Community Introductions & Networkling [no links please]

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Henry Osadzinski, Jul 13, 2012.

1. lianne21

lianne21 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all as am new to UK business forums.

I am in the process of setting up my own party supply business, is a very exciting time!!

Nearly ready to begin trading - just a few more things to cover then ready to go. Hoping that UK business forums can help!

Posted: Aug 15, 2013 By: lianne21 Member since: Aug 15, 2013
  2. joeptsearle

joeptsearle UKBF Regular Full Member

130 18
    Nice one!
    Great to see that your going into business, my name is joe searle and I run my own pt business and also an online marketing business, if you ever have any queries about marketing your business online let me know!

Joe

Posted: Aug 15, 2013 By: joeptsearle Member since: Aug 9, 2013
  3. lianne21

4 0
    Thanks, I will keep you in mind :)

Posted: Aug 15, 2013 By: lianne21 Member since: Aug 15, 2013
  4. davehayes

davehayes UKBF Newcomer Free Member

94 14
    Dave here, based in Bognor regis and MD of the Utility Savings Centre, which provides unique solutions for business owners in the catering, hotel, lesiure and property sectors, designed to help them save money and generate income, in a smart way.

I look forward to connecting with fellow members, in what is a busy forum

Dave

Posted: Aug 17, 2013 By: davehayes Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  5. RobbiePereira

RobbiePereira UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi all,

My name is Robbie and I've joined today to get hints and advice on how to progress my business.

Me and my partner setup Obelysk ltd last year. It is a design company based in South East London.

At first it was more of a side project and now we are pushing forward and hopefully my business partner will be able to leave his other job and both be working for Obelysk Ltd full time.

First thing I need to try and find is a commission only based sales program. We're willing to offer 20% on all projects that are sold because you introduced us. I'm looking at this route as there is only two of us full time and I currently contact most companies but I thought if I could get a few people doing it too, it could really take us to the next level.

What are peoples thoughts on this? I imagine the kind of people that would go for it are people already in jobs, looking to earn some extra money in the evening or weekends.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post - I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Robbie
    Obelysk Design

Posted: Aug 17, 2013 By: RobbiePereira Member since: Aug 17, 2013
  6. farnhamit

farnhamit UKBF Newcomer Free Member

28 2
    Cool!

Where are you based just out of interest?

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 By: farnhamit Member since: Jul 21, 2013
  7. chuckles

chuckles UKBF Ace Full Member

1,304 225
    Hi Lianne, do you supply kiddies parties too, aged 4 - 8 ?

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 By: chuckles Member since: Jun 14, 2012
  8. lianne21

4 0
    Hello Farnhamit - I am based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.

Hello Chuckles, I will be supplying children's birthdays of all ages as well as baby showers and wil then be progressing in the new year to adult birthday, milestone birthdays and wedding/ hen nights.

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 By: lianne21 Member since: Aug 15, 2013
  9. chuckles

1,304 225
    Hi again Lianne, brilliant stuff, good luck to you.

Are you setting up a website and/or will you have a brochure/trade price list etc?

10. lianne21

4 0
    Hi Chuckles,

I will have a website for people to buy from, I also plan in the future to develop my own party range/ tableware, stationery and gifts which will be available both retail and trade....fingers crossed!!

Posted: Aug 18, 2013 By: lianne21 Member since: Aug 15, 2013
  11. chuckles

1,304 225
    Good stuff Lianne and good luck.

Keep us posted on progress and I'd be interested to see your trade price list.

12. Jon K.

Jon K. UKBF Contributor Free Member

44 4
    Hi Robbie. We wish you and Dan well.

We're only 'up the road' from you, as it were! All the best.

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 By: Jon K. Member since: Apr 17, 2013
  13. acozier

acozier UKBF Newcomer Free Member

14 0
    Hello

I'm new to the forum and I'm a new business based in London. I'm a nutritionist and I would like to do this full time and now have to do a normal job. I've been in IT for 20 years now and its time for a change.

I've always been into Health and Fitness and with my own weight loss I've been able to advise other also.

As I'm new to having a business I will be learning from you guys but I've also got a lot of knowledge I can give to others :)

Thank you

Posted: Aug 24, 2013 By: acozier Member since: Aug 22, 2013
  14. rsccford

rsccford UKBF Contributor Free Member

51 1
    Hi,

Newish to the forum. My part-time business has developed from what was an experiment into ecommerce into distribution from the US, partly just by seizing an opportunity. Starting with sole distribution rights for a new range of back packs from the States. Based in Southampton - currently employed 4 days a week to reduce the risk but the goal is to go all the way to self-employment and find new product of a similar to add to the portfolio.

