call today from my wholesalers today informing me that my company has become insolvent!!! Went to make an online bank payment and my bank account has been frozen.
    I have spoken to companies House as it was completely my own fault for not keeping up with my paperwork, and the reason it's been dissolved is I haven't filled an annual statement.
    My company is still trading and I'm going to fill out all required forms as told by companies House ( although the woman I spoke to wasn't very knowledgeable ). They said 10 days from them receiving the forms it should all be active again.
    Is their any fast track / waiver for getting access to my bank account? As I have wages to pay / bills to pay and a substantial amount of money in there. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 By: Sima0710 Member since: Dec 6, 2018
  2. STDFR33

STDFR33 UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,571 867
    It's not as simple as filing the return.

You can't file a return for a company that no longer exists.

You will need to have the company restored before you can file the annual statement.

It will certainly take longer than 10 days.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 By: STDFR33 Member since: Aug 7, 2016
  3. Sima0710

Sima0710 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi, thanks.

I was advised by companies House today to send an rt01 and confirmation statement together along with payment and expect to wait up to 10 days. Although he couldn't give any help / advice on how to get access to the funds any quicker.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 By: Sima0710 Member since: Dec 6, 2018
  4. Martin Patfield

Martin Patfield UKBF Newcomer Free Member

14 2
    Forgive my naivety but surely trying to gain access to your bank account you should be ringing your banking provider and not Companies House?

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 By: Martin Patfield Member since: May 3, 2018
  5. Gordon - Commercial Finance

Gordon - Commercial Finance UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

896 227
    If the bank is frozen because the company has been dissolved then the bank certainly won't be able to do anything at this late stage.
    Your naivety is forgiven though.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 By: Gordon - Commercial Finance Member since: Jun 26, 2017
  6. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

10,601 1,110
    Figure sometime next year to access your money. Your bank will have frozen funds then will send the money to its new owner, the crown.
    And any bank action expect to be slowed down by the upcoming bank holidays and short working week.

Your company has been killed after multiple reminders. Offhand at least 4 I can think of, maybe more.
    It can be resurrected, it can eventually get its money back from the crown solicitor.

Question is, can you trade while the company is dead? Can you do anything before you get access to the funds out of your own pocket?

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  7. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

10,601 1,110
    After first resurrecting the company if wanting the company name on the bank account.
    Personal account of course no limit besides what the bank has.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 11:46 AM By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  8. Lisa Thomas

Lisa Thomas UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

2,457 297
    Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 12:19 PM By: Lisa Thomas Member since: Apr 20, 2015
  9. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

3,512 1,127
    How can it get to this stage ? You get more than enough warning
    As I starting reading this I was expecting to read that the company had been made bankrupt by a third party but it is simply down to very poor house keeping :confused:

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 6:30 PM By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008