CIS: do I need to pay it as an agency?

Discussion in 'Cashflow forum' started by ToddJoiner, Apr 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteLacca

SteLacca UKBF Ace Free Member

1,703 347
    Cindy is right. There is no difference in treatment of CIS suffered and deducted between a Ltd company and a sole trader. The offsetting rule is identical, and is done via the RTI system. There are no different RTI requirements for sole trader or company.

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 By: SteLacca Member since: Jun 16, 2016
  2. DWS

DWS UKBF Regular Free Member

113 15
    As I said I am happy to be proved wrong but can you point to any guidance that confirms your views

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 By: DWS Member since: Oct 26, 2018
  3. SteLacca

1,703 347
    Actually, I stand corrected. unincorporated contactors explicitely do NOT include CIS suffered on EPS. Go figure.

Having said that, all of the CIS contractors I've dealt with since the introduction of RTI have been incorporated business, so I feel at least a little vindicated.

4. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

14,180 3,738
    Does that appear to be an intention in the legislation or an unintended consequence of the way guidance is framed. I notice HMRC seem to use 'contractors' and 'companies' interchangeably.

As it stands, though, it would appear as if incorporation is the way forward for the OP.

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  5. SteLacca

1,703 347
    I suspect it's a way for this cynical Government to get a loan of hard working contractor/subcontractors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.