Looking forward to learning from the experiences of others and helping out also where I can.

Kind Regards

Rod
    (AirBac UK/Fresh Air Active)

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 By: rsccford Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  15. DMatthews90

DMatthews90 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    Hello,

My name is David Matthews im 23 years old.

I joined the forum today looking fro advise on how I can setup my business, currently I am working full time at a Citrix Administrator, but I enjoy web design so I would like to do this in my spare time evening and weekends.

When it comes to the tax and NI side I am not that experienced and any advice would be appreciated in helping make it success, not sure on what the best path is to take, Limited company? sole trader? tax? VAT?

I also hope I can be of assistance to anyone else too.

Many Thanks
    Dave.

Posted: Aug 30, 2013 By: DMatthews90 Member since: Aug 30, 2013
  16. Jon K.

Jon K. UKBF Contributor Free Member

44 4
    Hi David, and welcome.

Articles such as this...

freelanceadvisor.co.uk/go-freelance-guide/limited-company-vs-sole-trader-which-is-best/

...may help you decide between limited and sole trading.

VAT? Doubt you'll have to register straight off. This may help...

hmrc.gov.uk/vat/start/register/when-to-register.htm

All the best, and feel free to ask specific questions. We'll help where we can.

Jon

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    Posted: Sep 2, 2013 By: Jon K. Member since: Apr 17, 2013
  17. noo81

noo81 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

239 44
    Hello David, welcome to the forum.

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 By: noo81 Member since: Apr 8, 2013
  18. E21MEDIA

E21MEDIA UKBF Newcomer Free Member

38 4
    Hello All,

Apologies for a belated introduction. Have been a member for a few months now.

I'm an eCommerce, Mobile & Web Solutions Consultant, and writer.

Have over 15 years in IT consultancy/architecture, multi industry verticals covering eCommerce; system integration; ECM; CMS; CRM; business intelligence; data warehousing; eMarketing, financial solutions and enterprise search technology.

Interested in working with anyone on exciting new IT, digital media and writing projects.

As for my consultancy team. We have significant experience in the IT industry providing Internet and ecommerce solutions to a diverse range of industry sectors with proven success. Cross industry sectors and multiple functional areas such as CRM, databases, enterprise search, eCommerce, business process management, CMS plus more. Skills include, WordPress, Magento, OpenCart, Joomla, Drupal, JAVA, Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, NoSQL, PHP, Python, .Net, Javascript, Ad Server, Web design plus more.

Hope I can be, and have been of help to fellow board members. Especially those embarking on freelancing or starting their own business.

Thanks for reading and feel free to get in touch.

Best Regards,

Paul

Posted: Sep 4, 2013 By: E21MEDIA Member since: Mar 4, 2013
  19. Matt O'Gara

Matt O'Gara UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi everyone,

Just saying hello here! First off - I'm new to forums, so bear with me while I learn!! :)

I've been on the web for quite some time now, but I grew up in Spain (English parents) and married an English girl, we have a child and now have been here in the UK for almost a year (time flies!) so our boy can spend time with his cousins and family.

I started my business, MobileWebsiteDesignUK.com early this year and by cold calling and persistence have a "nice little earner" as my Grandad would say!

I am a trained Graphic Designer and have been building websites for over 6 years now. I love it. There is a continuous challenge and learning curve when it comes to hosting, website design, website architecture, and search engine optimisation (SEO) - never a dull moment!

I'm on this forum for two reasons, to network/generate business as well as to give free advice when I have spare time. I strongly believe that one has to give to prosper and if what you give is good, you'll be rewarded. Strange how that works but it does... and nowhere more so than the web.

So.. for those of you who read this, my strengths are in graphic design, branding, photography, web design and SEO. I'd love to meet up with people from East Grinstead, West Sussex if possible.

All the best and kind regards,

Matt O'Gara
    Mobile Website Design UK <--- Google it!

West Sussex, September 2013

Posted: Sep 4, 2013 By: Matt O'Gara Member since: Sep 4, 2013
  20. thesourcedes

thesourcedes UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hello all

We are a small London-based company providing a simple, hassle-free end-to-end sourcing and supply chain management service for merchandise.

We have an extensive database of national and international suppliers and work with start ups, smaller wholesalers and promotional companies to quickly search, compare and provide the most cost-effective supply channels for products they produce for customers.

I’m happy to receive personal messages and can help with free advice on efficiently sourcing products in the UK as well as in the Far East.

Thanks

Posted: Sep 26, 2013 By: thesourcedes Member since: Sep 26, 2013