Commany Striking Off

Discussion in 'Insolvency' started by Dazza6m, Dec 7, 2018 at 4:08 PM.

1. Dazza6m

Dazza6m UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 0
    Good morning.
    I have a company which as a result of the situation with Carillion at the start of the year has became insolvent.
    I have sat it out and noticed at that on the 9th October that companies house had commenced the striking off procedure. Shortly afterwards on the 10th November the action was suspended. I received a letter yesterday dated 4th December from Companies House advising that the objection to the dissolution had now been withdrawn and that the action to strike off the company will now recommence immediately.
    I suppose my questions are :-

1. As the Ltd company only owes monies to HMRC ( Corp Tax and VAT ) I presume that this could have been the only persons to request the initial suspension. If so would the HMRC make a single request or could it have been the VAT or Corp Tax as separate officers.
    2. If is has now been recommenced does that suggest that HMRC would not now suspend the action again.
    3. Would the period for strike off now restart from the 4th December or would it be the initial date when the first striking off procedure was actioned.
    4. Am I able to ask Companies House who originally requested the strike off be suspended or should I simply keep my head down and play the waiting game.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 4:08 PM By: Dazza6m Member since: Apr 2, 2018
  2. Blaby Loyal

Blaby Loyal UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

549 107
    99% of the time it will be HMRC. They raise objections almost as a default procedure.

Companies House won't let the objection stay 'live' forever and so restart the striking-off process if HMRC does nothing further such as putting the company into liquidation. Yes, HMRC could object again but if they ain't done owt by this time it's unlikely. It's outside of your control anyway so not something to worry about.

"should I simply keep my head down and play the waiting game" - absolutely

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 4:30 PM By: Blaby Loyal Member since: Jun 12, 2018
  3. Phil Meekin

Phil Meekin UKBF Contributor Full Member

67 10
    personally, I would just sit tight and let it take its course.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 4:30 PM By: Phil Meekin Member since: Apr 10, 2018
  4. Gavin Bates

Gavin Bates UKBF Regular Free Member

466 92
    Hi

As Phil has mentioned I would let it take its course. It is likely that HMRC objected as it standard policy but companies house will strike it off at some stage.

Regards

Gavin

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 9:37 PM By: Gavin Bates Member since: May 9, 2016
  5. Dazza6m

6 0
    Many thanks for all your comments. The point that seemed so strange to me was the fact that the letter specifically said that the objection to the dissolution had now been withdrawn and that the action to strike off the company will now recommence immediately. This reads more as thou whoever asked for it to be stopped had then reconsidered as opposed to companies house possibly not being prepared to let the striking off be cancelled. Is an objection being lifted a strange thing or is it just a standard letter for example.

Posted: Dec 8, 2018 at 6:28 PM By: Dazza6m Member since: Apr 2, 2018
  6. Dazza6m

6 0
    Also if it is recommencing does that mean the period will re start or will it just recommence from the original date.

Posted: Dec 8, 2018 at 8:16 PM By: Dazza6m Member since: Apr 2, 2018
  7. Blaby Loyal

Blaby Loyal UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

549 107
    The process will start again with a new date.

Posted: Dec 9, 2018 at 2:56 PM By: Blaby Loyal Member since: Jun 12, 2018
  8. LUbW

LUbW UKBF Newcomer Free Member

18 0
    I had a letter which stated the same , 1 week later my company was showing as dissolved on companies house website .

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 11:19 AM By: LUbW Member since: Apr 20, 2018