Company credit card agreement

Discussion in 'Legal' started by servicebase, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. servicebase

servicebase UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hello everyone..

We've got a company credit card that was sort of bolted on to our account. No one remembers filling out an application form. Do we have any rights to request the agreement? I know section 75 wont apply but is there another act.

I'm not trying to not pay but i need to look at the paperwork

thanks

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 By: servicebase Member since: Oct 31, 2013
  2. openmind

openmind UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,750 864
    It all sounds a bit vague but I don't see any problem in simply asking your bank who set it up and for a copy of the agreement that was signed.

Is money owed on the card?

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 By: openmind Member since: Sep 6, 2005
  3. servicebase

servicebase UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Thanks for replying..there is money owed on it, although that's not an issue. We've just realized that we didn't actually ask for a credit card. When the bank account was opened the girl in the branch said "i'll arrange for a card to be sent to you" we assumed it was a debit card and a credit card arrived. A bit odd really as we cant find an agreement or remember signing one.

Thanks again

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 By: servicebase Member since: Oct 31, 2013
  4. openmind

openmind UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,750 864
    OK well if there's money owed then it needs to be repaid but as you said you're not trying to shirk that responsibility.

I find it somewhat interesting that the bank gave you a credit a card without any real agreements or guarantees in place so it may well be worth pursuing how it was setup even for your own peace of mind.

Finally, if you don't need the card, I would look at getting it paid off and cancelled. I'm a great believer in that if you can't afford it without financing it with near zero interest then it's not worth doing ;)

Posted: Oct 31, 2013 By: openmind Member since: Sep 6, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.