General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Cloud Service Help

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Jimmy Tootime, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Jimmy Tootime

Jimmy Tootime UKBF Newcomer Free Member

26 4
    Hey everyone,

I want to backup some important business files to a Cloud service, just in case my computer ever dies completely. I have used pCloud and files uploaded disappeared from the Cloud storage suddenly, so i decided not to continue using them.

Has anyone any good recommendations for a Cloud storage please and what software i can use to encrypt the files so nobody not even the Cloud storage company can access the documents? Any advice you can give i would be very grateful for. Thank you very much.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 By: Jimmy Tootime Member since: Aug 28, 2019
  2. HarrisH

HarrisH UKBF Newcomer Full Member

17 4
    Hey @Jimmy Tootime,

I'm not entirely sure about the encryption side of things but I use a software called Backblaze and have done so for a couple of years. They've been great for me :)

It's pretty cost-effective which is a huge plus - I'd recommend checking out the encryption side of things though.

Do let us know if you find any other alternatives!

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 By: HarrisH Member since: Nov 1, 2018
  3. mattk

mattk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,072 775
    I use Google Drive. It does everything I need it to. I have never tried encryption, but it does come with something called Boxcrypt which allows you to encrypt your files in the cloud. Of course, there's nothing to stop you doing it on your desktop and then uploading the encrypted files directly.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 By: mattk Member since: Dec 5, 2005
  4. webhostuk

webhostuk UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,394 169
    google drive or Dropbox are good options you can check.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 By: webhostuk Member since: Jul 26, 2009
  5. gpietersz

gpietersz UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

869 189
    Posted: Nov 26, 2019 By: gpietersz Member since: Sep 10, 2019
  6. Nico Albrecht

Nico Albrecht UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

763 148
    Backblaze or Acronis for consumers does allow for that. They offer end to end encryption by default but their client allows for private encryption setup as well on your side if you really want that. The danger is with private encryption keys is if you ever lose the key nobody can help you.

Also cloud storage services depend a bit what you are trying to back up. If you just got basic user data it is fine but VM's and other apps you wanna check first. Also larger files let's say over 20GB ( images etc... ) could have restriction in certain cloud storage providers.

If you want more control who got your data get a wd ex2 ultra setup in raid 1 and use the usb ports to make weekly backups to take home so you would need 1 x nas + 2 drives.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 By: Nico Albrecht Member since: May 2, 2017
  7. gpietersz

gpietersz UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

869 189
    Is "minimum prize" first prize or last place?

Why are you going to fast? Religious of medical reasons?

No its not

Posted: May 18, 2020 By: gpietersz Member since: Sep 10, 2019